Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I wanted fields but I get why they went with Horn. I'm ok with the pick. The defensive line is already sneaky nasty so investing in the secondary makes sense.

I hope Horn and Chinn become good friends :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

McCorkle looks like a marshmallow and has questions, but I'm still super happy at addressing the QB issue at 15 and not giving up anything else vs. having to send a haul to move up to 4-10 range

Or getting a guard and an even more questionable guy, which would have been prime "bill outsmarting himself":
https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1388027024862814208

Kalli posted:

MAC JONES
TOM BRADY

M=M, A=A, O=O
TB = CS

J N E vs R D Y
10 + 14 + 5 vs 18 + 4 + 25
= 29 vs 47
Mac Jones is 22, Brady is 43
29-22 = 7
47-43 = 4

Brady has 7 Rings, therefore by perfect numerology, Mac Jones will have 4.
:hmmyes:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kinda hard to argue with the panthers judgement after last years draft.

Wonder what their trade down options were with horn.

Really wish Sewell had fallen. Kinda an embarrassment of riches in Detroit on that oline.

Dicks out for Darnold? Suck for Sam (Howell)?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I feel like I'm doomed to watch a good defense get wasted by a bad QB for eternity

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Pats needed a QB, Pats didn't do some typical cute Bill poo poo of trading back and picking through the bargain bin and just took a loving QB. And they didn't do a big trade for Jimmy G and his tissue paper joints.

I declare total victory. :master:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I've accepted that Mac Jones, and he may even be good
Moving quickly through the stages lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

McDorkle

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
After sleeping on it I'm pretty happy with picking Trey Lance. I hope Jimmy finds a nice home because it's time for the TREY AREA.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

After watching highlights of Waddle I'm convinced he will be a Hall of Famer

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao

https://twitter.com/CamronSanto/status/1387981388041777154

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't think I've ever so instantly disliked a guy lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Still wish the saints moved back and got some 2022 assets, sucks to have watched that thing for 4 hours just for payton and Loomis to hit the panic button

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hizawk posted:

The Lions had a great draft.

Definitely a good start to a new era.

A+.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1387988804653441024?s=19

The cutaway to Buff Coach being so excited to get Sewell was very :3:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Blowjob Overtime posted:

The cutaway to Buff Coach being so excited to get Sewell was very :3:

Brad Holmes was jacked about it too, it was amazing.

I was bummed the Sewell didn't fall to 8, but I hope he does well for Detroit :)

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm kinda annoyed that the Panthers decided not to protect Sam Darnold with Slater but I guess it pushed more offensive linemen down the board.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1388117035108868096

I think they're going to address it in the 2nd round. (unless they just take Richie Grant instead, in which case lol)

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 30, 2021

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm kinda annoyed that the Panthers decided not to protect Sam Darnold with Slater but I guess it pushed more offensive linemen down the board.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1388117035108868096

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Would have preferred a corner, but Collins looks good, and the run defense was also atrocious last year so shore up the whole thing I guess.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I have no idea how it will actually work out, but Zaven Collins and Isaiah Simmons is a super cool pairing

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

ozymandius1024 posted:

Brad Holmes was jacked about it too, it was amazing.

I was bummed the Sewell didn't fall to 8, but I hope he does well for Detroit :)

I think they're going to address it in the 2nd round. (unless they just take Richie Grant instead, in which case lol)

if Koramoah is still on the board there has to be a good shot we take him too.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

WR and Edge are two Ravens needs that are incredibly expensive to fill via free agency. Rashod Bateman has a high floor and is potentially a legit #1 WR. Jayson Oweh has a floor about 30 feet from the earth's core and a ceiling in the bosom of the angels. Both were expected by most to be off the board by the Ravens picks. I would have picked Teven Jenkins over Oweh myself but the logic of going after the more valuable positional value with a highly regarded prospect makes sense to me. Especially considering the o-line depth still available. This is a good stratedgy to keep the team talented when Lamar's pay day comes. Really good night.

General consensus on Twitter is disappointment at Owen vs Jenkins, but it’s not like edge wasn’t a serious need.

The truth is that Lamar can deal with some bad OL play and will have to, but the pass rush situation was looking dire this year. I hope they can sign Houston, too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

They want Richie Grant so bad.

I think I kinda get what the Panthers are gonna try to do this year, but they're going to need to find another workhorse RB to pull this off.

The defense is going to be good, maybe really good. They're going to run the ball thirty times a game and roll out Darnold a lot. It's going to be the TJax Seahawks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Well at least Jets fans can be comfortable that he won't get punched in the locker room. Looks like he'd make a perfect Wilson shaped dust cloud the second someone stopped cooing at him.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
MCCORKLE

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TheGreyGhost posted:

If we’re talking value, Newsome hitting is a longer cost savings than any DL who was on the board when we picked. Barmore is physically solid but not a guy you stick next to Garrett and Clowney with his tendency to freelance and go off script—can’t afford dudes who make mental errors and blow run fits or get levered when you only ever bring 4 in the rush.

