Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Imagine that, an options page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Posting in Dark Mode like a Space Age Hackerman.

Thanks Jeff and Astral!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nooner posted:

i like the changes but i have one issue to report, it seems there has been a mistake and someone forgot to make me a mod, can one of the admins look into that please? TIA

I agree, someone should mod Nooner, and also make some donations to Nooner's patreon.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Why a patreon instead of something on forum? IDK how big their cut is but they’re also made to charge VAT in the uk for some stupid reason.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

astral posted:

Everyone, thank you again for bearing with us during the various site maintenances of the last week or so. You might not be surprised to learn that there were some missing pieces in SA's infrastructure. Perhaps most appallingly among those, there had not been a database replica server running for several years. Further, if the site had a backup process in place before, it must have lived on that missing replica; there did not seem to be anything configured. You read that correctly—for many years, these forums were one malformed shell command, bad SQL query, or hardware failure away from vanishing in a puff of magic smoke.

loving lmao

Thanks for your work to make this site better

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks so much for the enhancements!

Just a minor nitpick regarding the announcement for server moving on April 25 2021: CDT is GMT -5, not GMT -6.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Dark mode looks very nice. Would rather have some elements be ever so slightly darker, but it's nice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

marumaru posted:

Dark mode looks very nice. Would rather have some elements be ever so slightly darker, but it's nice.

Dark Mode's pretty nice, but I'm not too sure on the text hue. I think maybe it could stand to be a few shades brighter, as it's offsetting blue and gray doesn't contrast as cleanly imo.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I do miss the satisfying yellow goodness of being quoted. Fortunately I don't get quoted often so I won't have to miss it too much. Worth it

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Steadiman posted:

I do miss the satisfying yellow goodness of being quoted.

I'm really digging the Dark mode option but could this be looked into please?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Steadiman posted:

I do miss the satisfying yellow goodness of being quoted. Fortunately I don't get quoted often so I won't have to miss it too much. Worth it

uh yeah seeing the yellow is a critical part of my mental health, need to get this going w/ dark mode ASAP

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Quotey posted:

Why a patreon instead of something on forum? IDK how big their cut is but they’re also made to charge VAT in the uk for some stupid reason.

Let me introduce you to the joy that is storing payment details: https://blog.revelsystems.com/blog/2020/08/11/blog-what-is-pci-compliance

Paying someone else to handle it is usually worth the money.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Keep up the work big Ned, you're doing super.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

Thanks to the official dark mode I can finally uninstall Stylus

loving SAME

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mozi posted:

uh yeah seeing the yellow is a critical part of my mental health, need to get this going w/ dark mode ASAP

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
jeffrey now you have to join the official patreon discord and suffer along with me. it is hosed up

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
It'd be good to get some fresh Goons on the forums, if there's any budget for getting the word out about SA. Even the internet young uns would surely appreciate SA's unique environment.

Also, great job on saving the site.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Are there any plans to allow users to deactivate forum specific stylesheets?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

LLCoolJD posted:

It'd be good to get some fresh Goons on the forums, if there's any budget for getting the word out about SA. Even the internet young uns would surely appreciate SA's unique environment.

Also, great job on saving the site.

Goons on Tiktok

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

ColdPie posted:

Let me introduce you to the joy that is storing payment details: https://blog.revelsystems.com/blog/2020/08/11/blog-what-is-pci-compliance

Paying someone else to handle it is usually worth the money.

Doesn't SA already do this though (or farm it out to whoever)? Oh, I guess it's different if you're charging every month, I seee

still bitter about patreon VAT. where's the value added?!?!?! (PCI compliance apparently)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Thanks for the info Jeffrey!

And thanks for fixing up all the horrifying database things astral :gonk:

I'm very interested to see what happens when the front page gets up and running again. Maybe this place will actually attract new membership? Wouldn't that be something awful :v:.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Did they change the font? I swear the font is different. Anyone?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I got so used to browsing on the Awful App that using the forum on an actual computer became unbearable so thanks for dark mode.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Dark mode feedback:

Its good, probably needs a little more delineation between posts (possibly the two background colors are too similar).

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I'd like to post in this thread to say:

Dark Mode

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Posting in our new dark universe

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Thanku for yr service

*presses F*

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jeff please I need to know when people quote me in dark mode.

I refuse to read.

I just need the colors

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ventral EggSac posted:

I'd like to post in this thread to say:

Dark Mode

ALL YOUR POSTS ARE MORE LIKE DORK MODE!!!!!

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

i had not read these forums in many years and recently started again and it's great thanks for not killing everything

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Really pleased with how you've been handling things, keep it up!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
cool update, welcome back LITERALLY A BIRD

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Like, a lot of this is barely dark at all

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

With the patreon money can we bring back Waffle Images? Or anything other than Imgur because Imgur sucks poo poo now.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Humerus posted:

With the patreon money can we bring back Waffle Images? Or anything other than Imgur because Imgur sucks poo poo now.

Pomf code is open source and therefore free*. Just call it Goonf or something

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I haven't opened the forums options page since I regged lol, I forgot it was even there.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

astral posted:

Further, if the site had a backup process in place before, it must have lived on that missing replica; there did not seem to be anything configured. You read that correctly—for many years, these forums were one malformed shell command, bad SQL query, or hardware failure away from vanishing in a puff of magic smoke.

:gonk:

God drat. Thank you for untangling this mess.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

marumaru posted:

Like, a lot of this is barely dark at all

I dunno, that skull looks pretty dark and grim to me. scary stuff

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Nooner posted:

ALL YOUR POSTS ARE MORE LIKE DORK MODE!!!!!

You're making me Dark Mad!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Steadiman posted:

I dunno, that skull looks pretty dark and grim to me. scary stuff

that goose's feathers are entirely too bright for my sensitive eyes, however