Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
can you put a mode toggle somewhere like maybe under the forums nav dropdown at the bottom of the page or something? it's v tedious to change mode by going through the control panel on mobile and my geriatric eyeballs cannot discern anything while outside of my cave habitat

also include extra modes for powerusers like darkroom mode or hot dog mode

also dark mode fucks up so many smiles and tags lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i still think there should be a breaking news chyron that just shows the first few hundred characters of the most recent post in any forum with absolutely no context whatsoever.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

What plans do the forums have for moving towards a 4-day posting week?

Also can they be more dead and/or gay?

The deadness and gayness of the forums are strictly interrelated and so if you lower deadness by adding new users or even additional posts it is inevitable that the forums must become more gay to compensate.

I for one welcome our new homoerotic overlords

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Kins posted:

They still have their API so you can upload poo poo via ShareX on desktop (or probably like 20 different mobile apps) and hotlink it here without ever having to so much as see their website. If they start putting the screws on that, then yeah, it's a good time to panic.

yeah i was gonna say even the program i use to make xcom clips is able to hook in and upload them anonymously, and then vomit back the url i need to post

there is a weird situation where doing it through that can sometimes produce urls like ABCD123h.gifv and there is a set of terminating characters that form thumbnails, lowercase h is for huge and if you don't manually cut that one off it won't load when you go to preview posts. Also it seems to arbitrarily fail for no known reason sometimes? It gives an error in programmer speak that I can't understand.

it's not super optimal because it's still a host that's not by goons for goons™ or whatever and they could go out of business or something, but I think it should be completely possible for you to be able to click "insert pic" and your browser asks for the file, and then it uploads it to imgur for you, and then it loads the url into the post. I know this kind of stuff already works on other forums but not the details of how it works :shrug:. I think there are other hosts that let you do the same thing.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone actually proposed a literal Goon Senate to solve "the Problem of Lowtax" and was 100% not joking serious about it.

Goons.

why stop there the forums llc should be owned by the users we all payed tenbux to gain shares where's my loving derivatives and

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Who What Now posted:

What kind of moron would make this person a mod?!

a fuckig idion

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i also was like like goddamn it got me good the mods got me again probably for something stupid like the cursed thread

...wait poo poo what the hell?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
have i been drunkposting or is the forums post reactor losing core stability? who can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
always remember to preheat your cache in cold server environemtns