Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I read some new poems from a former student today and I felt really proud because when I taught them it was their very first time writing poems and now they kick a ton of rear end at it and are getting the recognition they deserve.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I think I'm probably ok at applying to jobs because i usually have a job but I feel like I'm really loving bad at it. I'm applying to some library jobs though which is something I've always been interested in and maybe I might like a break from teaching.

How Wonderful!

This semester I'm teaching one course from a standardized syllabus, it's one of those things where every freshman has to take it (more or less) and have a uniform set of like... topical essays to talk about. Anyway I'm dreading opening up the revised version of the readings because the last time I taught this class was like six or so years ago and one of the units was about the ~TRANS BATHROOM *DEBATE*~ and in 2021 I don't want to have to juggle the pros and cons of whether or not I should be allowed to honk out a piss while abroad in the blinking world to a bunch of 18 year olds.

How Wonderful!

I sorted out all my lesson plans and modules on Canvas and gosh this syllabus emits a woeful energy. Lots of thinkpieces about cancel culture, all of it precisely calibrated to 2014 for maximum undergraduates-responding-with-total-disdain.

I understand why the classes that got pseudo perma-shifted to online were the intro to writing ones, but I'm frustrated because one of my friends' new books came out and it rules so much and I wish I could teach it in a poetry class.

How Wonderful!

Good luck MN! If I were in your shoes I'd already be pumping my fist and like vaulting over park benches, crooking my arm around lamp-posts and doing a spin, pirouetting around an old lady on the cross-walk and then kissing her on the cheek... when I get to a puddle two sailors on shore leave appear on either side of me and hoist me across while I continue my little song... I mean to say I'd be feeling pretty good based on the signals you're describing!!!

How Wonderful!

The first week of classes is over for me, very front-loaded into Monday and Tuesday and I decided that if I'm going to wear nice professor clothes and makeup for two days I might as well record video for my asynchronous classes at the same time. So now I just get to sit here and read comics for the rest of the week, which I'm fine with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

When I had an office my snack was either:
a) nuts and raisins from home if I remembered
b) sour peach rings if I ran into someone who wanted to get coffee at 7-11
c) a little parfait if I ran into someone who wanted to get coffee at the fancy place
d) fruit or candy if students gave me something
e) chaat if my office-mate brought in extra
d) if there was a lecture or a roundtable going on whatever snacks the department bought for it (usually qdoba chips and queso)