Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I bought this product, finished it, and bought the soundtrack. Bring it with me on most long trips. Highly recommend it for everyone. Please read this post in a heavy French Canadian accent if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

The narrator's VA is straight-up French, but he's from south-central France (Villeurbanne) rather than Paris so that makes his accent just that much different.

I figured that was his real voice as the narrator for the French non-game, and the regular narrator's voice was a fake accent for effect.

Don't mind the edit - call it an abundance of caution.

Nidoking fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 22, 2021

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I actually rather enjoyed the puzzle specifically referenced in the video, which I very rarely see pointed out was from The Secret of Monkey Island 2. To find a cave hidden behind a waterfall, Guybrush Threepwood (a name with a history of its own) has to turn off the pump supplying the water, and his tool of choice is a hypnotized monkey. It's not quite as great a leap of logic as it may seem, because of course one would use a monkey wrench to turn a bolt.

Also, these are all puzzles from Sierra games that people are talking about, when the aesthetic is clearly Lucasarts-inspired. Lucasarts liked to keep their interaction menu (icons or words) out in the open and hide it during cutscenes, while Sierra went from a text parser to icons hidden in a menu, to eliminating the icons entirely and just using a single left click for everything.

Or am I just standing on a porch, yelling at those darn kids to get off my lawn and stop pulling masks off criminals? Speaking of which, one of the most fascinating things about watching people play this part of the program is seeing people get very confused about how to refill the cone with snow. Most of them aren't old enough to have seen proper TV static - it's a black screen with "NO SIGNAL" now. And Game has the courtesy to point out that the rotary phone feels like a relic from the distant past, when that, too, was a very real thing that had to be phased out when automated phone menus came along and every commercial was reminding people to use a "touch-tone phone" when they called, because the rotary pulse dial signals wouldn't work. The telettrophone story is also a pretty fascinating read, and almost entirely not a joke made up for the setting.