Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don’t know why you all decided to break rules here instead of doing that in the Politoons thread, but, alas, I have to ask everyone to actually restate, in brief terms, what are their positions in this conversation, and to what end they would like to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Esran posted:

My position is outlined a few lines above. I don't have an end to take it to after this post. I think we were largely done with this discussion even if we don't agree, and I don't think continuing it would be productive in any case, now that you're swinging the probate stick around for unclear reasons.

The reason why I’m intervening - and, mind you, with an unambiguous verbal warning that asks not that much at all of anyone here - is that the recent conversation makes it unnecessarily difficult to distinguish the line between one’s interest in contributing to this thread and one’s interest to rehash grudges from a different thread. That said, I don’t think sassy parting shots will do you much favour.

Megamissen posted:

I would also like to know what rules are being broken, this post should not have been probated.
I read through both the rules and the discussion and found no obvious rule breaks.
If you are going to do the kind of intervention you did you can atleast explain yourself more clearly.

While the rules try to be 'hard' so to say the targets are 'soft'. There is no binary of breaking and following the rules, or even a spectrum.
More of a... pseudo-spectrum of interpretation.
Roboto's post was probated for bad faith but it read to me as a completely good faith question (that i also had myself!).

It would be more helpfull if instead of probating such a question you quoted a few example posts that you interpreted as breaking a rule, stating the rule it broke and a short reasoning why.
Maybe even give some feedback on how it could have been made in a better way.
Just refering to the rules without explanation risks confusion when different interpretation do not line up.
In my opinion the 'heavy' kind of ruleset used here that require effort and rigour from the posters should require doubly so for the moderators.

This sounds like something you could be interested in bringing up during the next D&D feedback thread, currently scheduled for February.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 7, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

To avoid any more off-topic posts, if anyone else feels like saying something about thread moderation tonight or in general - PM me or Koos Group.

mawarannahr posted:

If you can’t be clearer in how you communicate before dropping down punishments, you should consider stepping down instead of dismissing their question for February.

They can post on their main if they want a serious engagement, though it’s also worth noting that my simultaneous post did offer adequate answers to gist of their post.

Esran posted:

I wasn't going for sass. From my point of view, you showed up in this thread which was being fairly civil, and made a demand for reasons that weren't clear. When another poster asked about the reason for this demand, you probated them for reasons that were (are still) unclear.

I believe the rest of the quoted post does illustrate much of my issue with the posts tonight, but I do strongly disagree with the conversation not being on hostile terms. It was civil if in literary sense. As for the sixer issued, the reason stated in Leper’s is the extent of the public statements I’m going to make on the matter. If you would like to request more information about it, please PM Koos Group.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

if rehashing grudges from a different thread is off limits now, i'd suggest a re-relaunch with a different choice of subject matter.

Rehashing grudges is not a form of posting that does productively add to the discussion in most cases, I’m afraid. There’s a narrow exception to standing ground with one’s rebuttal to a point made, but that’s broadly it.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 7, 2022