Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Khad posted:

i have been unemployed for like 3 years :(

I'm unemployed too! Try and enjoy it. You may never be freer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

:)

Areola Grande

chomp cbd gummies, vape we'd and go for lots of walks with my 11 pound best friend. when I'm not doing that I'm either eating, sleeping or playing vidya.

sundown means it's time for drinking Ones and posting, youtube and watching v serious dramas/period pieces. Mortal Kombat 11 online with voice chat muted at least six nights a week. I don't do caffeine so I gotta get my heart beating hard somehow. I think it's important to have one unchill habit to make u appreciate the otherwise chill day.

when it comes to lockdown or long term unemployment, the hardest obstacle to overcome is monotony. forcing myself to go to a new dog park or eating lunch takeout from somewhere weird is usually the best I come up with

no work crew :meowth:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

:peanut:

Areola Grande

starting a new job today in order 2 post ITT

:haibrow:

Areola Grande

I just got a job offer to work for 3M at $20.50 per hour :psyduck:

I never thought I'd make that much money in my life and I am hella loving excite :peanut:

Areola Grande

NumptyScrub posted:

Basically if a company agrees to pay you an amount, you can be certain that you are actually worth more than that amount

Understand that you absolutely are worth at least $20.50 an hour :hmmyes:

yeah, it's a six month contract through Manpower so u KNOW they're getting their beaks wet on this one

:shrug: it's a living

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

:yeah:

grats on the new job AG! I hope you find the people and labour palatable.

driving around town in a company van. Picking up used 3M Wound Vacs®.

Drive em back to 3M, clean em w/ chemicals, submit them to Quality Control, then deliver them to local hospitals in need of fresh, clean ones

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

:allears:

ready for these 3M wound vac delivery driver stories to start.

11 days until story #1

Areola Grande

I just had a talk w/ my boss of only five days and told him today is my last day. I feel kind of bad about it but I'm just temping so it's not a huge deal. Anyways I'm still looking forward to my traditional "parking lot moment" later today, which is something I do every time I quit a job.

Walk out of the building, lean against ur car and just look around. Those trees waving in the breeze? Those are urs 2 climb now, at ur leisure, anytime, any day, because u r free now. Those birbs flying overhead? They are ur brethren now.

U told the man 2 shove it and now ur footloose and fancy free. There's nothing I love more in life than quitting a job.

Areola Grande

cruft posted:

Kinda sounds like you're the man now, and your job is quitting jobs. You need to take this to the next level by quitting the job of quitting, thereby sticking it to yourself.

(PS congratulations)

I... I'm the man now dog?!? :abrathink:

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

gently caress a job

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

ag you quitting that job already? dang that was a short one.

yeah I got another jorb offer and it's a sweet one. I'm getting out of the office and onto the road. Blue skies here I come

Areola Grande

I have a job and I have to touch computers so I'm going to post ITT at long last starting 2morrow :tfrxmas:

FAIR WARNING WORK CREW

Areola Grande

NumptyScrub posted:

computer touching is a skill that we will all help you to obtain :coal:

why does this keyboard have 2 windows keys let alone one :confused:

Areola Grande

NumptyScrub posted:

wait wth this is not right :psyduck:

Keyboards with more than one windows key are haram what kind of operation are you working for :thunk:

State Building where some keyboards have extra keys and some are missing keys and some ladders lead to the roof :stare:

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

the one on the left is to pry off and drop on the curb for the homies that aren't with us anymore

will do :auspol:

Areola Grande

work is a fart

Areola Grande

Cardi BYOB posted:

gently caress:

-this job
-this boss
-this loving town
-this entire county
-this loving state
-every loving god damned thing I've ever touched here

gently caress
A drat
JOB

:tfrxmas: let's regulate

Areola Grande

I officially ran out of podcasts. Podcasts are what fuels my day.

Old Brenda one cube over from me talks to herself all day but is very nice and old as gently caress and nurturing so what u gonna do.

Luckily I can just wear headphones all day and enjoy podcasts and audiobooks. Suggestions are extremely welcome on that front btw

I'm considering saving up for a Garbage Brain University patreon sub but that will take a while

what's a good free byob comedy podcast :magemage:

Areola Grande fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 4, 2022

Areola Grande

Escape From Noise posted:

I slept poorly last night and overslept. Fortunately, I don't have much of anything to do today.

take napu :success:

Areola Grande

Gramps posted:

Are You Garbage is my current favorite. Even when they don't have a guest it's really funny

you've never steered me wrong Gramps :respek:

Areola Grande

Just put on Dopesmoker by Sleep. That'll kill an hour!

i took ur advice but this album is p terrible so far. what's the payoff

Areola Grande

more falafel please posted:

the drone is the payoff

:confused: what drone

Areola Grande

well I'll be damned!

Areola Grande

in all honesty I was at the office and only trashed on sleep deprivation and codeine which turned out to suck rear end as a combo honestly :baduk:

I'll try again tomorrow when I'm only eating that brown we'd :hai:

Areola Grande

I open paper food stamp applications for a living. Today I had an applicant who is an old man named Russyl. It made me smile to learn that even in the 1940s, parents were already finding funky fresh new ways to misspell their childrens' names, just like today. Here's 2 u Russyl

Areola Grande

Farecoal posted:

That's a niche job :prepop:

yeah it is. I love it

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

I can't sleep because I've been obsessing about this argument I had with someone in another department this morning, and that ain't healthy at all. At least it didn't escalate and stayed civil but it's complete bs and it'll happen again, and that person is on days off now so it'll be a week or more before it comes up again, so there's no resolution there. And the thing is, even if she's right, my underlying premise that complacency is not a thing you base a plan on, no matter how many times it's worked for you in the past, is completely lost on, well generally that whole department. Anyway, gently caress a job.

back burner drama is the worst. I recommend a nice glass of wine before bed :hchatter:

hang in there bud

Areola Grande

Old Brenda, who sits one cube over from me, talks to herself all day long. She's old as the hills so i guess it's understandable. Thank yob I have headphones and can just block out her prattlings w/ podcasts all day. Anyway, here's the wild part: I just walked by her desk and caught her enjoying a piping hot taco bell breakfast. wtf...

Areola Grande

i guess it just goes to show that ur never too old for firstmeal

Areola Grande

:argh:

Areola Grande

I like you are posting style dr honked

Areola Grande

rear end-penny posted:

It is Monday and I'm work posting and I have tomorrow and Wednesday off :snoop:

:luckyducky:

Areola Grande

Enfys posted:

Did some work.

Didn't like it.

story of my life pardner

Areola Grande

Dr. Honked posted:

i went into the office today for a change of scenery. i'm the only one here, and the office fridge has two boxes of ice cream bars in it. looks like i'll be chompin' bars today my friends

chomp one 4 me bud. my office mini fridge only has coke zeroes :(

Areola Grande

I haven't worked since July. I've just been donating plasma to get by but now my funds are drying up and I am going to have to make money somehow. However I don't know if I can ever go back to a 40 hour work week b/c

gently caress A JOB :colbert:

Areola Grande

what I rlly want is some kind of scheme or caper. how can I make money without getting a jorb BYOB???

Areola Grande

Dr. Honked posted:

crime, or pets

I was thinking magnets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

First day back and the restaurant manager is already giving me a headache.

how's ur jet lag zombie brain