Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

I played the fan translation of DGS1 a couple years ago, so excited both games are coming over now!

I’m finishing up a replay of AAI2 on my modded 3ds and man is it such a shame it never came overseas officially. One of the best in the series imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Unlucky7 posted:

I never played AA6 despite playing the rest of the series. I wonder if I should get on that. I thought there was a cell phone version but I do not see it for iPhone?

Huh. You're right, I can't find it either. Same with Dual Destinies. I guess those must have been delisted without any warning, that's pretty lousy.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Apropos of nothing, but the prosecutor from 6 was a hypocritical piece of poo poo who only rebels when its popular.

6-4 is also one of the biggest dud cases in the series due to how nonsensical it is to any non-japanese.

Violent disagree. I don't know poo poo about Rakugo and I adored that case. It was my favorite in the game. It does a great job of contextualizing things for those not familiar, and more Simon being a doof is great. I want to see more Athena leading cases with Simon assisting!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I love when everyone complains about cases because I adore literally everything about this series EXCEPT:

1.) The circus case, especially Moe
2.) Trying to turn that loving Blue Badger statue at precisely the right angle to advance the plot

I can't wait to play 2 new games

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Silver Falcon posted:

Violent disagree. I don't know poo poo about Rakugo and I adored that case. It was my favorite in the game. It does a great job of contextualizing things for those not familiar, and more Simon being a doof is great. I want to see more Athena leading cases with Simon assisting!

While I agree completely I fear I must remind the court thread: BLOON!

Also I can excuse Moe, lousy puns and all. There are worse things about 2-3.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

I never played AA6 despite playing the rest of the series. I wonder if I should get on that. I thought there was a cell phone version but I do not see it for iPhone?
They apparently got removed from the iStore a couple months back due to, you guessed it, an ios update breaking them. Hopefully they'll be back at some point?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'm glad this is finally happening but also, give us an HD Apollo Justice trilogy and AAI duology on Console/PC you cowards.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The only case I've ever hated can be summed up in two words

extraterritorial rights

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ChaosArgate posted:

Huh. You're right, I can't find it either. Same with Dual Destinies. I guess those must have been delisted without any warning, that's pretty lousy.
They're still on the Play Store, at least.

Bloody Pom posted:

I'm glad this is finally happening but also, give us an HD Apollo Justice trilogy and AAI duology on Console/PC you cowards.
Seems like easy money to me at least.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

FairGame posted:

I love when everyone complains about cases because I adore literally everything about this series EXCEPT:

1.) The circus case, especially Moe
2.) Trying to turn that loving Blue Badger statue at precisely the right angle to advance the plot

I can't wait to play 2 new games

Fangz posted:

extraterritorial rights

Sugar, Sugar...
O that night, in your embrace
When you stole away the keys
my heart held on to so tight.

Pleasure...
But a fleeting melody
It wraps itself around me,
And now through the air I fly.

Woh... Woh...

Burning on in my heart. Fire.
Burn my love away. All away.
Like a bullet of love. Fire.
Take my life away. All away.

Guitar, Guitar...
Up together to the sky.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Why would you do this to me

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I can hear it now

Thanks

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:shepicide:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We don't have to hurt each other like this, you know!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Bloody Pom posted:

The leak back at the end of last year had a vague note about the possibility of an 456 collection, if I recall correctly. So while this is no guarantee, it wouldn't surprise me if that were to happen at some point.

e: This is what I was thinking of: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/jvg1ci/capcom_leaks_ace_attorney_7_in_development/

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If they're gonna be releasing all these collections that might as well go all the way and give us the Edgeworth Chronicles too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
With GAAC going into Q3 instead of the planned Q1 from the leaks (which was pre-covid), I wouldn't be shocked if 4-6 comes out around the Holidays this year and 7 ends up from Q3 2021 to Q1 2022. It just makes too much sense to have the entire mainline series available on all the platforms 7 will be in. Then we'll be in a lull and might need to wait until 2023 for the Edgeworth Collection

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dunno, Im not sure Im convinced. Let's watch the video one more time

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I guess I should bite the bullet and finish off my AAI2 playthrough that I've been sitting on for over a year.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Honestly I liked the circus case a lot. Mainly because I solved the mystery immediately as soon as I saw the bust. Teenage me felt very smart.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
everyone hates Moe for the dumb "get penalized for pressing" thing but tbh if it weren't for that he'd be the one actually likable and respectable new character in 2-3
though the weirdest thing about that case is still how the anime adaptation did it significantly better than the original somehow, only to go on to totally mangle 2-4 afterwards

also rakugo case good, Uendo is the best and so is their theme

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

The clown case sucks not because of Moe, who is somehow the most reasonable of the lot, but because of that creepy ventriloquist.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

IDK how this hasn't been posted already:

(and yes it is real)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

McConnell posted:

The clown case sucks not because of Moe, who is somehow the most reasonable of the lot, but because of that creepy ventriloquist.

Also ----Acro---- is like the least sympathetic killer in the series

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Fangz posted:

extraterritorial rights

You know, AAI 1 just kind of sucks, huh? The cases are either bland and forgettable, or particularly the last case actually terrible.

I haven't played the sequel to that, but I don't know if Edgeworth makes for a compelling protagonist in general. He works well as a confident and capable side character.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's good bait

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Blue Labrador posted:

You know, AAI 1 just kind of sucks, huh? The cases are either bland and forgettable, or particularly the last case actually terrible.

I haven't played the sequel to that, but I don't know if Edgeworth makes for a compelling protagonist in general. He works well as a confident and capable side character.

Don't make me post the song again. I won't stand for people hating on the most underrated game in the series. It gets bonus points for being the only game with an actually good flashback case - even the one in AAI2 is pretty meh.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The flashback case is pretty much the high point of AAI. Doesn’t overstay it’s welcome, has a twist that doesn’t feel some kind of convoluted, and Detective Badd.

The first half of the final case is fairly good as well, but then almost everything in the second half just goes and ruins all of that goodwill.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I forgive AAI just for the spooky blue badger image.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Best part of AAI2 is just how dramatic Edgeworth is about his loving logic chess minigame. "I must use THAT!" Gumshoe: "oh no not THAT"

Worst part of the games is that AAI is Miles is still a dick who keeps Gumshoe's salary suppressed to slave labor levels. Like half the "jokes" are Gumshoe making some error and Edgeworth being like "well look who doesn't get to afford food this week!"

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

blackmongoose posted:

Don't make me post the song again. I won't stand for people hating on the most underrated game in the series. It gets bonus points for being the only game with an actually good flashback case - even the one in AAI2 is pretty meh.
case 3 being meh and then case 5 having the worst pacing in history just drag down AAI way too hard. if your finale is a disappointment that's what people are going to walk away from the game with.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I really hated they could straight up magic a room no one could access in Case 3, AAI, and have that as a smoking gun evidence. Even for this series thats a bit much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7mjDl2fDtY

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sharkitten posted:

Also ----Acro---- is like the least sympathetic killer in the series
Is he? He has a pretty clear revenge motive when half the culprits are just doing it for greed or to cover up a previous crime

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fangz posted:

extraterritorial rights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfENnDvb4UA

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zyxyz posted:

everyone hates Moe for the dumb "get penalized for pressing" thing but tbh if it weren't for that he'd be the one actually likable and respectable new character in 2-3

I replayed it when the hd collection came out and I still remembered what statements to actually press on and I still hated Moe

Worst case, hated every character in it. Worst killer, worst witnesses, worst client, worst prosecutor until 6 came out

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
AAI sucks and when i beat the flashback case i asked here "does the game get better?" only to be told I had gone through the peak.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Amppelix posted:

case 3 being meh and then case 5 having the worst pacing in history just drag down AAI way too hard. if your finale is a disappointment that's what people are going to walk away from the game with.

I like the actual adversary in AAI-5 because he's one of those guys that's supposed to just final feel untouchable the way people like Gant are, but it ends up just being so long and requiring so many "other person shows up at perfect time to assist" moments that it just sucks any energy out of it.

flavor.flv posted:

I replayed it when the hd collection came out and I still remembered what statements to actually press on and I still hated Moe

Worst case, hated every character in it. Worst killer, worst witnesses, worst client, worst prosecutor until 6 came out

That was Franziska's first appearance right? I liked her as a character as the series went on, but really dislike that her first appearance cemented the trend of the prosecutor just straight up physically assaulting PW/the defense attorney constantly.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 22, 2021

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The Treeman gets undone by someone bleeding on a box of hotdogs. Sherlock Holmes would have an aneurysm trying to go that many hoops to prove someones guilt.

Also they keep bring Wendy Oldbag when nobody asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/FalKoopa_/status/1384892010432286720

I didn't notice this on first viewing but this is super cool