Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Caidin posted:

I played it for 47 hours and think it's a pretty cool if flawed game, friends.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

jkyuusai posted:

What's interesting is how much of a deal they made out of delaying the game bc they weren't satisfied with the quality and it still came out in the state it did. The interviews indicate that the delay started as taking extra time to polish, but then the director decided to add several much more complex systems. I'm guessing they had some significant scope creep that ballooned the complexity of the game and whatever polish work they tried to do got obliterated under the weight of all the added systems that clearly never got the refinements they needed. Basically they got greedy and the game has suffered for it.

I'm not really sure what you mean because to me the "state" of the game is totally fine. I haven't had a single visual bug much less anything that effected the game or my enjoyment of it. The graphics are probably not the highest level they could possibly be but they are more than enough still.

I would call it a very acceptably finished game. This isn't a cyberpunk 2077 situation at all, at least for me the game has performed pretty much flawlessly.

It's definitely not your average game, but I feel like that's why some people are gravitating towards it and others seem to really hate it. For my money there are definitely things I do not like about the game but as a whole package it's a 4/5 at least because I like the good stuff so much.

e: Question, what stat do you guys have the highest right now? I've put a shitton of points into luck, because not only does it raise your damage by increasing crit rate (I'm above +40% crit rate lol) but it also raises the quality of your gear or so I understand. And it has the double bonus of not making me too powerful in any other way, like I want to keep my vitality, strength and intellect not too high so I don't do too much damage and the fights get more interesting.

Play fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 1, 2021

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How am I supposed to free the drat pods for mounts that are stuck in those bushes?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grem posted:

How am I supposed to free the drat pods for mounts that are stuck in those bushes?

Run at them from the correct side and press b to slide under? Those ones?

I found one of those in the archipelago region but then I didn't know what to do with it or where to go or if I even got anything in the first place.

jkyuusai
Jun 26, 2008

homegrown man milk

Play posted:

I'm not really sure what you mean because to me the "state" of the game is totally fine. I haven't had a single visual bug much less anything that effected the game or my enjoyment of it. The graphics are probably not the highest level they could possibly be but they are more than enough still.

First, I haven't played it, so I'm just going off the collective impression of pro reviews and all the feedback present in this thread. I'm not talking about bugs, but how the game feels to play. It sounds pretty unbalanced. There's been repeated mentions of multiple weapons and abilities that just seem to be straight up non-viable. For them to make a big deal about wanting to release a polished product and delay nearly two years to do so, it's a striking thing.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Grem posted:

You should be able to slide under them if you move towards them and dodge. I did run into a bug where the first bush introduced (with a quest and everything) just outright doesn't work, so that might be your problem.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I had no idea you could slide, lol thanks!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Yea it literally does teach you this, but I think the dodge only initiates a slide from one direction on the bush.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grem posted:

I had no idea you could slide, lol thanks!

You can only slide under those particular bushes lol, any other time it is a standard dodge. Which I gotta say is a unique choice

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They released a patch and it's surprisingly comprehensive. Lots of good tweaks and improvements.
You can now do that dodge slide between the legs of titans (I think they are the huge miniboss enemies you see quite a lot of?).

It was probably in progress before launch but hopefully a good sign.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
https://steamcommunity.com/games/597820/announcements/detail/3033716901078398114

full patch notes there - it's... a lot. Definitely nerfed the hell out of ranged combat/Sharpshooter while giving melee a small but significant buff. Still no real love for psi powers, but they've always felt like a side dish rather than a fully-realized third damage path. Hopefully a sign that they're going to continue working hard on this game as it addresses almost every major complaint I heard repeatedly leveled against the game, at least the ones that wouldn't involve making it an essentially different game.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

here are the patch notes:

https://twitter.com/Biomutant/status/1399841726953574405

thats a pretty big balance patch. Looks like deadeye and crits got nerfed, but they also fixed a ton of bad-looking bugs

*edit they also changed how the narrator works:

● Reduced the amount of gibberish spoken before the Narrator starts translating.
● Added dialogue setting toggles for “Gibberish” and “Narrator” allowing players to select if they want to hear the narrator, the gibberish or both when talking to NPCs.

that seems pretty great. Wonder how it works with just gibberish?

