Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
thinking about playing some advance wars as sami today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

i gues we can all agree gamers must be stopped

should be easy, the coddled cod players of the modern era would be easily crushed by even a middling archvile trap

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

An Enders Game reveal that every game of Call of Duty has been real and that the players have been controlling murderbots that are doing wars for oil except instead of being inconsolably distraught it's every teenager in america high-fiving

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

An Enders Game reveal that every game of Call of Duty has been real and that the players have been controlling murderbots that are doing wars for oil except instead of being inconsolably distraught it's every teenager in america high-fiving

Actually it's Tetris and it turns out we've been trying to build something on the mood but it keeps tetrising itself to death.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

should be easy, the coddled cod players of the modern era would be easily crushed by even a middling archvile trap

wrong, most doom 1 and 2 fans would be easily dispatched by the insane reaction and aim skills of the average cod teen

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Except for the very loud and angry minority that sends death threats to reviewers for not giving perfect marks to their favorite multi-million dollar franchise, does anyone really read or care about reviews?

Ideally they would provide more exposure to lesser known games and help people know before they went in stuff like Cyberpunk being a bugfest (though i think people expected that? not a game I cared much about)

It also does lead to situations like that one review of fire emblem fates where the reviewer complained about how it was too hard when he put it on hard and classic mode.

Simone Magus posted:

I definitely "get" what's "going down" here today

It's definitely "not" alienating

Are you going to just keep making passive aggressive posts about people not loving game reviews or what?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

A fun prompt: which game would be the funniest if it were revealed to be a test to find the person capable of solving some real-life issue

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

as a 30 year old who only became decent at FPS as of Overwatch both would destroy me, body and soul

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Soda Drinker Pro

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

wrong, most doom 1 and 2 fans would be easily dispatched by the insane reaction and aim skills of the average cod teen

"hey kids these days are weak" i say as RobloxKid11 snipes me from one county away within a second of round start

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of hidden bangers. Hideki Naganuma of Jet Set Radio fame submitted this to some rando mobile game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8efRFhEcuQ

Me @ the 1:10 mark

Speaking of bad mobile games with amazing music, keiichi okabe did excellent work on both sinoalice and nier re[in]carnation.

Sinoalice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7hp-QymQd8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRluBhfsJ_U

re[in]carnation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPFe2gezgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5LSaLe-9Pw

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

homeless snail posted:

set my barracks to make infinite marines and send them directly into the enemy base. thank you for your services

using sensei's co power to block tanks and antiair en masse. they're blown away in a second but there's no end to my supply. godspeed

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

A fun prompt: which game would be the funniest if it were revealed to be a test to find the person capable of solving some real-life issue

america 's army

May 8, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

animal crossing players are designing the interiors for show homes and hotel rooms

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Wasn't this Black Ops 3?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Turns out that World of Warcraft is a single player game testing out various types of interactive AI on you, the unassuming Orc.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have never been killed in cod, i'm the superior gamer

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'm not saying videogames make you violent but i am saying i wouldn't trust someone who is good at fps around my kids and wouldn't hire them and they shouldn't be allowed to vote, but i'm not calling them monsters since that would be rude to monsters. is killing someone in a videogame as bad as doing so in real life? anyone who isn't abjectly evil would agree there is no difference, and especially in the eyes of god where a thought about crime is equivalent to doing it. all im saying is if people who are good at shooters want to be treated better maybe they should take it easy on me and let me get a few kills now and then, is that so much to ask?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh you want to babysit my kids huh? whats your rank in babysitting mama

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

america 's army

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i can stop the baby from killing itself in about 1/3rds of my rounds as daddy in "Who's Your Daddy?!"

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Good at Peggle? Nice try, witch! Have a nice time tied to this burning stake!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

oh you want to babysit my kids huh? whats your rank in babysitting mama

Speaking of stux calling out Giant Bomb at being bad at games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

well I've been playing a lot of hitman 3 lately~

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

well I've been playing a lot of hitman 3 lately~

If you get enough kills with the piano wire you unlock a special new mission where you have to break into a prison and assassinate a special target, but it's kind of easy, you can just totally ignore the security cameras because they dont work right for some reason

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you get enough kills with the piano wire you unlock a special new mission where you have to break into a prison and assassinate a special target, but it's kind of easy, you can just totally ignore the security cameras because they dont work right for some reason

lol

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

dwarf fortress

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

the computer industry is secretly built on the backs of zachtronics

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Do you guys put your highscores under “Skills” or under its own header?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Jay Rust posted:

Do you guys put your highscores under “Skills” or under its own header?

I find it easier to simply list my Gamerscore

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Gal Gun of course.

Also, Receiver 2 eventually reveals itself to be that, explaining all the things it has told you about fighting depression and suicidal thoughts in yourself or others can be applied in a plane of existence beyond the game's universe, before booting you out of the game.

May 8, 2006

i need to spend a bit more time with fatum betula but playing it i spend a lot of time thinking about how much more i like the flatter/more abstract spaces of old games. this is assuredly from decades of soaking my brain in them but i can more clearly recall the little clearing with a pond and a cat person or the lake island house in FB more than the extremely detailed areas of modern games i've played equally recently. this isn't really a judgement call saying that they're better, and more saying that i'm glad stuff like FB/the modern 'boomer shooter' renaissance exist because they trend toward looking more like how i want a video game to look.

related, though i think i like a couple of other battle royales better as games, i don't think any have put out a map with as much charm as erangel. for me, at least, the map has (had if they changed it i guess) the right mix of kind of looking like poo poo while also having a fuckload of memorable and interesting locations. i can't quite put my finger on why exactly i think the map works so well. erangel feels like a map you have to play pubg around, while stuff like apex has maps that were made to play apex in, if that distinction makes any sense to anyone else.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

trauma center

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If your gamerscore isn't above 25,000 by the age of 22 you're never gonna retire

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Those cell phone games where you play as a 17th century Korean concubine or whatever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

i need to spend a bit more time with fatum betula but playing it i spend a lot of time thinking about how much more i like the flatter/more abstract spaces of old games. this is assuredly from decades of soaking my brain in them but i can more clearly recall the little clearing with a pond and a cat person or the lake island house in FB more than the extremely detailed areas of modern games i've played equally recently. this isn't really a judgement call saying that they're better, and more saying that i'm glad stuff like FB/the modern 'boomer shooter' renaissance exist because they trend toward looking more like how i want a video game to look.

related, though i think i like a couple of other battle royales better as games, i don't think any have put out a map with as much charm as erangel. for me, at least, the map has (had if they changed it i guess) the right mix of kind of looking like poo poo while also having a fuckload of memorable and interesting locations. i can't quite put my finger on why exactly i think the map works so well. erangel feels like a map you have to play pubg around, while stuff like apex has maps that were made to play apex in, if that distinction makes any sense to anyone else.

i think part of it is the people interested in making those kind of throwback games now probably just have a bit more interest in making weird spaces. esp in fatum, thats clearly the thing the dev wanted more than anything

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

post the most fatum betula screenies u got

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Katamari Damacy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJ1yAJ5NAE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I saw the comments about Danganronpa (sp?) earlier and I agree: I did actually play the game and stopped playing after the second or third execution in which someone got turned into "delicious butter" by going around and around very fast, and then was eaten on toast. I didn't like it, it was gross and the plot didn't seem like it was worth playing to see.