Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

No one made a thread called draftermath and i think there should always be a thread called draftermath. so here it is

bucs got a guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks didn't do anything tonight but we have Jamal Adams instead, so... nice.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

niners didn't gently caress up

pats got a dork

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills also got a guy, but he's a DE who has shown some talent for putting QBs in the dirt, so I lean towards it being a good pick.
Really like how the Jets handled their 2nd first: don't want to repeat the same mistakes, you've got Zach Wilson 2nd-overall, so make sure he's better protected than Darnold ever was.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Da Bears

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/ZoneTracks/status/1387957100735836162

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Vikings got a guy at 23# I would of been happy with at 14, and grabbed 2 extra 3rd rounders at the cost of a 4th to boot.

Lets hope he turns out better then our last 1st round OL picks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Broncos :eng99:

Great player, wrong pick

Hell, same

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers stayed put at 13 and Slater fell right into their laps. I am ecstatic.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What's a draft pick, Precious?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I just want to say that picking Patrick Surtain over Justin Fields screams of Elway because it is a decision made of epic fail

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Bears did good, I'm kinda shocked

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm liking Tryon more already.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1387989571368071169?s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
While Newsome is a very good CB prospect I am very whelmed with just what a predictable disaster the defensive front looks like.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Green Bay taking a CB was the correct move regardless of how Rodgers feels

https://twitter.com/_jamane_/status/562085583691190273

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions had a great draft.

Definitely a good start to a new era.

A+.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1387988804653441024?s=19

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
TREY LANCE!
TREY LANCE!
TREY LANCE!
TREY LANCE!
TREY LANCE!
TREY LANCE!
TREY LANCE!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ches Neckbeard posted:

While Newsome is a very good CB prospect I am very whelmed with just what a predictable disaster the defensive front looks like.

If it makes you feel better I wanted you guys to draft Barmore or JOK so not doing those things is maybe a good for you. Counterpoint, I am quite stupid.

WR and Edge are two Ravens needs that are incredibly expensive to fill via free agency. Rashod Bateman has a high floor and is potentially a legit #1 WR. Jayson Oweh has a floor about 30 feet from the earth's core and a ceiling in the bosom of the angels. Both were expected by most to be off the board by the Ravens picks. I would have picked Teven Jenkins over Oweh myself but the logic of going after the more valuable positional value with a highly regarded prospect makes sense to me. Especially considering the o-line depth still available. This is a good stratedgy to keep the team talented when Lamar's pay day comes. Really good night.

Also, Da Bears.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

The Lions had a great draft.

Definitely a good start to a new era.

A+.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1387988804653441024?s=19

Agreed. There's gonna be a lot of people who would have preferred Fields, but with Sewell the o-line is pretty much set and that will make the entire offense better - which in turn will allow the Lions to focus on defense in the rest of this draft and the next.

e: well, that plus recievers, defintely need some of those

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Agreed. There's gonna be a lot of people who would have preferred Fields, but with Sewell the o-line is pretty much set and that will make the entire offense better - which in turn will allow the Lions to focus on defense in the rest of this draft and the next.

A rookie WR this year probably also helps a rookie QB next year.

So, I'm guessing WR next and then defense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

QUARTERBACK

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

If the lions improve too much then they won’t be in contention for a top QB.

Most drafts don’t have prospects like fields available that late.

I guess Detroit shouldn’t pick up any qb yet anyway while Goff is on the books

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

McCORKERBACK

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Goff is fine as long as he doesn't play the Niners. He seems to have some mental block in games against his childhood team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

No sequence of events will ever be as funny as the bears taking trubs, glennon storm-bobbling out of the bears draft party, and the Tittiess Tweet surfacing in the span of like 30 minutes.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I also am fine with the Lions pick although it hurts that Fields went in the division and I can only assume they made the wrong decision because they are the Lions.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know, I just realized it wasn't a bit, and his name is actually McCorkle.

BUT

MAC JONES
TOM BRADY

M=M, A=A, O=O
TB = CS

J N E vs R D Y
10 + 14 + 5 vs 18 + 4 + 25
= 29 vs 47
Mac Jones is 22, Brady is 43
29-22 = 7
47-43 = 4

Brady has 7 Rings, therefore by perfect numerology, Mac Jones will have 4.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

I also am fine with the Lions pick although it hurts that Fields went in the division and I can only assume they made the wrong decision because they are the Lions.

Lions drafting vs. The Bears Quarterback Ruining Power

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I curse the Chicago bears forever and ever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Fate Accomplice posted:

I curse the Chicago bears forever and ever.

Oh nooooo

*Tosses it in the pile of other curses on the bears*

It fits nicely next to the giant no good QB curse we've been under since the 40s

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Keep in mind, even if the Lions score 40+ points a game this season, they'd still probably go 7-10 because that defense is bad. "Mediocre" is probably the cap this season, and even that would be significantly overachieving.

But more importantly, the Lions have a ton of draft capital. We've got the Rams 1st rounders for both 2022 and 2023, and either of those would likely be more than enough to trade into the top ten if necessary.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

You know, I just realized it wasn't a bit, and his name is actually McCorkle.

BUT

MAC JONES
TOM BRADY

M=M, A=A, O=O
TB = CS

J N E vs R D Y
10 + 14 + 5 vs 18 + 4 + 25
= 29 vs 47
Mac Jones is 22, Brady is 43
29-22 = 7
47-43 = 4

Brady has 7 Rings, therefore by perfect numerology, Mac Jones will have 4.

Only 4 superbowls? This is going to be a difficult adjustment for you Pats fans. Just remember there's a community here to support you through these dire times.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Jaguars picked Trevor Lawrence at 1, which is OK I guess

I got pissed about them picking Etienne at 25 instead of Christian Barmore, Tevin Jenkins or Trevon Moerig but uh, turns out they still have the pick of all 3 at 33 and Etienne definitely wouldn't have been available, so gently caress me I gues

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami decided to put their medical staff to the test this draft.

Some of the names still available at LB, OT and WR is striking though.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The Eagles being dumb saved the Giants from one mistake, but then they were more than happy to make another one. At least the new GM next year gets an extra pick.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If we’re talking value, Newsome hitting is a longer cost savings than any DL who was on the board when we picked. Barmore is physically solid but not a guy you stick next to Garrett and Clowney with his tendency to freelance and go off script—can’t afford dudes who make mental errors and blow run fits or get levered when you only ever bring 4 in the rush.

Tufele, Togiai, and Daviyon Nixon all could fit very very well in the middle of that defense and do 95% of what Barmore does as anchors—don’t love onwurizike there since I think his role would be occupied where downs that they move clowney inside. I’m reeeeally hoping for one of them.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

this just looks wrong

i want it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kim Jong Il posted:

The Eagles being dumb saved the Giants from one mistake, but then they were more than happy to make another one. At least the new GM next year gets an extra pick.

I look forward to the 2x Giants games to evaluate that mistake. Personally I’m excited the Eagles drafted a bonafide receiver. I wish they hadn’t traded out of 6 and grabbed a Jammed Up Waffle but Smith will do well in the NFL and sets the stage for a franchise QB pick next season if Hurts is the guy I think he is.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I wanted fields but I get why they went with Horn. I'm ok with the pick. The defensive line is already sneaky nasty so investing in the secondary makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Some very good players left on the board. I was expecting Ojulari to go first round but I expect the leg condition spooked medical staff?

I wonder where Jenkins goes?