Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

pointsofdata posted:

Agile workflows are great, but very hard to plan around. Consider adding quarterly product goals, then dividing them into weekly sprint goals, to get the best of both worlds.

Spend a month arguing about the metrics that you’ll use to evaluate success at the end of next year.

In 11 months, spend two weeks arguing about how to change the metrics that didn’t work out last year, and two more weeks coming up with new metrics that you’ll be changing the following year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

I need to "lay the hard word" on my technician who is also my only coworker for 18 hours a week...

neither I nor the primary technician was at work monday, but this was planned so there was cover. A locum was covering me and the tech who also works with me was there.

once a week at the start of the week we run a weekly cycle that generates all of the compliance packs being made. normally the main tech does it and the other tech helps out. in other times when the main tech has been away but I've been there, she's done it.

but last monday she didn;t. sure I never asked her but there's not really any excuse for being unaware that it needs to be done (its in the handbook of weekly/daily duties), so that means she knew it needed to be done, but chose not to do it, so the main tech still had to do it.

and I was speaking to the locum today and she told me about a couple of situations where the locum asked about this or that and the tech said to leave it until the other tech tomorrow.

it's just unacceptable to just ignore work and leave it for your coworker like this.

I'm real disappointed actually. never felt such a sense of disappointment before

Sounds like management didn’t properly set expectations to me.