Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

MononcQc posted:

You might know of the Peter Principle, a concept in management developed by Laurence J. Peter, which observes that people in a hierarchy tend to rise to their "level of incompetence": employees are promoted based on their success in previous jobs until they reach a level at which they are no longer competent, as skills in one job do not necessarily translate to another.

I would propose to do reverse-stack ranking as a measure to prevent and defeat it once and for all. Effectively, the Peter Principle takes your best employees and removes them from where they are most valuable.

Reverse-stackranking is a practice by which you take your least competent employees, and promote them as fast as possible. This removes them from a position where they are actively doing harm, leaving room for your most competent people to do their work.

Furthermore, most solid organizational advice has to do with delegation, and pushing decision-making to people with the context to implement it, usually at the leaves of the organizational tree. Reverse-stackranking implies that the only people competent enough to make decisions are already at the leaves and therefore naturally fosters contextful and aware decision-making.

this is exactly how i play xcom and it works out great so it must translate to the real world pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Agile Vector posted:

ah the open floor plan

lmao

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

fart simpson posted:

this past saturday my boss sent out a 9am monday morning meeting request and i completely blew it off

lmao

the absolute gall to send out an invite for a monday morning meeting at any point past the previous thursday