Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This was a good idea for a thread?
Yes
No
Eh, I'd give it a 7 out of 10
View Results

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Forgotton Anne is the first thing I thought of for this thread. They tried to make a puzzle platformer with a Studio Ghibli-inspired story and a morality system, and all of that's there, but none of it's particularly good. The animation and voice acting is fantastic, but the gameplay is mediocre, the plot falls apart at the end, and the morality system is best described as "token". I think they had a nice idea and if they'd tried to make an actual movie out of it they would've had something good, but as a game it just kinda falls flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU