Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I play next in the C&C Universe?
This poll is closed.
Twisted Insurrection 8 8.00%
Mental Omega 12 12.00%
Renegade X 20 20.00%
The next official C&C game 56 56.00%
Other [Thread's choice] 4 4.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

iwfan53 posted:

I love how at the end of the mission's opening cut scene we see the battle Havoc is about to join rendered via the original C&C interface engine, it is such a neat little touch.
Of course, if you're familiar with C&C you'll also recognize what a terrible base location that is. No wonder the attack failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

IIRC, elevators don't actually trigger on the use key - just approach/entry. The elevator at the bottom of the power plant should show up if you stand in front of the bar at the end of the hallway for a few seconds.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

The surprise snipers were definetly my number 1 cause of death back when I played this. The second was turning a corner and taking a rocket to the face.

IIRC the health/armor upgrades are +5 on normal difficulty, along with 100 base health/armor, and then hard difficulty reduces everything by 25%. (Of course, given my recollection of how elevators worked, this should probably be taken with a grain of salt.)

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

I enjoy the little touch of Raveshaw having a statue of himself - but taller - in front of his mansion.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Aftermath:

With Dr. Mobius rescued and the Powered Armor Suit recovered, it is time for

[DEATHS: 11]
I feel like something's missing here (as funny as it is this way).

Loxbourne posted:

There's no music in this level because the blaring alarm and background mutant growls replace the track (and this level looks rather like last-minute filler, frankly).
I remember the track "Sneak Attack" playing in this level.