Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I almost walked out of work twice today because the person they hired to process orders literally cannot retain information no matter who, how and when information is relayed. She's been doing this job, the same thing over and over all day, for t months. She asks me, interrupting my sales calls every FIFTEEN MINUTES to ask the same questions.

I cannot do this poo poo anymore. I literally wrote up documentation, step by step, on how to do everything.

She also passes me every single call that someone says "I'd like to set up an account."

It's usually a single person wanting to buy like, a single item. Instead of taking and processing the order, she sends it to me. When I'm dealing with million dollar a year plus revenue clients.

I don't have time for this. Her bullshit is causing me to miss appointments. She also fucks up every order, and instead of taking reinstruction with grace, she just gets upset. I'll say "hey, [name], would you mind looking at this with me? It looks like the address was supposed to be this. Can you switch it to their requested address? Thanks!" Or "hey friend, can you review this? It looks like you might have miskeyed an item number, they actually asked for this. Can you revise and send them a new invoice, advising them? Thanks!"

Instead of actually doing it she just says "I'm a loving idiot, gently caress me" or "I'm at loving stupid." She's in her late middle age. That poo poo is manipulative as gently caress. Don't do that.

I am really loving good at my job but I need order accuracy and I need someone who can communicate with grace with my customers. She's their first point of contact. Telling someone "oh, you wanna talk to uhhhhhh Hamjobs? Hold on I guess" I would like to see someone, idk, professional. I don't think my boss pays enough for professional though.

I feel like a lovely micromanager. I just want her to like, pick up on what I'm putting down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like I don't care how she gets to the end result, but, come the damned end result.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

She worked 2 hours of overtime today because she couldn't get her poo poo together enough to just do things in an organized fashion and I'm just getting my teeth because my boss is gonna flip the gently caress out that I'm not getting anything done because I'm getting interrupted all day. He already got mad that I'm touching things when customers call to complain.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Why be employed when you could have Ones and just chill

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like trust me y'all are not missing poo poo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Twenty Four posted:

Im going into surgery in a week, expected to have over a month recovery, and we just had a change of management, so even though I've been with the same company for over 15 years It is unknown if I will have a job or pay my bills! :iiam:

Welp thats my work story other then the hundreds of others!

God dammit, I'm sorry. Is the company big enough to be required to honor FMLA?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"did you send that quote?" Yes, here's the timestamp.

"That seems low, change it to this this and this" no that's what they asked for and he's already told me it's too much

"Well, charge him more" no? I don't think so.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I go to work every day. We've been in the office the entire pandemic.

Today: "wow we should look into working from home."

Holy gently caress. Ok. I'm on board.

"Ehhhhh it might hit us on taxes."

THAT IS THE LEAST OF OUR PROBLEMS, I ASSURE YOU.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

Unfortunately I cannot do my job from home so I have been doing pretty much the exact same things I was doing before the pandemic.

I probably cooooouuuuld but I need to be able to physically see the warehouse because no one has ever done a loving inventory in SIXTEEN YEARS OF BUSINESS

I MIGHT DIE

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We find poo poo, constantly, that has been hidden for more than a decade. I found a case of a long defunct manufacturer's original formula for a bamboo soap. It was a glycerine soap in a plastic wrap. The plastic had liquefied due to the breakdown of the glycerine soap from being stored in improper, overheated conditions near a hot water pipe for fifteen years. It was awful.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Those are never fun discoveries

We did find a box of hitachi magic wands that was shipped to us by mistake so I had fun hooking those up and making horrible vibration noise on the steel plates

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I just spent half an hour crafting various iterations of a PDF because my boss didn't like the font.

I could have been doing so many things.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"just send them samples"

They're in Cuba, I literally can't?

"Yes you can"

THEY'RE NOT GETTING MAIL YET BECAUSE OF THE PANDEMIC I LITERALLY CAN'T

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm starting to legitimately fantasize about walking out the door directly into traffic, so I guess it's time to actually turn on my "get a different job" face.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I mean I can't blame him for being annoyed either. It blows to push hard for change and suddenly someone finally listens to the same thing you've been saying for years, out of someone else's mouth.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also, felt on not knowing what your job even is. I have sold more in two weeks, revenue and net profit wise, than what my company has made in five years. And my boss still stuff I don't know poo poo about poo poo, verbatim.

I run multiple businesses in my own when I'm not at my job. And I do well enough that I shouldn't have to have a job. I only have this one to please another person, and that other person holds my life in their hands in a lot of ways that I can't get into here. It's complex and it's unhappy. Someday I will not have to do that. I keep holding on to my life with the hope that someday exists.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Take the paper until you find another gig. That's my current plan.

