Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cool op. you should write a book about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Nobody Interesting posted:

was a scout leader before i moved out of the UK, seen grosser

they have mirrors in british scouts?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Truman Peyote posted:

nobody who eats chinese food could be a bigot

on the contrary; if your white and you eat chinese food that’s cultural appropriation

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the first date i ever went on was to a chinese restaurant. makes you think

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i wish...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

that happens to literally everyone on the planet who has ever had a boss or worked for a corporation. everyone just goes to the bar and gets over it. rms is the only guy who won't loving shut up about it.

communists also won’t shut up about it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

bernie sanders dot com posted:

The time has come to substantially expand employee ownership in America. Study after study has shown that employee ownership increases employment, increases productivity, increases sales, and increases wages in the United States. This is in large part because employee-owned businesses boost employee morale, dedication, creativity and productivity, because workers share in profits and have more control over their own work lives.
Employees in worker-owned companies are not simply cogs in a machine owned by someone else. They play a central role in determining what the company does and how it is run.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

I bought my airplane headsets from an employee-owned company. They are still located in the same factory in Massachusetts where they manufactured most of the US spacesuits going back to the Mercury program.

are you glad they didn’t go to the bar and shut up about it?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

rotor posted:

idk if there's really anything to learn. desktop linux in 2021 is just as easy to install and use as osx or win10.

like if you wanna get into the weeds then its gets weird but so do the other ones.

yeah, until you want to run real software

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

what are some good examples of cultural appropriation where other cultures have appropriated european things? wonder if it's happened.

sometimes I read wikipedia and look at the dress suits the president of some african country wears and I wonder, how did the suit become international

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

is it offensive?

im not really an expert but i find it pretty hard to get offended by other cultures “stealing” american culture or even making fun of americans directly. there’s probably a power component to it, like there is in racism, where the dominant side of the relationship has a lot more ability to inflict pain and suffering. and well, western european and specifically american culture is dominant in the world right now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

this is how i see it too. well put.

how offended are you, living in michigan, to learn that china is appropriating american car culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

you guys said good things. excellent things. thanks I agree

i disagree