Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

VideoGameVet posted:

In that world. Most of the blockchain games seem weak. What we're doing is to create something of quality rather than slapping on stuff to a so-so game mechanic.

I'd say more but I'm NDA'd to the max.

Also I'm drat fortunate to get this position at this point in my career, but I have years of experience in a related thing ...

Let me just say: I respect the agreement you've made, but I am very curious. Hope to know more when the NDA lifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jows
May 8, 2002

Dying to know your take on today's news about the MS aquisition

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Jows posted:

Dying to know your take on today's news about the MS aquisition

1. Bobby makes an exit before the board kicks him out or the stock tanked even more.

2. Microsoft acquires game studios that can actually ship titles, unlike Amazon's failed attempts.

3. You can bet that Call Of Duty etc. will be XBOX 1st, but I doubt they will stop supporting PlayStation. But you never know.

4. Might boost Microsoft's efforts in XR.

5. I feel bad for the coders who will have to use Teams instead of Slack from now on.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

VideoGameVet posted:

5. I feel bad for the coders who will have to use Teams instead of Slack from now on.

I didn't even think about this, but that is a fate worse than death.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

VideoGameVet posted:

Jesus gently caress, truly the worst part of being tied to MS.

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
Real question: what makes Slack the superior option?

Haven't used it myself, and a quick googling hasn't turned up any useful comparison. First 4 results I've read make the differences sound negligable, but based on the vehemency here I'm guessing that's far from the case.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I've never used Slack, but I use teams on an almost daily basis. It's a clunky, non-intuitive and typical MS crap that doesn't integrate into their office suite half as well as it should. Simple example, contacts.
Trying to set up a meeting and send invites. It doesn't pull the contacts from my outlook/exchange contact folder. I literally have to literally copy/paste the contact in it.

Not a deal breaker, just not simple.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

slidebite posted:

I've never used Slack, but I use teams on an almost daily basis. It's a clunky, non-intuitive and typical MS crap that doesn't integrate into their office suite half as well as it should. Simple example, contacts.
Trying to set up a meeting and send invites. It doesn't pull the contacts from my outlook/exchange contact folder. I literally have to literally copy/paste the contact in it.

Not a deal breaker, just not simple.

Huh, I've never tried to create a meeting from Teams. I always do that in Outlook.

I've used Teams pretty extensively and Slack a little. I mostly just use Teams for calls, screenshare, and individual chats, though. The actual "Team" functionality doesn't seem that compelling, but maybe it has a purpose I just haven't figured out yet.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Caustic Soda posted:

Real question: what makes Slack the superior option?

Haven't used it myself, and a quick googling hasn't turned up any useful comparison. First 4 results I've read make the differences sound negligable, but based on the vehemency here I'm guessing that's far from the case.

It isn't that Slack is so great (I use Telegram even more) but that Teams is gawd-awful. I had to use it briefly at one company it just was a pain.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Apparently in his all hands today Kotick joked they wouldn't switch to teams instead of addressing any of the allegations. So there's that

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Teams is, for no clear reason without looking under the hood, much less stable compared with any competitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

The word game I designed & produced is live on Android in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oldeskuul.wordtopics&gl=ca