Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I play next in the C&C Universe?
This poll is closed.
Twisted Insurrection 8 8.00%
Mental Omega 12 12.00%
Renegade X 20 20.00%
The next official C&C game 56 56.00%
Other [Thread's choice] 4 4.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was going to mention audio desync but it looks like there was enough getting broken already :v:

I don't remember if there was any of that "can't believe they're turning a strategy game into an FPS" reaction you'd absolutely see today back then, or maybe I just wasn't old enough to care, but for the more than occasional jankiness of Renegade I've always enjoyed it even outside the multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Locke is the chief who is fed up with Parker's gungho attitude but also the guy who trusts him implicitly as soon as the shooting starts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think elevators are always at the top of the shaft and always go back up to the top a few seconds after reaching the bottom, even if you haven't gotten out yet. I'd guess that's probably because in multiplayer some of the MCT's are at the bottom of an elevator so if a player could hold them indefinitely at the bottom it would be bad.

The levels are impressive but they're too big, really. Or rather just big for being big without anything filling out the space.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Going back a video but I don't think any part of that mission in the mansion qualifies as stealth.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

UED Special Ops posted:

Maybe NOD was all out of their normal tactical nukes and used a 50s old Davy Crocket? Although even one of those probably would have done slightly more then the one from this mission. :confused:
Anyway, kinda of a fillerish mission here honestly, although man, had forgotten how... intense Mendoza's death is. Burned to a crisp and then flattened by a rock, yikes. Also, even after all this time will never get used to the sudden smash cut to the score screen the utter instant the final mission objective is cleared. As for how easily the Obelisk went down, from the looks of things it might not have had line of sight on your tank thanks to the building?

The Obelisk (and equivalent GDI defense structure) actually has a pretty short range. In multiplayer this was usually corrected for, or the attempt was made at least, by putting them around a corner so you couldn't shoot at it unless you were within its range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Acolytes followed by the Raveshaw boss fight is a terrific one-two punch of annoyance and frustration. If you're looking at the acolyte who shoots you you're momentarily blinded by the tiberium explosion and the indicator from the tick damage. I'd say it was a lucky break that Raveshaw grabbed a black hand instead of you but the entire boss fight comes down to luck anyways. He runs faster than you and the only way to "avoid" the grab is to continually trigger flinch animation by shooting him in the head.