Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What would happen if, when he started ordering for you, you cut him off and told the waiter what you actually wanted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The_Franz posted:

i'm still shocked that someone actually offered him lodging when they finally kicked him out of his office crashpad.

https://plausiblydeniable.com/five-geek-social-fallacies/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm morbidly curious what a gnu plus linux groupie looks like.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

I can imagine that this feels like someone hijacked your lifes work after you did all the heavy lifting.

that happens to literally everyone on the planet who has ever had a boss or worked for a corporation. everyone just goes to the bar and gets over it. rms is the only guy who won't loving shut up about it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

his "life's work" has been complaining to people that nobody wants to do things his way.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I bought my airplane headsets from an employee-owned company. They are still located in the same factory in Massachusetts where they manufactured most of the US spacesuits going back to the Mercury program.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

he still does that bullshit where he makes other people open keycard doors for him and pay for hotel rooms because it's okay if he's forcing other people to give up their PII and use nonfree systems for his benefit, as long as he personally isn't affected

he's a giant gross hypocrite and he deserves to be cancelled

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh he definitely seems like a nice guy to me, iykwim

q.v.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jskq3-lpQnE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wonder if he has ever exercised in his life.