Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the parlay segment was v. Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i really like to watch aew dynamite on tnt on wednesday nights

what a loving great episode top to bottom

also, uh, are the taped dynamites filmed in front of a crowd? seemed like there was noise but never any camera shots

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

espeically a group of punks and weirdos....too real.

I've been with Dark Order since the first human throne, Dark World Order is 4 Life.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

along with masks, Penta is confused by this concept of friendship.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graph posted:

also, uh, are the taped dynamites filmed in front of a crowd? seemed like there was noise but never any camera shots

no

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

along with masks, Penta is confused by this concept of friendship.

That is actually Penta trying to figure out if that counts as a pose/taunt and thus should he be offended that someone else is posing at any given time.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/Bowens_Official/status/1387550730710626310

Now we know

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It's wild to think that we've had DDT, Impact and NJPW stuff on Dynamite.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Glad it's out there now.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Seams posted:

the parlay segment was v. Good

sammy shooting on spears was dope then chris went nuclear again

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

it is weird that Spears is kind of working for me right now because he has been such a failson for all of AEW's run outside of that one fun news segment, but taking on Sammy is actually a great choice and their styles work together in my head.

So obviously he'll ruin it somehow but that'll be funny so it's all good.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Is blood and guts submission victory only like the OG wargames?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

SUBMIT OR SURRENDER

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

slappers only

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only way to win is to make your opponent swallow your guts

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
you got a lot of guts oscar

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

you got a lot of guts oscar

You got blood on my guts

You got guts on my blood!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tonight's ep was fantastic. Not as many heel beatdowns, good matches all around, and OC/Penta was everything I wanted it to be; their personalities play very well off each other. I also thought Cody figure-fouring QT on top of a bus was hilarious, and is the right kind of stupid for pro wrestling.

Also dear god Miro is terrifying. Giving him some time/room to figure himself out in the midcard turned out to be a great idea. He doesn't feel like WWE Rusev at all now.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
They never actually flipped the coin, did they? Spears and Sammy said they'd go first, but that doesn't answer the question of advantage. I assume it'll be pinnacle but I don't remember them actually saying that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Penguin Patrol posted:

They never actually flipped the coin, did they? Spears and Sammy said they'd go first, but that doesn't answer the question of advantage. I assume it'll be pinnacle but I don't remember them actually saying that.

pinnacle's got the advantage; something along the lines of 'gently caress the coinflip' was right at the start of the promo

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
edit: on second thought, nahhh

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CombineThresher posted:

Tonight's ep was fantastic. Not as many heel beatdowns, good matches all around, and OC/Penta was everything I wanted it to be; their personalities play very well off each other. I also thought Cody figure-fouring QT on top of a bus was hilarious, and is the right kind of stupid for pro wrestling.

Also dear god Miro is terrifying. Giving him some time/room to figure himself out in the midcard turned out to be a great idea. He doesn't feel like WWE Rusev at all now.

I was kind of put off by how dumb the figure four was, but then I remembered that Cody refused to put the figure four on QT during their exhibition match because he didn't want to hurt him. As a callback to that, I like it better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just kidding.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was kind of put off by how dumb the figure four was, but then I remembered that Cody refused to put the figure four on QT during their exhibition match because he didn't want to hurt him. As a callback to that, I like it better.

i liked it bc cody rhodes ripped off his shirt and did a figure four on top of a bus adorned with his neck tattoo and his dog while a crowd of extras shouted "cody! cody! cody!"

it was like, such a loving over the top cody segment that it actually kinda worked for me for how loving absurd and silly it was.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

heel turn posted:

Someone in the Dynamite thread asked for it, so:

I was wondering if that was Avalon lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

seeing Cody on Sammy's vlog and seeing how loving weird and funny he is really gives me a lot more affection for Cody segments on Dynamite

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

shiksa posted:

i liked it bc cody rhodes ripped off his shirt and did a figure four on top of a bus adorned with his neck tattoo and his dog while a crowd of extras shouted "cody! cody! cody!"

it was like, such a loving over the top cody segment that it actually kinda worked for me for how loving absurd and silly it was.

Also he had a bus for a six-man undercard match he wasn’t even in

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Also he had a bus for a six-man undercard match he wasn’t even in

the Factory arrived in the bus, presumably having stolen it from the Nightmare Compound

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cody just like "yeah i'm not gonna help my brother and my trainees, i'm gonna hide in my bus until they come back"

Reminds me of when Brodie was defending the TNT title against Dustin and Cody had his Go Big Show announcement

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gwen posted:

So obviously he'll ruin it somehow but that'll be funny so it's all good.
I think MJF's presence both in terms of the protective booking and his mic work will keep Spears on track this time.

I'm kinda thinking Spears is less the pin guy and more the guy MJF mauls when he eventually snaps into the full psycho MJF we've seen hints of though.

shiksa posted:

I laughed really hard at the crowd coming out like he wanted to riff on the "and then everyone clapped" meme. Cody is really good at being hilariously lame.

I thought the figure four looked great, though, like there's nowhere for him to go, trapped between the fall and parts of the bus? Actually straight up cool, and the callback is smart stuff too. The usual Cody paradox.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Cody, like his dad, is hilariously extra and I can't fault him for it.

It was mentioned in the game day thread, but OC and Fenix had a TV match last year that is one of my favorite AEW matches, period. I would absolutely welcome a rematch, as OC obviously has good chemistry with lucha guys given his training and Fenix is the best wrestler on earth right now.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Excited for next week's Dynamite to watch the second best wrestling show with a cage match taking place on May 5th.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

CombineThresher posted:

Cody, like his dad, is hilariously extra and I can't fault him for it.

It was mentioned in the game day thread, but OC and Fenix had a TV match last year that is one of my favorite AEW matches, period. I would absolutely welcome a rematch, as OC obviously has good chemistry with lucha guys given his training and Fenix is the best wrestler on earth right now.

i love that orange has extremely good chemistry with all of death triangle and i hope they have matches forever.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
what was the move penta put on oc towards the end of the match where he picked him up then threw him down in a legdrop pin

that was cool, dont think ive ever seen that

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

what was the move penta put on oc towards the end of the match where he picked him up then threw him down in a legdrop pin

Pentagon Driver. He's used it a lot before but only started doing it recently in AEW I think.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

It's wild to think that we've had DDT, Impact and NJPW stuff on Dynamite.

PAC showed up with the Dream Gate title in some early stuff and Kenny's defended the AAA Mega Championship as well!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Pentagon Driver. He's used it a lot before but only started doing it recently in AEW I think.

he did it to Marko Stunt once in a pre-COVID show

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

graph posted:

Made in Japan, Shingo Takagi's finisher because Penta is on the record as a Shingo mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8rVy_2c3s&t=7s