Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh god. This is a great idea but I can't imagine being competent enough at the game to pull it off, good luck and godspeed :patriot:

CirclMastr posted:

I literally stopped playing MGSV after getting the dog because I knew it would never get better than that.

You gotta at least get to the point where you can try a CQC/doggo fulton only run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh my god that pink outfit :swoon:
A real emotional rollercoaster when I figured out I'd have to deal with FOB stuff to get it.

Also I hadn't thought about it before today, but there's no way to get night vision goggles in this run, right? I know enemies eventually start wearing them pretty commonly but I don't remember ever seeing them as loot or pickups.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

This is an interesting LP so far, though it is a bit of a cold open for people who aren't super-familiar with MGSV.

At heart, it's a story about burgers and betrayal.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That would never have happened if the pellets had not been propelled harder than normal due to the force of Snake's anger.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Instead of a path where you don't recruit Quiet, they should've made a path where you don't rescue that chucklefuck.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'll be honest, I've never had the heart to, uh, pull the trigger on that choice. I guess this is the run to do it if there ever was one :pressf:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Subsistence shenanigans aside, a lot of the music in this game rocks. The Afghanistan alert themes are so good, it's worth making the enemies suspicious just so it sounds like you're in an awesome John Carpenter film. And as much as I hate Huey, this is a real fun mission, I like the extended infiltration and extraction setup with a twist at the end.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I like that moment where Snake just yoinks a guard out of his guardtower, I don't think I've noticed that prompt before. Really, I love pretty much everything about CQC in this game, for a very basic QTE it really feels badass, especially compared to the awkward "huh huh HAH!" from the older games.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

drat these children and their size and agility! :argh:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/I1eqSxL.mp4
Yeah, it's a weirdly disappointing choice to make the buddies shift to slide off of you rather than flattening you like everything else. Just let me airdrop Quiet onto myself, Kojima!! :arghfist:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nalesh posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Reckless

Horses don't give a poo poo after a while, they only take fingers.

quote:

The second time the gun fired she merely snorted, and by the end of the mission that day appeared calm and was seen trying to eat a discarded helmet liner.

The world's greatest animal soldier

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Summarily execute all unsanitary staff imo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What weapons customization mod was that? My life is going to be incomplete if I can't slap a stock and scope on the squirtgun :sweatdrop:

e: also it's criminal that D-Dog's visor is the lowest level outfit that's immediately replaced the instant you upgrade it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I can't believe how many people are angry at Snake for wearing the appropriate color of safety gear as specified by OSHA for all on-site procurement efforts, smh :rip:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm weirdly entertained by the idea of Snake shooting guards and then being all "OOGGHH UGGHHH AAARRRGH! That's what you sound like!!" as they lie there bleeding out, before recruiting them to his friendsquad anyway

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Cameras are way more competent and annoying villains than Skull Face ever was :negative:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man, the Kid Liquid fight is just bizarrely fun, I think it's the best use of CQC/QTEs in the game. And of course it's all the more fun because you're racing around chasing a small child to clown on them. It's also one of my favorite bits you can skip with foreknowledge, you can just sit around from a ways away and send in a rocket puuuunch from way outside detection range :v:

And yeah, since it came up, that bit about Ocelot hypnotizing himself really doesn't sit well with me. On a second playthrough there's so many lines of dialogue that seem really clearly set up to have Ocelot be the only one in the know all along, I have to think they got cold feet on that pretty late in production for some reason. Either way, I think it makes the story worse, and my mind subconsciously tries to forget it every time I'm reminded of it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man I wish there were cryptids. Just imagine bionic punching a Bigfoot and sending it home to your brand new Cryptid Platform :hellyeah:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hel posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks it's good that they didn't put the ending into the game, from what I've seen it would just have been bad and cutting down on the child soldier and Liquid stuff is just good. You really don't need to do the Star Wars thing of over-explaining every character's back story.

Think of the missed opportunity we could've had though, I would sell my soul for another chance to repeatedly clown on Lil' Liquid :arghfist::smith:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've seen a badass "Skulls taken down via CQC-only" video, I'm sure the next episode will go perfectly fine :madmax:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Just Winging It posted:

Would I watch a bare chested, blood-soaked man in pink pants fight weird zombie dudes in hand-to-hand combat for almost an hour? Yes, that was loving intense.

This is probably the greatest possible five-second sales pitch for MGSV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I am legitimately impressed, I rarely last more than a few minutes here even coming in with crazy OP equipment, never mind lasting for an hour-long marathon when things head south.
It really is a shame how they handled CQC here. Snake slapping machetes aside is probably the coolest counter in the game, it really sucks that that turns into 40 minutes of taking down the Skulls' health bars a pixel at a time rather than being the badass way to take them out quickly.