Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I play next in the C&C Universe?
This poll is closed.
Twisted Insurrection 8 8.00%
Mental Omega 12 12.00%
Renegade X 20 20.00%
The next official C&C game 56 56.00%
Other [Thread's choice] 4 4.00%
Total: 100 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Renegade's very finnicky on its audio
No kidding, there's a conversation somewhere in the campaign that I've only ever managed to get to play properly exactly once despite trying dozens of times. The closest I've gotten to repeating that I got three words from it before it cut off again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mission 01: Rescue and Retribution
I'm jealous, you actually got that conversation to play! For some reason the three soldiers in front of the tiberium field always get alerted before I got within eavesdropping range.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The elevator in the power plant isn't broken, it just has no location indicator, a weirdly shaped "door" and takes a while to travel so I can see why that would be confusing. The hand of Nod in this level is also sort of unique in that it's one of the very few buildings directly integrated into its surroundings with the walls blocking off the tunnel from the rest of the base. Other buildings follow the RTS "rule" of being all free standing.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
You can blow up the big turret by throwing c4 straight up while standing under it. Doing so is even a tertiary objective.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Ammo shortages is mostly a result of playing on commando, it greatly reduces the time you have to pick up drops so you lose out on a lot of ammo if you're killing enemies at medium or long range.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
This level features the first of two otherwise multiplayer only weapons in the hands of an npc: the shotgun. I can see why they'd want to introduce it in this fairly compact indoors level but decided against it because the low ammo capacity would lead to lots of awkward reloads at point blank range.

The map layout is indeed confusing but gets somewhat easier if you visualize it sideways as a grid: The ship is laid out in rows of compartments and columns of decks. Most decks beside the red keycard return path from the bridge to the submarine pool are all connected within their compartment.

There are indeed 4 helicopters, though only the last one will attack you/has an objective for you to kill it.

As to the nature of the ship, between the submarine dock and there being weapon systems all over the so called "cargo ship", I'd assume that is a deliberate misrepresentation by NOD to disguise the fact that it's used as mobile helipad and submarine base. The only cargo containers on the deck are arrayed in a hollow figure 8 around the helipad and SAM launcher to obscure them from view.

Lastly, there's a funny typo in the subtitles at the end of the mission:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I think the game intends you do visit the chateau escapee before dealing with the obelisk because the new weapon is amazing against helicopters.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Did you skip the library because you want to show off the new weapon in a later mission or just that guide lacking info on tertiary objectives again?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I don't think there's enemy Black Hand units at all in the boss room, having one decloak just in time to conveniently get grabbed is just what Raveshaw's ranged attack looks like.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
And here's the second weapon that only shows up in enemy hands in the campaign: The railgun, Nod's equivalent of the PIC(though the game adds it under the sniper rifle keybind). It's used by one of the snipers on top of the communications array. He actually drops it on death but there's no way to get up there and pick it up yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

THE BAR posted:

Renegade is the only C&C title that doesn't have all sides playable.
Yuri's Revenge?

Also Tiberian Sun/Firestorm if you include the Forgotten.