Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Discendo Vox posted:

A lot of the priming research turned out to be unreplicable, or downright fraudulent, but it's a decent concept. A broadly related concept from rhetorical theory is "framing", a subject about which suez-blocking amounts of ink have been spilled. Goffman wrote the main book on framing, it's one of the subjects I wound up excluding from the intro materials because I couldn't make it even remotely engaging. [edit: that's a crappy scan, I'll try to find a better one at some point, I don't have my copy of the book anymore to make one of my own]

On Literally Kermit's post, that ties into circular journalism and graph theoretic communication models, especially social network analysis. I can try to write something up on it...eventually. I'm going to post little in this thread though, because you already got several thousand words from me and I don't want to dominate the conversation.

Counterpoint: :justpost:

You're an informed and informative poster and I learn a lot reading what you're writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU