Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quote:

You might not be surprised to learn that there were some missing pieces in SA's infrastructure. Perhaps most appallingly among those, there had not been a database replica server running for several years. Further, if the site had a backup process in place before, it must have lived on that missing replica; there did not seem to be anything configured. You read that correctly—for many years, these forums were one malformed shell command, bad SQL query, or hardware failure away from vanishing in a puff of magic smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dante posted:

Thanks for taking on the task of stewarding these forums into a new and better era. Even after the lowtax implosion I was skeptical that it could be turned around, but the forums are making great strides I think. I don't have anyone in particular in mind, but I hope that there's some process of reversing the bans of the many posters that got hit with lowtax grudge bans and other dumb things like that (while keeping the terrible people out).

This has been going on, pm a mod or admin if you think someone has been missed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone actually proposed a literal Goon Senate to solve "the Problem of Lowtax" and was 100% not joking serious about it.

Goons.

Please find that post I wish to lol at it anew

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Julias posted:

The Fyaderalist Papers Volume 41

Yisss

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rounding up votes to get cloture on a motion of censure for that post