Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I am enjoying the positive updates!

Some part of me will definitely miss the horrifying reveals as they taper off, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Good job Jeffery, glad to see things are positive in your business just as capitalism intended

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Thank you for the update and the work you do, Jeffrey, astral and other folks.

I like dark mode on my desktop, looks good!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Bloop posted:

I am enjoying the positive updates!

Some part of me will definitely miss the horrifying reveals as they taper off, though

Is it even really Something Awful if we're not hurtling off a cliff on a raft made of duct tape and prayer? :thunkher:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
It's weird to see people actually follow-through with things for this site.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Great work! It's nice to see good things happen with these forums.

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...
This place surviving (and thriving) makes me happy. Thanks! Subscribed to the Patreon.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

:worship: for the dark mode. no more screen burn tears

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Hot diggity.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
oh wow dark mode is amazing - thanks Jeff and LAB!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

dark mode is relaxing.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I can finally update my dark mode thread.

gently caress yes. I’m happy...

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

astral posted:

This will involve an easter egg hunt as we migrate all of radium's little cron scripts over, but thankfully Jeffrey already has a good handle on where these live.

There are only three certain things in life: Death, taxes, and radium code loving things.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Looking good, thanks for the dark mode imp zone background as well

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
This is good.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Holy poo poo dark mode

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Who knew it would only take someone shockingly competent to turn the forums into something people would actually enjoy?

This is like going from Trump to Biden - sure, he's not exciting or flashy or whatever but at least you know he's doing the job and not sitting around in an expensive rear end car and eating $60 cookies and drinking magosteen while screaming into a live youtube channeltweeting all day every day

Thanks for the update! I appreciate the transparency :)

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

Hail Jeffery. Hail Satan.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Dark mode is my new fetish. Every poster just looks so sexy to me right now...hmmmmmmmm yes

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
load-bearing no-backup jobs

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Holy poo poo, dark mode. Suck it, Stylish, your dark mode sucked anyway. This one is much better, and this one doesn't interfere with SALR. Hail satan

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Steadiman posted:

Dark mode is my new fetish. Every poster just looks so sexy to me right now...hmmmmmmmm yes

Hello, sailor.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
I dunno, these forum finances look a little too reasonable. Are you sure you're buying enough cookies?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Mackieman posted:

Hello, sailor.

Oh you look sooooo good to me right now

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Hello darkness, my old friend...

Looking fine for a 20ish year old forums.

edit: Oh no. My gang tag looks rubbish in dark mode.
Who could have foreseen these advances in forum technology?

Wiggy Marie
Jan 16, 2006

Meep!
Thanks for all of this awesome work and a legit Patreon, finally.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Oh I almost forgot - one last thing. Not all the changes we've been working on have been under the hood. After so much time, I am super excited to announce DARK MODE. LITERALLY A BIRD and I have been working like crazy on this and we hope you enjoy it! Being such a long-awaited feature, we didn't want to half-rear end or disappoint - thought and effort were put into every page, and we hope it shows. You can turn it on here in your forum options. Let us know what you think and see known issues, here in this feedback thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965797

thanks for dork mode!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I just turned on dark mode and whoa ho ho this is an entirely new experience! It's like I'm on a brand new website!!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
dark mode is good thank you

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I do believe the forums deserve statehood.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Just wanted to give props to whoever did the dark mode, it's really good and it puts the dark mode addons I've used in the past to shame

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

You have offsite backups, right? Not just a local one? "3-2-1 rule"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

delete the politics forums.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I'm so glad the forums are under competent ownership now and actually interested in growing and maintaining the community for the sake of the community rather than using it as a cash cow.

I often criticise hollywood movies because the good guys always win, but I'm glad to see it happen in real life for once.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i am enjoying dark mode!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hot drat, dark mode rules :cheers:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rarity posted:

Is it even really Something Awful if we're not hurtling off a cliff on a raft made of duct tape and prayer? :thunkher:

Don't forget the load bea-

Neophyte posted:

load-bearing no-backup jobs

gently caress.

Awesome to see this progress. Perhaps one day my horrible dream of the forums having a shitposting API for the mobile clients instead of screen scraping will happen, saving the forums upwards of tens of dollars!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Kitchner posted:

I'm so glad the forums are under competent ownership now and actually interested in growing and maintaining the community for the sake of the community rather than using it as a cash cow

I remember a post about "oh please god buy from the store revenue is down 90% pleaaaaaaase". It blows my mind how misleading that was.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i like the changes but i have one issue to report, it seems there has been a mistake and someone forgot to make me a mod, can one of the admins look into that please? TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The official dark mode is so much better than our previous options. In summary,

Nessus posted:

Dark mode has changed my life. I will now uphold Bird Thought with Jeffreyist characteristics. Thanks for your work!