Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Darby vs 10 6 5.08%
Penelope vs Kris 2 1.69%
Hangman vs Brian 11 9.32%
Orange vs Penta 89 75.42%
Sydals vs Bucks 10 8.47%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

karmicknight posted:

yeah, having a home arena is super cool and when AEW makes stops while touring down there we're are going to have so much that we recognize and think is cool.

They really turned a pandemic into creating a new beloved wrestling venue.

this made me wonder if aew'll try to show off the different venues they do while touring, because i can't for the life of me remember wwe tv looking any different place to place even before the wall to wall tv screens

like, will we get balcony spots on weekly tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

this made me wonder if aew'll try to show off the different venues they do while touring, because i can't for the life of me remember wwe tv looking any different place to place even before the wall to wall tv screens

like, will we get balcony spots on weekly tv

AEW already kind of did, they were big on making sure they used each venue correctly to its specifications. I hope they run like the Chicago Theater (they won't because they run in sports venues as a rule), where they can get some wild verticality going.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

karmicknight posted:

AEW already kind of did, they were big on making sure they used each venue correctly to its specifications. I hope they run like the Chicago Theater (they won't because they run in sports venues as a rule), where they can get some wild verticality going.

It's been so long I honestly don't remember.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
AEW has existed longer in the pandemic than out at this point right?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

AEW has existed longer in the pandemic than out at this point right?

Either Jan 1 2019 - March 11, 2020: 435 days or October 2 2019 - March 11, 2020: 161 days
March 18 2020 - April 5 2021: 383 days

So Dynamite has been on the air more in a pandemic, but the company still has a couple of months before being a mostly-pandemic company.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
May 2019 is the official start of AEW and nobody will convince me otherwise

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
god i know march has felt eternal but i didn't realize dynamite has spent over twice as long in the pandemic than out of it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

May 2019 is the official start of AEW and nobody will convince me otherwise

That's 291 days of non-pandemic AEW, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW Blood and Guts Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3966974
Next Week's Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3967001

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 6, 2021