Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Hi, I've never seen this series of books mentioned here but I figure GBS could help me decide which Russian Criminal Tattoo to get before the summer starts and I am expected to take off my top. There are three books in the series and they are published by a company called Fuel, not to be confused with the band Fuel.

The illustrator is Siberian and is named Danzig but he is not Glenn Danzig of Portlandia fame. I think and he originally sketched the tattoos he saw as a hobby, in secret and then the KGB found out and instead of being mad like he expected, they asked him to continue catalogue the tattoos and decipher the meaning behind them. I think this stuff is pretty interesting. He also has a book that's basically illustrations of things describe in The Gulag Archipelago and, um, there's a lot of brutal drawings in that book.

Here's a bear

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
here is another bear

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The Moscow Kosomol Whores Gang

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
A little bit of advice

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Uncle Joe

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I think the number of domes in depictions of churches usually references terms served or something like that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
This one indicates a squealer and would have been forcibly applied.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cats represent legitimate thieves. This would have been on a married person whose partner was also a criminal by trade. I think it is romantic.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Sorry to doxx yr mom but someone in the gulag has a tattoo of her

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Brezhnev with a funky new doo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i got one of these as my only tattoo even though im not russian.

Really? What is it? Right now I only have plus and minus on both sides of my wrists stigmata style but I got a new second job and will have disposable income for the first time in 3 years soon so I want to get something cool but not horribly outlandish. I am not Russian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

If you ever actually end up in a Russian prison and get called out on the tattoo this may be a terrible choice.

I figure getting a really braggadocios Russian criminal tattoo that says I'm a legitimate thief convicted of murdering multiple party officials is just the kind of thing I need to keep me on the straight and narrow and out of Russian prisons.