Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
:guitar: work sucks, I know :guitar:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

I once got a message on linkedin from a lady who wanted me to work for her [big company]. Twice we met up for 'interviews' where she promised the world, she was very ott.

Third interview she schedules with 2 other people, she doesn't come (she is a super senior boss). So yeah in this third interview these 2 people give a completely different understanding of the job.

Them: do you do video editing?
Me: .....no
Them: 80% of the job is video editing
Me....cool beans :waycool:

Then after harassing relentlessly me for weeks I never heard from this woman again lol

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Fart Dumbass posted:

wfh training is great, it's like 95% just chilling playing ps5 while i wait for a bunch of people to get through the same material I did 20 times slower for some reason. thank u everyone for being slow af

Maybe they are deliberately taking a hot minute to finish so that they don't need to go onto the next thing?

Like they are sitting there with the thing open while making a cup of tea or posting in yospos or whatever

Chewbecca

Scuba Trooper posted:

i can't go back to adjunct teaching tho. loving nightmare with next to no pay and no benefits but i spent too much time in academia (like a moron) to do anything outside of education

Try to get into learning technology support, if youve wrangled an LMS for any number of years you are well placed.

Chewbecca

Work is finished for the day and it was a gd Barry Crocker I tell you what :sadpeanut:

Chewbecca

He was still providing a civic service so I fail to see the issue here

Chewbecca

<screams into the abyss about how much I hate my horrid and god forsaken job>

<jiggles my mouse so my Teams icon turns from yellow to green>

<returns to screaming>

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

reasons my Teams prescence indicator would go yellow:
1. shidding
2. farding
3. thinking about Thos Beans
4. gone outside
5. cranking hog with both hands
6. doing a pee
7. looking @ coffee machine gently drip drip dripping the hot brown into its carafe
8. existential contemplation
9. dungeons and dragons
10. strumming a guitar, tunelessly
11. looking in mirror, wondering where it all went wrong
12. power outage
13. slumber
14. playing minecraft on the other computer
15. doin crimez
16. petting pets
17. talking to plants

Who among us doesn't enjoy the 11 + 5 mega combo

Chewbecca

Change back to videos! Then maybe do a low effort game like a video quiz or something at the end. It sounds to me like you have a sound justification to change plans

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

The most effective form phishing control is to just not read your emails.

Delete them all as they come in, its just not worth the risk

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

I hope you have (had?) good luck at your interview EF. someone placed a takeout order 10 to close tonight. I told them we closed real soon and they should come to the store immediately, they said they'd be there in 15. 45 minutes later I'm done with everything, and apparently I didn't even get their real phone number, because our caller id sucks, and it was my driver's number instead. anyway, if they ever showed up for their food, hopefully they are as angry as I am :killing:

Oh goon that sucks :negative:

Chewbecca

Work is hard and I am tired :negative:

Chewbecca

cruft posted:

Cruft jr is going to study entomology. I mean, for now. You know how it is with college.

Related: jr started their first real minimum-wage job today, at the take-n-bake pizza franchise in town. Jr is very, very excited about this.

They made Jr pay $8 to take an online food safety course. It's like since I was there in the 90s, minimum wage employers found exciting new ways to make things even more painful for the poor.

Thats horrendous! Paying to do an OHS course for your job? I am cranky on your behalf, thats so wrong :rant:

Chewbecca

Yeah multiple things can be bad at once, imo

Chewbecca

Page 69 :getin:

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

I'm not saying it's good, just that it's universal and omnipresent, like climate change. Whether it's a food safety cert, or a Microsoft azure cert, or a chemotherapy cert, or an air brakes license, or anything like that, if your last job didn't give you it then you're going to be on the hook for it to get a look in at any place that puts "must be x certified" in the job posting. It's cool and good if you work for a place or run a place that provides on the job training and pays for licensing and certification, but most places don't do that. Hell, think of how many jobs require a bachelor's degree that they absolutely don't pay for.

In Australia this would be illegal to do (make you pay for a certification that is a requirement for a job they have already hired you for). You also get paid for the time spent doing the training. Hth.

Edward Fingerhands posted:

Frankly if you require, or are required by law, to have certain things at a company the company should provide those without question full loving stop. THAT'S THE COST OF DOING FUCKIN BUSINESS.

:agreed: x 69 million

In other news, I don't work fridays so let the page 69 no work party begin!

