Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Nobody Interesting posted:

this happened in 2018 an i never thought to inform yospos. i went to an rms talk in london and went along with the group of sycophants that gathered around him at the end. he took us to Foyles (book store) and then to a chinese restaurant in chinatown that i forget the name of. i then helped him get back to where he was staying because he's pretty unfit to say the least and carries a LOT of heavy poo poo with him (read: i carried his things). caught the last train back home after spending pretty much the entire day with him.

he is a nice guy to hang around with and you quickly figure out how to stop him from going on controversial tangents.

as problematic as this guy is i think it was pretty cool to get to spend so much time with him.

if you are going to eat dinner with rms make sure you go to a buffet style place because he will do the ordering (while making dietary considerations - i cannot eat nuts so he ordered no nut-containing things) without consulting you so you'll need the options

how bad did he smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no. there are many stories of people inviting him over for a conference and then he refuses to leave for like a month until he secures another place to squat