Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ratjaculation posted:

Make Awful app official and add store features to it using Google Pay/Apple Pay

Wait is this a suggestions thread?

Also, make this goon a mod

I think the Awful App people are their own team, and I believe not even mods or admins on the forums themselves? I don't know how they would feel about such a proposal.

Also, missed that link being posted, it's been ages since somebody did that in a thread I was reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ambaire posted:

I was randomly messing around with the perpage url tag just now, and found out that I can set any number from 1 to 40 (31 posts per page? no problem. 1 post per page? also works.), but it ignores anything over 40. Why is that?

As an aside, with less than 40, it's hilarious seeing posts talking about 'page sniping' halfway down the page. I've never understood why some goons feel those posts are extra special.

Let's say some goons are discussing something, and the last post on the previous page was a very thoroughly thought out post about how to best cultivate chilis at home, which sort were the best under which circumstances, what to do about aphids munching on your plants, etc. Then the next post, first on the new page, is "I don't like chilis". That's a terrible page snipe, and it's right to point out to folks that if they somehow landed on the next page without seeing the previous page's post, they ought to go back and read it.

Or it's an LP and the update was the 40th post, or the big movie review, or the thoughtful legal advice, or whatever. I think it's good to draw attention to those posts, to mention the page snipe if the circumstances warrant it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It's a brave new world, with feedback leading to quick changes like the being-quoted-color going from blue to purple in about a week. Not sure I can cope with caring site owners!