Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Come together with your fellow goons and pray that Mutoh somehow loses the belt to the less popular member of the GHC Tag Champs. The old man has to put over one of the kids eventually, right? Unlike the New Japan card happening at the same time, something important might actually happen on this show.

29.April.2021
3pm JST/5pm AEDT/7am BST/2am EST/11pm PST (this is a wednesday time)

Hajime Ohara, Seiki Yoshioka, and YO-HEY vs Yasutaka Yano, Daisuke Harada, and Atsushi Kotoge
Akitoshi Saito and Junta Miyawaki vs Katsuhiko Nakajima and Nioh
Kotaro Suzuki vs Yuya Susumu
Kendo Kashin, Kazunari Murakami, and Kazushi Sakuraba vs Masao Inoue, Shuhei Taniguchi, and Muhammad Yone
Naomichi Marufuji, Masato Tanaka, and Masaaki Mochizuki vs Kinya Okada, Yoshiki Inamura, and Kaito Kiyomiya
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: STINGER (Yoshinari Ogawa & HAYATA) (c) vs NOSAWA Rongai & Ikuto Hidaka
GHC National Championship: Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura
GHC Heavyweight Championship: Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Masa Kitamiya

Watch it with English Commentary on Wrestle Universe here
If for whatever reason you don't have Universe but still want it in English it's on Fite for $20USD
According to forkboy's schedule, it should be available on Abema for free with Japanese Commentary here but it's not on the site's timetable so I can't be sure

If you'd like to do some reading before the event, here is an in depth preview by Aiden O'Brien or a shorter one by Hisame

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 28, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just realised I forgot to give the thread the GLOBAL tag, if a mod could assist i'd appreciate it

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Just FYI it seems that Abema began to enforce region blocking, so you might not be able to watch the show without a VPN. The English commentary provided by Fulton and Pickering is pretty good if you're into more of a sports-like presentation and they keep bullshit down to a minimum.

If you're considering signing up for WrestleUniverse, be aware that like most of Japanese streaming services they charge on the 1st of the month so you'll pay today and then again in 3 days (which would still be cheaper than Fite)(disregard and read below).

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 29, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Phone posting but this is the Abema page
I got from the NOAH site https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports2/slots/EhFauGJDkzt7w5

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Phone posting but this is the Abema page
I got from the NOAH site https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-sports2/slots/EhFauGJDkzt7w5

Yeah, that's the one I posted from Hisame's preview

J-Ro posted:

If you're considering signing up for WrestleUniverse, be aware that like most of Japanese streaming services they charge on the 1st of the month so you'll pay today and then again in 3 days (which would still be cheaper than Fite).

Is this confirmed somewhere? My WU subscription has been coming out mid-month for at least the past year, for April it was on the 19th and for March it was the 17th

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

Is this confirmed somewhere? My WU subscription has been coming out mid-month for at least the past year, for April it was on the 19th and for March it was the 17th

My bad, going by their English sign-up page https://www.ddtpro.com/account/plan/explanation/english the first month is actually free (but you wont be able to cancel your membership during it, so you at least have to pay for one month). I can't seem to find any info on if the charge happens on 1st of the month or on the date you registered tho (I do think it's still on the 1st).

My subscription has been getting billed around the same date as yours, so maybe it's just when they run their processing.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Who's doing the English commentary?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who's doing the English commentary?

Stewart Fulton & Mark Pickering, get a taste of their commentary here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAFiSDbN2k.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

J-Ro posted:

Stewart Fulton & Mark Pickering, get a taste of their commentary here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTAFiSDbN2k.

Honestly, I'm just glad you didn't say Matt Striker

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We are live, Kitamiya and Mutoh are Kaiju fighting in the opening

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hahaha the kaiju fight rules.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Full Throttle are such dorks, it's great

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That opening promo was perfect.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Got a chuckle out of Fulton running down everyone's previous allegiances to highlight the chaos of the junior division

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Nice dodge Harada :laffo:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

Got a chuckle out of Fulton running down everyone's previous allegiances to highlight the chaos of the junior division

I'm a big fan of the allegiance whiteboard that makes its' appearances during pre-shows.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hey, Maybe YO-HEY can take Kotoge's title like he took Kotoge's place in Full Throttle

Good way to open the show, really enjoyable

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't know if I'll ever get into NOAH enough to understand the allegiances of the junior division but they're definitely fun to watch.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Funky Saito is all I need in my life.

Pylons posted:

I don't know if I'll ever get into NOAH enough to understand the allegiances of the junior division but they're definitely fun to watch.

That's always a losing battle.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

The most important thing to know about the Juniors for this show is the natch following this one. Suzuki brought Susumu into NOAH to help him fight Stinger after Suzuki was kicked out. Instead, Susumu betrayed Suzuki at the first opportunity and joined Stinger himself. Thus, they have beef.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's a shame most of Kongoh is out with Covid related issues, I always love when they come out in force to support their guys.

Also Nioh is my least favourite Kongoh guy, but he's solid enough

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just a kickboi kicking a boy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Saito vs. Nakajima should be fun.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jeez that was a stiff kick

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man so glad I'm catching this, I was gonna avoid the forums to catch up on AEW but something told me I was missing Puro.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ffs juniors, even in your blood feud you can't get your poo poo together. And It was real good until that

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Draw works for me because I want more of those two beating each other up.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yone's theme is so top tier

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Two hardcore badasses...and also Kendo Kashin

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

Two hardcore badasses...and also Kendo Kashin

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

For all the goofy poo poo Yone pulls, every so often he has matches that remind people that he came through BattlArts and is tough as nails

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo Sakuraba still looks exactly the same.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Morning all,

Jumping on this for an hour before work and seeing some funky murders happen.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Morning all,

Jumping on this for an hour before work and seeing some funky murders happen.

Morning friendo, you missed juniors being juniors (but in a good way) in the opener and Suzuki/Susumu

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Sleeper chain!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fight's over, friend!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Murakami looks like a man who has never felt joy

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Two funky badasses...and also Kendo Kashin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okay the leadup to this has been pretty dire but let's hope they pull their heads in for the big show. Looking at you NOSAWA