Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't buy it.

There have always been one or two coaches at any time in the league who can create innovative offenses with unique players. That doesn't mean that it's an approach that will be easily copied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

lol if u think all of those "stable" teams are happy with who they have under center

Nov 6, 2002

Pittsburgh - Ben will probably die mid season
Cleveland - Is Baker good enough to warrant another contract?
Cincinnati - Burrow hasn't proved squat
LV - One day Gruden is in love with Carr and the next it sounds like he'd trade him for a ham sandwich
NYG - In serious denial about their QB situation
Min - Kirk Cousins is good until he has to be
TB - Their QB is a million years old
ATL - They need to trade Ryan, clean house and rebuild but can't afford to

Also about midway thru every season it always becomes obvious to everyone that a significant portion of the teams we thought were "set" at QB are very much not!

Nov 6, 2002

Athanatos posted:

The rest are good, but these 3 I dunno. I'd call them "set." Burrow and Jones are going to be run out there a few more years at very least and Brady is going to play for 5 more seasons or so.

I think in the NFL if you get a guy you can start for at least 3 years, that's pretty stable right?

Burrow's grade last season is INC. He certainly hasn't proven that he's an NFL franchise QB and that the Bengals are set for the future and now he's a year older and coming off a serious injury.

Jones is a joke. The Giants are the only team in the NFL that would still be running him out there again because they're too stubborn/proud, or whatever you want to call it, to admit he's a failure. And yet, I think most observers would agree if Jones puts up another one of his typical seasons even the Giants FO will be forced to recognize that drafting him was a mistake and move on. Hardly set at that position. They're basically waiting for him to fail so they can move on.

Brady is one unlucky sprain away from being done forever. That's how all these old QB's go out; they get a nagging lower body or shoulder injury and that's the end. When you're as old as he is - regardless of your health regime - you do not recover fast enough to maintain your football shape.

Nov 6, 2002

Why at this rate Josh Allen will be completing 99% of his passes in a few years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002