Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

:sickos:

I don't comment a lot when there isn't a vote but I love these updates.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

HBar posted:

:sickos:

I don't comment a lot when there isn't a vote but I love these updates.

Trust, it's super ok. One of the reasons I love doing my own art, and this has been so rewarding compared to the CYOAs I did before this, is that I can see how many different people view an image because it's hosted on my own website, so even though there are a lot of lurkers, and no-one's posting I still know my work is seen, like since I've posted that update today? 21 people have already seen it. That's hugely validating knowing there's at least 21 people looking at this thread, the update from about a week ago? 47. In the BYOB webcomic thread? 235. PYF? 1279. Knowing so many people enjoy my work to keep coming back, some even checking the day of to see it, is so validating. And honestly, maybe people are checking to make fun of it or they think it's dumb, maybe they're scrolling past it every time, but just knowing they're looking makes me feel really good. So never feel like you have to vote or comment if you don't want too, while I love every one of them, just knowing that you guys, gals, and NB pals are watching makes all the difference.

Though sometimes the numbers freak me out lol, like 1600 people reading my work is so many.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hell yeah that's what's up :)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Today's comic is I think, stretching the limits of what a comic is, but I feel like we've just gone too long without understanding what the hell the adventurer league is.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Click here to track the vote in real time, as I grab sources from everywhere I post this thing.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

B B B

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

A
B
B

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

ABB

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

ABB

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Just some bonus info I did today while relaxing my brain. I tend to work on both projects simultaneously, and I thought it would be fun to show how I art.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7004355329823657222

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Vote Chosen

Voteosen

Vosen

8 votes 09/08/21: 1d8 7

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 5, 2023

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Hey, I've got a new style of shading and am switching up the art style again. The painterly style is very good looking, but it's also very boring and takes hours. This is more quick, freeform, and fun!

But I'm colorblind as I will never shut the gently caress up about, because it's still very new to me as a concept, and I have no idea if this actually looks good to trichromatic people (that's all of you,) so give me your opinions if you have any!

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I like it, it looks like a real comic book and it's a little easier to visually interpret what's going on.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
yah this looks great!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
that rules

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
There will be a slight delay on updates for a bit because of homework, and also I'm making a 2dvtube model. Next Update will be at least another 2 or 3 days.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

This is an insanely wild ride
It’s killing me and giving me life at the same time

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The work you've been putting into this really shows!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Thank you, art is so hard Q_Q

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm being 100% honest when I say I do this like 60% for telling a really weird set of stories in a universe which is actually 1 REAALY weird storry and 40% of reading people go "oh wow you're doing so well"

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Well you're doing VERY well!!
You art is definitely improving!

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Your progress and work is astounding, Boba. Also the last frame of Marie is maybe flipped horizontally, based on the eye patch??

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh goddammit.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Clearly this is Taylor's POV and she's looking at Marie's reflection in the pool of blood on the station floor.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7002654447490862341

Remember, there are no "wrong" votes, and votes are chosen by random draw, across all submission forums.

Also I added a little footer, I'll take it off if it bothers people.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 6, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
D. Pupkin!!!

actual vote: B

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

A

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
1 normal vote C and .5 Tiebreaker vote B (only if ranked choice allowed and/or relevant)

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

This is really beautiful!

[[[C]]]

(Also, I noticed your interpunction is often not really standard conform. Is that intentional, or just something you don’t much care about? I always get what you mean, but it’s also a bit distracting; stopping me in the flow of reading. I’m neither a native speaker or a reliable person, but I’m certain there are plenty qualified people here willing to help - if that’s something you’d want ofcourse).

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Such Fun posted:

[[[C]]]

(Also, I noticed your interpunction is often not really standard conform. Is that intentional, or just something you don’t much care about? I always get what you mean, but it’s also a bit distracting; stopping me in the flow of reading. I’m neither a native speaker or a reliable person, but I’m certain there are plenty qualified people here willing to help - if that’s something you’d want ofcourse).

I don't know what interpunction means, but if you can teach it to me, I'll try to be more careful about it.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Such Fun posted:

Because Marie’s face has such dramatic shadows it makes Taylor’s face look ‘overexposed’/ ‘washed out with light’ by contrast. It’s really powerful, more of this!

(Less of pupkin, how do I vote pupkin off? Thank you for killing pupkin!)

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

I don't know what interpunction means, but if you can teach it to me, I'll try to be more careful about it.

Apparently interpunction is an old-rear end word, punctuation is the commonly used term. It’s about when to use a comma, when to end the sentence.
The purpose of punctuation is to clarify things that would be obvious in spoken language, but are ambiguous when written.

For instance, you wrote:

“You belong to the Queen Taylor, we all do.”

Now, from the context of having read the story I know that this isn’t about the Queen Taylor, but that is what the text implies. A less ambiguous way to write this could be:

“You belong to the Queen, Taylor. We all do.”

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh, gently caress, no I didn't realize my grammar was so far off. I'll be more careful, I use ProWritingAid to catch a lot of the stuff early, but I don't have an editor. So most of the really hosed up grammar, are what I didn't catch, and the bot didn't catch. I'm bad at writing, and mostly rely on technology to save me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Current Vote Count:

code:
A	B	C
2	2	4