Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
what are we gonna find out about Ma'Khia that the CHUDosphere will talk about until the end of time to make sure we know she's no angel

she plagiarized a book report in third grade? she accidentally stepped on a cat's tail when she was 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Low Desert Punk posted:

what are we gonna find out about Ma'Khia that the CHUDosphere will talk about until the end of time to make sure we know she's no angel

she plagiarized a book report in third grade? she accidentally stepped on a cat's tail when she was 10?

They've already got their poo poo, it's "she was going to stab that girl seventeen times in a fraction of a second"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SchnorkIes posted:

My wife told me that any liberal hooting "good shoot" and theorycrafting is such a weird hosed up specific type of guy that if I'm encountering them online I shouldn't be on whatever site it is

drat. wisdom.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
the cop should've waited a minute imo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Josh Christ posted:

They've already got their poo poo, it's "she was going to stab that girl seventeen times in a fraction of a second"

Isn't that what the liberals are-

Oh. Ohhhhhhh...!

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

Isn't that what the liberals are-

Oh. Ohhhhhhh...!

Scratch a liberal, and then keep scratching, untold the blood loss does them in

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i remember seeing a video of a black kid holding what was obviously a toy gun, his arms were limp and he was looking at something.. his friends playing, maybe? completely passive in any case

cop drives up and immediately empties his mag in the kid's back as soon as he steps out of the cruiser without uttering a word

kid was never aware of his murderer's presence

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I think you'll find officer porkins only had a picosecond to tactically ascertain the threat before performing a long range kinetic neutralization

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

hahahaha unbelievable entirely believable lmao

my local SRA chapter is good ie MLs who make fun of demsocs but I really get the impression the org as a whole and most chapters are essentially DSA with guns, or worse anarchists with guns. so no surprise to see their reddit full of bootlickers

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
it's possible to think that cop acted like a violent psychopath and think they dead girl was stabby without doing any mental gymnastics. It's not a case to push for awareness or activism since probably 80% of the us population fully approves of this particularly extrajudicial murder

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

In an ideal society (china) we'd have a social credit system that removes your right to running water for going online to defend the cops side of a murder of a child with a knife

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Also cooler, hotter cops come to your home and shoot you

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think that if I was offered a job making 100k plus a year with overtime, full pension and benefits, and issued a baton and body armor, I would gladly go around non lethally disarming teenage girls. Statistically it's a lot less dangerous than what I do now. (Transportation industry).

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josh Christ posted:

she had 3 bars and was about to perform a devastating super move

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i hate when are boys in blue have to resort to violence to protect themselves from BLM assassins wielding hanzo steel

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

if i was a cop, and i felt the need to reach for my gun, i would simply put the gun in my mouth and blow my brains out

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

if i was a cop, and i felt the need to reach for my gun, i would simply put the gun in my mouth and blow my brains out

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
posted this in the cool zone but that was before i found out this thread is here:

apparently the people who were harassing Ma'Khia Bryant weren't teenagers but grown-assed adults. i'm trying to find some confirmation.

i used to be morally perplexed on why i didn't feel pity for the woman Ma'Khia was pushing away, but if it turns out to be true it'll be a seething, burning contempt -- she was there because she wanted to see a girl getting hurt and boy howdy did she ever loving get what she wanted.

gently caress bullies, gently caress cops (but i repeat myself)

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

oxsnard posted:

it's possible to think that cop acted like a violent psychopath and think they dead girl was stabby without doing any mental gymnastics. It's not a case to push for awareness or activism since probably 80% of the us population fully approves of this particularly extrajudicial murder

weird how dumbasses like you insist you're very concerned about the cop's actions but still feel the need to obsessively post across several threads about how much of a danger the person who was murdered presented and how caring about this is a bad look for activists

very mysterious

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Shooting Ma'Khia was wrong and anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Proletarian Mango posted:

Seems pretty simple to me

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Happiness posted:

weird how dumbasses like you insist you're very concerned about the cop's actions but still feel the need to obsessively post across several threads about how much of a danger the person who was murdered presented and how caring about this is a bad look for activists

very mysterious

no the point is that if you treat every cop murder like it's George Floyd, the message is lost. imo

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

I don't think anyone was saying otherwise though

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

oxsnard posted:

no the point is that if you treat every cop murder like it's George Floyd, the message is lost. imo

The message of not murdering is lost because the murder wasn't murdery enough

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

oxsnard posted:

"bad" victims are still victims of equal importance

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
right, no disagreement here, but here's the difference: chauvin slowly and deliberately murdered someone who was already cuffed and subdued. This distinction absolutely matters to normies

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

oxsnard is right in that Americans automatically think that if a cop shoots someone it’s totally justified (as opposed to choking them out etc) because we’re a demon cracker nation of psychopath bootlickers

see: every dnd lib jerking themselves off to completion about how the hero cop did a GOOD SHOOT because he only had one nanosecond to deal with a crazed, knife-wielding rampaging berserker (who happened to be a young black child, purely by coincidence. totally unrelated. don’t bring this up or you’ll eat a probe)

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

the dying for bushes oil profits comic but it's dying for racial justice or whatever pelosis bullshit said

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

Except they're all murder

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The point is the police shouldn't be allowed to murder anyone, not "only murder people that the public will agree with you murdering"

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010
the 911 call came in at 4:32 and the cops weren’t there until 4:44. assuming the call was about Ma’Khia trying to stab someone, we have to believe that unarmed people avoided murderous knife attacks for 10 minutes until the cops came and it became suddenly life or death in 10 seconds?

I mean, gently caress, even if she said out loud “I fully intend to murder someone,” still no excuse to gun down a 16yr old girl.

no confirmed info on who made the initial call yet right?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

Seems pretty simple to me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oxsnard posted:

what is the message we're losing, because "cops murdering people is bad" seems to be at the center of both cases

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Yinlock posted:

what is the message we're losing, because "cops murdering people is bad" seems to be at the center of both cases

it's ok for cops to murder like this but wrong for cops to murder like this

cops murdering people is loving wrong idiots

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

cops use handguns

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where two teachers watch three kids beat the poo poo out of each other for ten minutes with no deescalation attempts on their part that doesn't end with them getting fired lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Chillgamesh posted:

I'm just trying to imagine a scenario where two teachers watch three kids beating the poo poo out of each other for ten minutes with no deescalation attempts on their part that doesn't end with them getting fired lol

teachers are there to babysit children while their parents toil away for the gains of capital

cops are there to carry out the monopoly of state force on the population when they move against capital

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 236 days!

oxsnard posted:

right, no disagreement here, but here's the difference: chauvin slowly and deliberately murdered someone who was already cuffed and subdued. This distinction absolutely matters to normies

and you'll be right there making sure the difference is clear to as many people as possible, you dishonest prick

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t believe the state should have the power to murder people but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/StruggleVaush/status/1385943707413745664?s=20