Chewbecca

more falafel please posted:

I'm off this Friday so I've got a 4 day weekend

<high motherflipping 5, goon>

Chewbecca

Scuba Trooper posted:

all weekends should be 4 days imo, if not 7

The fact that scientists arent working on this right now is a travesty, imo

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

I switched to chrome and then had to open edge again hours later for one thing that doesn't work in chrome and after 2 days of going "who da fuq is this guy", it suddenly decided it did remember my password.
Compute suck

Perhaps YOS is a POS, hth

Chewbecca

Work, hyeah good god what is it good for (absolutely nothing) say it again y'all

Chewbecca

Work is poo poo fart gently caress hell and nobody can tell me otherwise

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

i have the frickin sads right now and it's difficult to get things done. i can do meetings not problem at all, and lead stuff, and be all happy and full of energy, but between meetings i'm like UGH

maybe it's time for more ice cream. it's definitely time for a lil walk in the sunshine

Oh no goon :smith:

Just know that this too will pass. Going out in the sun is a great idea. Maybe plan to do something fun and cool on a non-work day if you can swing it

Chewbecca

NumptyScrub posted:

Corporate bureaucracy can go take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned, just because I've eventually learned how to navigate it, doesn't mean it performs a useful or even necessary role :negative:

The world is a greakign vampire! :argh:

Chewbecca

Work is over for the week, and not a minute too soon imo! I am being overworked and underpaid when frankly, I would much prefer to be underworked and overpaid. How do I get one of those jobs :sigh:

Chewbecca

Scuba Trooper posted:

ive been tweaking my resume for new stuff and man i hate resumes. just fuckin do not like resumes

I realised a few days back that the resume I had been using knocked an entire 12 months off the length of time at one of my recent roles (said 2021 as start instead of 2020).

I checked that drat thing so many times too!! :argh:

Chewbecca

curriculum vitae lmao

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

also some people who are really bad at writing resumes get their friend to write it for them. however, the friend is also bad at writing resumes.

I know someone who paid for a "professional" to do their resume, but when I looked at it years later it was garbage. I completely redid it but it makes me cranky to think of the missed opportunities from that thing!

Also don't pay a professional to do your resume - if you have friends/family who have been responsible for hiring/firing get them to look instead and provide feedback. The ability to download a resume template from word doth not a professional make

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

Japanese resumes are sort of a pain in the rear end but at least it's mostly just data entry.

How are they different, I am fascinated to learn more :allears:

Chewbecca

I know

Chewbecca

xcheopis posted:

I had to change my password to our "secure documents" site and am grateful for our forum subtitle. Try to guess that one, hackers!

lol

Chewbecca

dat rear end(orted data)

Chewbecca

Finger Prince posted:

What a poo poo loving day.

What happened goon, are you okay?! :ohdear:

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. The head chef is now threatening to not make me a staff meal because I didn't say goodbye probably when I came back yesterday to get my bike or whatever. Fuckin lmfao. Time to start going home for lunch.

His behaviour is bullying, he seems to be singling you out for every perceived slight :sigh: Could you talk to your boss? This place doesn't seem very good for your self esteem =/

Chewbecca

I am feeling a little verklempt today goons. I started this new job 2.5 weeks ago so its early days, but yesterday my (fortunately only temporary) new manager:

• involved herself in a situation she didnt need to intervene in
  • made it much worse
  • had a go at me in Slack over it, completely misunderstanding both the initial situation and my steps to remediate it
I feel sick, I only just started :qq:

Chewbecca

Buttchocks posted:

I think I might work for a cult. The upper managers made us sit through a lecture this week about how it's totally worth it to make sacrifices and work 80/hr weeks in order to become a super-manager who makes lots of money for the company. Sounded a lot like what you'd hear in a church/MLM scam and set off a lot of red flags for me. Also apparently in order to get a position in upper management, you need to participate in something called The Path and buy a lot of shares. If our office has some sort of alter in the basement, I haven't found it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised. Gosh, now I feel like one of those Lovecraftian characters who investigates secret worshipers of some ancient Deep One and goes mad or turns into a fish.

This is bad juju goon, you might wanna bail on this bad boy

Chewbecca

more falafel please posted:

please don't. i used to work at a company that would post a list of divorces that had happened over the course of a project, you know, for fun. it's physically bad for you. it is harming your body

:dafuq:

Chewbecca

A month in my new job and I am fairly certain I loving hate it lmao :w00t:

Chewbecca

Buttchocks posted:

It's the annual food truck day! All 250 of you get a free meal coupon to use! [Yay!]
Unfortunately there's only one food truck this year. [Oh.]
And they will only be there between noon and 1. [Oh gently caress.]

Welp; that aint gonna work lol

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

I'm going to kill someone today

What happened goon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

rear end-penny posted:

all of my coworkers are useless slags

:smith::hf::smith: