Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont know how you get the vm. links but

https://www.tiktok.com/@ebonybarbie...1&is_copy_url=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m the money laundering dad jokes in the comments

for the links I just hit the share button in the app and hit copy link :iiam:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i havent clicked a single goddamn link in this thread

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Share Bear posted:

cringe is a blanket term like hipster that is applied in the same way

pretty sure it means "someone who is operating on a lower irony level than I am" so if you're "online" that's basically everyone

people these days just can't handle a lil sincerity

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

shocking this isnt in the gas chamber yet...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

You should try it, a lot of them are pretty ok

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this thread really sucks because of the lack of embeds. how the gently caress am i supposed to remember what's what

that said i laughed at these two

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

my homie dhall posted:

pretty sure it means "someone who is operating on a lower irony level than I am" so if you're "online" that's basically everyone

people these days just can't handle a lil sincerity

reinforcing my thesis

how do you watch tiktoks without the app, do the links work i aint checking

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

this thread really sucks because of the lack of embeds. how the gently caress am i supposed to remember what's what

that said i laughed at these two

I don’t know if the lack of embeds are tiktoks fault or radiums fault.

Where do I direct my anger?!?!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Share Bear posted:

reinforcing my thesis

how do you watch tiktoks without the app, do the links work i aint checking

Even if you have the app, the links just open in the awful.app browser.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Maximum Leader posted:

it’s easy to blame tiktok for all this cringe garbage but they would just go somewhere if it didn’t exist

nope

most of it exists only because a platform for it has been made

if deplatforming works then platforming works

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

e: holy poo poo I did it!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol speaking of cringe my partners son called her “cringemum69”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

amazinging

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well here is how you embed tiktoks:

Find your tiktok, hit the share button and copy the url

Paste the url into https://www.tiktokdownloader.org and click the download button when it finishes doing its thing

It will give you a url ending in.mp4

Paste that url in the forum and surround it with [IMG] tags

One problem is I have no idea how long that site retains those videos, so maybe it will be gone tomorrow :iiam:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
ok i found a tiktok i like

https://www.tiktok.com/@bostonbeaman/video/6947087716903308549

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

here is every tiktok I posted so far

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they aren't embedding for me. i see the urls when i quote but your post is blank. maybe they are cached for you or something

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ah dammit.

Too good to be true

fuk u tiktok

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

this thread sucks and shouldnt be supported but im taking pity on your stupid rear end

img tag is for images and mp4s aren't goddamned images

awful app will embed videos using the img tag though even though the forums themselves dont work like that, idkwtf that behavior is all about but i see people trying to embed videos with the img tag all the time

and even then i checked this thread in awful app and while the videos embedded they didn't have controls or audio, moreover embedding fifty zillions videos sucks loving poo poo

if you have a video just paste in the url and the forums will take care of it all. usually, maybe, ymmv i am a non attorney spokesperson

here
https://www.tiktokdownloader.org/user_videos/69190875162.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok well here are the two i liked

https://www.tiktokdownloader.org/user_videos/32206980605.mp4

https://www.tiktokdownloader.org/user_videos/64240309690.mp4

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
if you have a good browser eg safari the embeds work fine sry bout ur lucks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

this thread sucks and shouldnt be supported but im taking pity on your stupid rear end

img tag is for images and mp4s aren't goddamned images

awful app will embed videos using the img tag though even though the forums themselves dont work like that, idkwtf that behavior is all about but i see people trying to embed videos with the img tag all the time

and even then i checked this thread in awful app and while the videos embedded they didn't have controls or audio, moreover embedding fifty zillions videos sucks loving poo poo

if you have a video just paste in the url and the forums will take care of it all. usually, maybe, ymmv i am a non attorney spokesperson

here
https://www.tiktokdownloader.org/user_videos/69190875162.mp4

Very rude and helpful

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

https://www.tiktokdownloader.org/user_videos/23913239828.mp4

#RelatableContent

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s my reaction when I see ur posts

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

this thread got a little bit better

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

although all those convenient embedded links crashed awful.app this thread sucks viva China

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

vine was good

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

wasn’t there a post on the internet a while back that proved tiktok is an enormous privacy honeypot

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

wasn’t there a post on the internet a while back that proved tiktok is an enormous privacy honeypot

probably but wasn't one of the main critiquers like the ceo of reddit

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

pretty much everyone shouting about how chinese internet companies are privacy/surveillence problems (outside china) are people already deeply invested in the american internet company privacy invasion/surveillence industry.

but otoh it is only like apple that has any real credibility in that area.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

One of the oddest things about TikTok culture is that the overwhelming majority of people experience it purely through the “For You” page, and the algorithm they use to determine what shows up is usually pretty good. However, it’s also so shrouded in mystery that you get a lot of meta-content like this trying to figure out ways to game it...

https://www.tiktokdownloader.org/user_videos/26095816168.mp4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LanceHunter posted:

One of the oddest things about TikTok culture is that the overwhelming majority of people experience it purely through the “For You” page, and the algorithm they use to determine what shows up is usually pretty good. However, it’s also so shrouded in mystery that you get a lot of meta-content like this trying to figure out ways to game it...

https://www.tiktokdownloader.org/user_videos/26095816168.mp4

The tiktok algorithm really is pretty drat good. Once it figured out that I’m really only there for goofy comedy and people who dunk on chuds, that’s basically all it shows me

loving Instagram on the other hand knows I clicked on one loving weird shuffle dancing video 18 months ago because gently caress you if you think I’m not gonna click on the #cripwalking hashtag and that’s literally all it suggests to me now, despite shuffle dancing NOT being crip walking and my personal feed being nothing but drone photography and my TL being mostly just my friends living their lives, none of which involves dancing of any sort.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The tiktok algorithm really is pretty drat good. Once it figured out that I’m really only there for goofy comedy and people who dunk on chuds, that’s basically all it shows me

loving Instagram on the other hand knows I clicked on one loving weird shuffle dancing video 18 months ago because gently caress you if you think I’m not gonna click on the #cripwalking hashtag and that’s literally all it suggests to me now, despite shuffle dancing NOT being crip walking and my personal feed being nothing but drone photography and my TL being mostly just my friends living their lives, none of which involves dancing of any sort.

ig is the social network i like mostly because i post about food and find other people doing cool stuff with food. unfortunately a few months back instagram decided i was a restaurant and completely cut off any reach on my posts. not saying i got a ton but it was cool to get comments and stuff from around the world as people post cool things they’re doing. this was pretty much overnight.

at the same time they started serving me food business ads almost exclusively and sending me emails that hardcore pushed signing up for an instagram business account so i could sponsor my posts and buy ads and poo poo.

i found the whole thing really frustrating. combine this with the recent changes that make it way more annoying to actually post content or check comments and stuff and i’ve mostly just stopped using it. lame.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh make no mistake, I agree that TikTok's algorithm is miles ahead of basically every other social media app out there. Part of that is no doubt because creators on the platform don't have a good grip on how to manipulate it, which leads to creators trying all kinds of weird stuff to juice their numbers. (Or, like, complaining that they are shadowbanned when they've just been releasing boring stuff that isn't catching on.)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/caitiedelaney/status/1385472451417501697?s=21

same. kinda. weirdly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh my god are you idiots actually signing up and logging into these sites?

how many fuckin logins yall got?

good LORD

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Jonny 290 posted:

oh my god are you idiots actually signing up and logging into these sites?

how many fuckin logins yall got?

good LORD

I keep it simple by just using my social security number as my password for everything.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

SO DEMANDING posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

if i wanted to watch tiktoks i would launch the app on my phone and view my fyp or my following