Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
Been literally doing this exact watchlist, op. It's a great gimmick when done well. Always loved Groundhog Day and Edge of Tomorrow, but didn't realize there's so many more, especially recently!

I really liked The Map of Tiny Perfect Things which is a sweet and funny teen romcom. The leads have great chemistry and the camera loves everything Kathryn Newton does. The gimmick is done well too - no agonizingly endless 'first day where we already know the drop' just bam right into the loop.

Boss Level and Palm Springs were also great, the gimmick really lends itself to comedy and existential horror in equal amounts and both of these have lots.

Another one you should check out is Blood Punch - it's a schlocky gorefest with pretty C-tier acting but the premise is fantastic and the plot twists just don't stop coming. All 3 mains are trapped in the loop but when they die their memories reset and they forget they're in a loop, leading to ridiculous info war shenanigans

e: I remember the Agents of Shield time loop episode cuz it was in the last season, but which episode is SG-1's? Also, surely there's gotta be some Trek time loopers but I'm drawing a blank atm.

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

There was a good time loop episode in Star Trek: Discovery season 1, but I'm phone-posting, so I don't remember which one it was. I believe it involved Harry Mudd (Rainn Wilson).

Oh yeah! That was one of its better episodes too. I meant like, Actual, Real Trek tho. The good kind, like you want.

e: I forgot to mention Repeaters, which is fairly meh production, acting, and script-wise, but then has a twist ending that makes it almost probably worth it. It's short too.

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 5, 2021

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
Double posting to say I consulted the gugle and it answered all my questions.

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls031062792/

• SG-1 s4e6 - Window of Opportunity
  • TNG s5e18 - Cause and Effect
  • ENT s2E16 - Future Tense
  • DISCO s1e7 - Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad

There's a Dark Matter ep and some other poo poo too. AoS really knocked theirs out of the park.

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 5, 2021