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 1, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

here are the patch notes:

https://twitter.com/Biomutant/status/1399841726953574405

thats a pretty big balance patch. Looks like deadeye and crits got nerfed, but they also fixed a ton of bad-looking bugs

nooooo not my crits!! (at least crit applies to abilities now, that's cool)

They did add a new difficulty, "extreme" (lol) which I will definitely be trying next time I play

They also:

quote:

● Fixed resistance stats not being applied for crafted gear when adding addons.

...which someone brought up in the thread earlier.

Good patch afaict.

Finally, I had a question to ask you fine folks: is it true that after taking two outposts you can choose to skip the rest of them and unite the tribes right there? Did you do that or did you conquer all the outposts?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Play posted:

I also had a question to ask you fine folks: is it true that after taking two outposts you can choose to skip the rest of them and unite the tribes right there? Did you do that or did you conquer all the outposts?

Yes, it's true and, frankly, after taking that option, I recommend against it. While the sieges are definitely pretty repetitive, you at least get to meet and interact with the various clan bosses. Skipping it means all of the NPCs of those clans are replaced by your loyalty clan (Hail Jagni!) AND, more importantly, you CANNOT get the clan weapons of any clans you skip. To me, that's a huge bummer and something the game should call out before giving you that choice, but hey, I'm barely using the three I have at this point anyhow. Ah well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Memnaelar posted:

Yes, it's true and, frankly, after taking that option, I recommend against it. While the sieges are definitely pretty repetitive, you at least get to meet and interact with the various clan bosses. Skipping it means all of the NPCs of those clans are replaced by your loyalty clan (Hail Jagni!) AND, more importantly, you CANNOT get the clan weapons of any clans you skip. To me, that's a huge bummer and something the game should call out before giving you that choice, but hey, I'm barely using the three I have at this point anyhow. Ah well.

Thank you! Exactly the information I was looking for. I was already planning to probably not do it but this seals it, don't want to take content away for no reason and they can be kinda fun. Haven't found a tribe weapon that I really want to use so far but that's still a pretty good reward.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I skipped but I wouldn't again.

In fact I might start a new game because doing so essentially deletes the tribes from the game, thus reducing the amount of enemy types.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

one strange thing about this game is that the opening CG video shows your character's arm changing due to some mutation liquid stuff but when you have flashbacks, your arm is already mutated

sloppy

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think you'll find that time moves in circles.

Patch is good. Started a new dark-aligned game to do full conquest, starting with Merc.

I didn't know everyone got access to Psi powers.
I though there would be more differences in the classes...

Also, I can't stress how important it is to make a dude that's good to look at. My first was a dipshit looking walking overbite but this second one is a teal and pink badass

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 2, 2021

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

quote:

New Game+

● Opened up all class perks for NG+ games. When starting an NG+ game, the player will now be able to unlock perks from all classes.

pretty cool update

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Inzombiac posted:

Patch is good. Started a new dark-aligned game to do full conquest, starting with Merc.

I didn't know everyone got access to Psi powers.
I though there would be more differences in the classes...

Also, I can't stress how important it is to make a dude that's good to look at. My first was a dipshit looking walking overbite but this second one is a teal and pink badass

It's not *that* important. There are ways to unlock changing your appearance without changing your stats, not that the base stats really matter when every level unlocks a +10.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Memnaelar posted:

It's not *that* important. There are ways to unlock changing your appearance without changing your stats, not that the base stats really matter when every level unlocks a +10.

That's just body shape, though, not pattern or color right?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Inzombiac posted:

That's just body shape, though, not pattern or color right?

Ah, I think you're right about that.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think I used a bio pool once and it turned my cool red and black grody arm to splotchy banana yellow. I was displeased.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

Play posted:

They also:
Fixed resistance stats not being applied for crafted gear when adding addons.
...which someone brought up in the thread earlier.

Good patch afaict.

Patch good indeed.

Loaded game this morning to check and my pants now resist fire like all proper pants should. No one's going to be able to call me a liar from now on, no siree. I've got pants that are literally incapable of being on fire.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Inzombiac posted:

Ka is a wheel

So does 1h melee hold up against dual wield at all? What abt 2h/unarmed? If Im doing a melee char do i just go straight to dw?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

black.lion posted:

Ka is a wheel

Ka? Kaka.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

AirRaid posted:

Ka? Kaka.

