Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

force the entire company to use amberpos

i use amber on phone and green on desktop so I know how it feels to be not only you but also someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chanpop:

how awful would a rodtronics / rainbow style sheet be ?

i’m guessing “quite”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk if this is actually a thread about managment

anyway I am the "manager" at my pharmacy. we had a bit of a chat this morning. I made it clear to everyone that when you want to take time off, yes you may feel a pressure that you're putting everyone else under stress because we operate at minimum staff levels and have small staff anyway, so a person off can be a 1/3 of your staff off or more.

and so people may feel something like they're being a dick by taking time off, or someone else may be annoyed that someone is taking time off because it makes their job harder

and so I made it clear to everyone who works under me, that the actuality is that our boss has chosen to udnerstaff us so if there is anyone to get annoyed at it's him and not thre person taking time off

there are 3 pharmacies in the group, and we share staff, and the attitude I shared isn't the way it is at the other places, at least at one of them the manager guilt trips people when they want to take time off.

I then said "I reckon I am a poo poo manager" because I reckon I am, I barely manage anything, I am just fortunate that my staff are great people. I'm no good at correcting people. but I am very chill. and so people said "nah we love working for you" and thats nice to know but I don't know if the success of the business agrees. covid and market downturn and massive aussie pharmacies have eviscterated us, and some time ever we're gonna merge with a medical centre and when that happens who know who'll be on the chopping block.

hopefully not me. I bring something special to the pharmacy. which is my genitals. we have a lot of other cultures and immigrants in our area and they're generally sexist as heck and I am the only dude in the entire business outside of the owner, and so they always want to talk to me and ignore the women. its poo poo as heck but it's hardly my place to tell other people from other cultures how to act

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 4, 2021

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

source your quotes

nice one. I was proud of myself for informing the staff of their rights and to blame the right person

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I need to "lay the hard word" on my technician who is also my only coworker for 18 hours a week...

neither I nor the primary technician was at work monday, but this was planned so there was cover. A locum was covering me and the tech who also works with me was there.

once a week at the start of the week we run a weekly cycle that generates all of the compliance packs being made. normally the main tech does it and the other tech helps out. in other times when the main tech has been away but I've been there, she's done it.

but last monday she didn;t. sure I never asked her but there's not really any excuse for being unaware that it needs to be done (its in the handbook of weekly/daily duties), so that means she knew it needed to be done, but chose not to do it, so the main tech still had to do it.

and I was speaking to the locum today and she told me about a couple of situations where the locum asked about this or that and the tech said to leave it until the other tech tomorrow.

it's just unacceptable to just ignore work and leave it for your coworker like this.

I'm real disappointed actually. never felt such a sense of disappointment before

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah she made excuses. regardless it’s not going to happen again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol in this job market? no one to replace her

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

they say sex after firing someone is the best sex. a very intense sex.

dude shes like 7 years younger than me and also a girl. gross

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

i didn’t say you have to have sex with her specifically. i didn’t even imply it, that’s on you

um where in the heck did I mention sex?

what a sick mind you have

I was merely mentioning that I am repulsed by her youth and gender

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
frequently cited, this myth endures but is rarely backed by evidence

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
🤷‍♂️

echinopsis