Tufele, Togiai, and Daviyon Nixon all could fit very very well in the middle of that defense and do 95% of what Barmore does as anchors—don’t love onwurizike there since I think his role would be occupied where downs that they move clowney inside. I’m reeeeally hoping for one of them.

It's weird that I really don't like Barmore at all but still come away worried. That whole front 7 6 or 5 being mostly 1 year deals worries me. This dime zone base that's coming needs way better than some journeymen to run it. Oddly enough I found myself hoping for JOK despite knowing that he wasn't coming.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Decided the Lance pick is good. Lynch says they called about Rodgers, so they did due diligence. And well, I think Mac Jones will be okay, probably about as good as Ryan Tannehill. But the league is changing to one where having a QB who can run is valuable is a huge asset rather than just an intriguing concept.

My concern about Fields is that if he gets his bell rung it could trigger his epilepsy. Although I don't know if brain damage and seizures are linked for epileptic folks.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 30, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My concern about Fields is that if he gets his bell rung it could trigger his epilepsy. Although I don't know if brain damage and seizures are linked for epileptic folks.

brain damage CAN cause concussions, because you're changing the architecture of the brain

so can concussions, but I haven't seen any tonic clonics on the football field in my time watching

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And well, I think Mac Jones will be okay, probably about as good as Ryan Tannehill. But the league is changing to one where having a QB who can run is valuable is a huge asset rather than just an intriguing concept.

Print the shirts!!!

Also Tannehill is an athletic QB who can run so that's a weird comparison to make.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
Ya Tannehil was a wr in college so it is kinda a weird comp.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The NFL is dumb, but it was very cool to see two Hokies go back to back last night.

Vikings got a bona fide LT starter for a good long while, guy is smooth in pass pro and has the reach and hustle to impact the run game at the second level (just watch him moving dudes 20 yards downfield in the UNC & Miami games).

Titans maybe got a steal, really will just depend on if Farley can get healthy. I fully believe he can be the best corner out of this draft if he can, but if he can't he won't be in the league in 2 years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I mainly mean in terms of how they affect their teams.

Like Mac would be an upgrade if you're Washington . But so would Ryan Tannehill. Heck, so would Jimmy Garoppalo. You don't give up the farm for those guys, though.

What picks do the Niners have left? Wouldn't mind them grabbing a CB or a WR.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I feel kinda nauseous this morning and thought I was gonna barf but that might be food poisoning. :barf:

I hope DeVonta Smith is good and does not crumble into a pile of dust the first time he gets hit.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Vikings/status/1388143180902719493?s=19

Still happy they got Darrisaw at 23.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Mac ran the option in high school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uvvFgwBpsQ

3:15 or thereabouts (the first down vs auburn) was my favorite play of the year cuz lol gently caress em

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1388015001819131907

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
mad respect for that. gently caress everyone's inability to learn names, you're a goddamn NFL player now

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, good on him.

Hope he's ready for so much of this though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1RKkRCiU90

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

This slaps, and I'm really really mad that the Ravens took him because they're one of like 3 staffs out there that can probably develop him.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's weird that I really don't like Barmore at all but still come away worried. That whole front 7 6 or 5 being mostly 1 year deals worries me. This dime zone base that's coming needs way better than some journeymen to run it. Oddly enough I found myself hoping for JOK despite knowing that he wasn't coming.

I mean, yeah. We have like 4 corners now who I feel pretty solid about, and if Delpit is healthy he should be better than like Andrew loving Sendejo was. The 1 year deals suck, but I'm sort of expecting us to pull quite a few DT/DEs out of the rest of the draft just because the depth of the position is from the 2nd/3rd round value. I'm mortified at the idea of a defense where we ask Greedy to take part in run fits, but Woods is so committed to just blanket coverage above all else that we're probably going to drop 7 forever. There's just not high-end guys in the front 7 for early rounds.

Alternatively, draft Elijah Moore and find a way to make an offense entirely out of sub 6' receivers.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Odafe Oweh is a terrific name and is definitely superior to whatever a "Jayson" is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Marshall fits miamis needs way more but I can’t imagine they’ll be dragging a guy in the 2nd considering the OL and OLB talent still here.

Flores loves his pass rushers

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1388119810622607363?s=19

lol Oweh is cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I blame the Browns for grabbing the last first round CB, but woof what a reach.

I don't mind the player himself, but picking him at 28 was too drat high.