Brazilian legend him

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I will have to put in some time on this patch.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this patch looks excellent, hope it comes to consoles soon. I added the full patch notes to the op.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

black.lion posted:

Ka is a wheel

So does 1h melee hold up against dual wield at all? What abt 2h/unarmed? If Im doing a melee char do i just go straight to dw?

I like the combat arts for 1H more but yeah Dual seems like it is going to out DPS it all the time; unlike dual pistols that tanks your ROF.
2H Crush (which all crush weapons are, right?) is still my favorite. Lots of twirls and stuns is good fun.

My second character is already at the point my first was in 1/3rd of the time. I'm skipping load of dialog but overall the pace is much better. I discovered that the mushroom power is quite good. Set down one and then a second a few yards away. Any small enemy caught on one will bounce between the two.
Been trying to play more like DMC by using all the tools each fight and it feels way better. It might not be optimal DPS but as they say, you're only bored because you're boring.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

black.lion posted:

Ka is a wheel

My favorites, just based on feel, are one handed dual wields and two handed slash weapons. Crush is just too slow for my taste but I'm sure some love it.

Inzombiac posted:

I like the combat arts for 1H more but yeah Dual seems like it is going to out DPS it all the time; unlike dual pistols that tanks your ROF.
2H Crush (which all crush weapons are, right?) is still my favorite. Lots of twirls and stuns is good fun.

My second character is already at the point my first was in 1/3rd of the time. I'm skipping load of dialog but overall the pace is much better. I discovered that the mushroom power is quite good. Set down one and then a second a few yards away. Any small enemy caught on one will bounce between the two.
Been trying to play more like DMC by using all the tools each fight and it feels way better. It might not be optimal DPS but as they say, you're only bored because you're boring.

Yeah dual pistols seems straight up broken. I put a stronger ranged weapon in the second hand and my DPS went down by a huge margin.

And agreed that even though the game should properly incentivize people to use all the available techniques, it's worth it to just push yourself to do that. Combat becomes way more fun when you're freestyling and doing all kinds of stuff, building up Super Wung Fu all the time, launching dudes into the air, using powers, etc.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just wish there were more Unarmed options. Super weird that you can't craft gloves.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I just wish there were more Unarmed options. Super weird that you can't craft gloves.

There are some perks for unarmed combat, and I assume it is just about the fastest strikes of any other "weapon"

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I may have to try dual wield pistols on my Deadeye, now that Sharpshooter got nerf-batted. I never even bothered up until level 27, where I'm at right now, because the non-auto rifles were so freaking strong, but I'm curious to see how dual wield feels and have a ton of legendary pieces hanging around on my high-luck character. I'm glad the nerf happened -- incentivizing trying more builds is a good thing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Memnaelar posted:

I may have to try dual wield pistols on my Deadeye, now that Sharpshooter got nerf-batted. I never even bothered up until level 27, where I'm at right now, because the non-auto rifles were so freaking strong, but I'm curious to see how dual wield feels and have a ton of legendary pieces hanging around on my high-luck character. I'm glad the nerf happened -- incentivizing trying more builds is a good thing.

For me it reduced my DPS drastically even though the gun I was adding was stronger than the original one, since it really curbs the speed of firing. Plus the second gun shot sawblades instead of bullets with a different flight pattern which made it hard to use them both effectively at the same time.

I'm not really sure how it works, but it almost seemed like one of my guns is an auto rifle when used normally with both arms and a pistol when used with dual wield (it doesn't have a stock). I think they are even labeled that way, although it's possible I got two different ones mixed up. I'll have to double check what's going on there. Either way the firing characteristics of the weapons change drastically when you dual wield.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Play posted:

Plus the second gun shot sawblades instead of bullets

:eyepop:
I want to see the one handed Crane Dance (where you fan your pistol) with sawblades

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

:eyepop:
I want to see the one handed Crane Dance (where you fan your pistol) with sawblades

I have this machine gun and it's pretty good up close. Also it seems I am unable to mod said pistol for some reason.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Play posted:

There are some perks for unarmed combat, and I assume it is just about the fastest strikes of any other "weapon"

Also the special attack makes you invincible for a few seconds.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alright, I just blasted the hell out of all the tribes as max dark Jagni tribe.
I just now realized that all the leaders were in your village. They're the bullies and others in the flashbacks, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
The game doesn't try to hide that fact? One of the early dialogues indicates the leaders of the tribes were disciples of your Mooma.