I got my book pitch in to the right people finally and now I gotta do the negotiation dance, and when that's finalized I'm quitting. I realize I won't get rich, and that was never the plan, but it's better than *gestures around* so.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm gonna try real hard to survive this week and not tell my boss how sick I am so they don't fire me immediately.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Just print that post and give it to your boss because honestly this is exactly what needs to be said.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have the "good job" with the shitheads. The only cool person is the new warehouse guy and we're basically Best Friends now.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I might legitimately walk the hell out holy poo poo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I straight up nailed a six million dollar sale in a month and my boss just said I don't have the chops to sell.

That's two plus years of revenue, with a 30% margin.

I'm done. I'll walk soon and I'm okay with that.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I actually don't have a single desire in my body to sell, I'm just incredibly good at it. I have no ambition and the only reason I have a job is to satisfy my now estranged wife, because I run two separate businesses full time with a huge net profit (actual profit after expenses and taking out salary, not revenue) and actually enjoy my work when left to my own devices. Having a "real job," as she calls it, nets me zero benefits, I make an hourly poo poo wage, I'm berated constantly and it's cutting into my time that I could be spending volunteering or growing my own poo poo.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That's the thing. I keep kicking the can down the road saying "just a few more months" and it's been two years almost.

I feel like two years is a long time considering that I'm the longest serving employee they've ever had. That's depressing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If I were pulling commission at the rate the former guy was I would have made over a million in two weeks.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have cleared approximately seven years in revenue, five in net profit, by myself in eight weeks.

My boss today: "I think you might be okay at selling but you should use <outdated verbiage>."

Me: but that doesn't apply anymore, because <reasons>.

My boss: "since when? It's always been like this, right?"

Me: since 2017. That's why you were hemorrhaging customers.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm just bringing in money and making side deals and I might let one of the suppliers poach me. Less work and hella more money? Sure.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

They're hiring another sales rep at twice what I make and letting them work from home. New guy is 21 and in college still.

I'm done. I'm just, I'm about to lose it completely. I'm literally working through a pandemic selling my rear end off which is not even why I was hired, and I get paid poo poo an hour, and I work full time. With no benefits.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I can't just quit. I like that everyone is giving me advice that I didn't ask for too. Good. Great. Yes. I am aware that it's discrimination, I am aware that I am not valued and I can't just quit right now because reasons that are complicated. But soon. I am so mad.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm not trying to be contrary but like, if I walk out there's a damned good chance my wife yanks my house away from me. On top of that, I get paid just enough that I can't get any assistance with anything, so. I'm hosed either way.

I'm just going to go also my dick on the competitor's table and tell them they're going to hire me for more money and let me work from home. Barring that I'll retreat into the loving woods and live amongst the wolves, see if I give a flying gently caress anymore.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

Is your wife tied to the company you're working for? Or they just don't want you walking out without an actual job offer on the table? Either way, reading these posts is really helping put my work related problems into perspective. :glomp: I know you're strong enough to power through this.

My wife has zip to do with my company. My wife just holds my house in her name as a carrot. It's complicated and I don't want to get into it, she lives on the west coast and works for big Search Engine, high up, and basically this is my consolation prize for being a practice spouse. Things are in slow motion for dissolution because reasons. I get nothing but a place to live and health insurance in the meantime.

I have zero freedom in my life, I have an illness that is overtaking me, and what's left of my sanity is crumbling due to circumstances beyond my control. It's real good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How is your coworker? I worry. Are you holding up okay or faking it okay at least?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm legitimately so tired of this job that I applied to do logistics coordination for a poo poo tier freight company because it sounds more fun.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

sorry hj

though now you have me thinking, is there a tier list for freight companies?

There is. Very much so. SAIA is at the very bottom.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How long can you get away with not working, because this guy is gonna give somebody botulism.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Somebody tried to put in a web order eleven times over the weekend.

The payment connector we use between our processor and Magento failed somehow. Eleven times this person's card was charged--not just auth'd, but charged and settled--for over 4k a pop.

They big mad and I'm like "did you think to stop after one?"

I'm big mad because I can't figure out why the connector failed for only one customer and not the 2000+ others we had over the weekend.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yup it's happening all over, and it's past time.

Let it hit them.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh poo poo, sometime finally called out one of the guys from PDX.

I have personal stories. Several. If it weren't for the CRiot crew I dunno if I would've survived the last time I attempted Portland.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

DaChurl posted:

Chilling in the private handicap bathroom that has been repurposed into a pumping room, messing around on my phone with suction cups attached to my boobs.
Honestly not a bad way to break up the work day.

Been there, my good orb. Been there.

I spent a lot of hours in the break room with the door locked because that's the only place that they would allow me to pump. Real good, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm angling a pitch right now for a wfh job at a company that is now remote only and they literally laughed when I asked them if they were planning on going back to the office ever.

"We don't give a gently caress, our board is smarter than that."

Let's hope they stay smart. I won't hold my breath.