Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Never played a mass effect before so this month I am looking forward to trying these remasters! You can import your party from the game to game right? Any non-spoilery tips on what to start with if I'm going to be playing all 3 games with the same character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

also apparently the game is still full of unity store assets so it doesn't really seem to have come very far from a polish standpoint

Ah, blast. Guess it's worth waiting on for a bit longer. Thanks for the heads up.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Zaphod42 posted:

Which dot hack is it? It really matters.

Actually I guess it doesn't lol, none of them are really that great.

Or just put it on switch! It has a touch screen!

The remaster of dot Hack Gu, it has all of them apparently (I have never touched a game in the series)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Me taking pictures in New Pokemon Snap

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Me taking pictures in New Pokemon Snap

lmao

It's true

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

Nintendo 69

Nice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nice swinub picture

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The remaster of dot Hack Gu, it has all of them apparently (I have never touched a game in the series)

Its a crazy series. I've only played the original 4, infection, mutation, outbreak, quarantine. They're really cool games with a cool story but repetitive gameplay.

The GU games are a whole followup series, rebirth, reminisce, redemption, reconnection. New characters and new story. I've heard some good and bad things about it but haven't played them myself.

The overall conceit of the games is basically that of Sword Art Online, there's a big matrix-like virtual world MMO that people log into but then some people get trapped inside of. They're single player RPGs that do some things to make the NPCs feel like they're other PC players in an MMO playing with you. Kinda cool concept.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Touch fuzzy get STD

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

untzthatshit posted:

Never played a mass effect before so this month I am looking forward to trying these remasters! You can import your party from the game to game right? Any non-spoilery tips on what to start with if I'm going to be playing all 3 games with the same character?

My class of choice is Vanguard. You get a good mix of the gun stuff and the biotic powers and the tech stuff is kinda boring to specialize in and your party members can do it instead.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

.hack is a tricky series because in order to get to the parts of the story that are actually cool you have to veer out of the games into some of the anime/manga/novels. Like, the ultimate joke about The World is "why would all these people play an MMO that can cause you to go comatose and not just play something else" is answered in the extended universe: the universe of .hack happens after a worldwide crisis where the internet is completely locked down and a very small number of people are allowed to make website, and so The World is like, literally one of if not the only games

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

untzthatshit posted:

Engineer is Space Wizard (fireballs and what not)
Adept is also space wizard but more like, Magneto.
Sentinel is like Engineer but you get other awesome perks like holographic armor

Those are the most interesting 3 imo

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
0h yeah and Vanguard owns too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vanguard in the first Mass Effect isn't anything remarkable, although you get access to Warp/Throw and Pistols which is basically all you need for that game. ME2 is where Vanguards really come into their own with biotic charge and shotgun synergy. And ME3 Vanguards are basically telehacks.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can be one class in ME1, a different class in me2 and another class in me3. So play what you want for 1, and vanguard for 2 and 3.

Edit: I played ME3 for the first time, from like 2016-2020 and enjoyed it. It's not bad. 2 is the best one though, and 1 was absolutely amazing when it came out but is a bit dated now. Tip for #1: If you find driving the mako too hard... you're not jumping enough. Bounce bounce bounce.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Just play Soldier, everyone loves Soldier

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pick your class to synergize with your preferred party members imo

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

redreader posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can be one class in ME1, a different class in me2 and another class in me3. So play what you want for 1, and vanguard for 2 and 3.

Oh ok, yeah in that case I gotta be a space wizard at least once!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Vanguard is fine in ME1. ME1 combat sucks but it lets you deploy a shield strong enough to just sponge everything and ignore it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I will never understand people who stick with the same party all game, instead of rotating members

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know what it's gonna be like in the remaster but ME1 Adepts were hilarious because the powers were based on actually modifying the physics of the game simulation so it would often glitch out and make the enemy models launch into walls at 10,000mph

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

hit em with the good stuff

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I will never understand people who stick with the same party all game, instead of rotating members

if a game wants me to use everyone then everyone will get full exp from every fight

though bizarrely I'm able to make an exception for tactics rpgs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Liara is the most OP squadmate in ME1 because she gets access to Singularity, the most OP ability in the game that you can also give to yourself as an Adept.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving DID IT I FINISHED HOLLOW KNIGHT :woop:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
For ME1, choose paragon or renegade at the start and stick with it, they're totally divergent paths and having 50% of each will shut you out of a mission or two. The other games add more nuance

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hit em with the good stuff

Did I do that? :smug:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well according to my real-time P5R playthrough I guess I'm making shoyu ramen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I got these 2 puzzle boxes in the mail, they're pretty neat. Already solved them but puzzle boxes are cool.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

I got these 2 puzzle boxes in the mail, they're pretty neat. Already solved them but puzzle boxes are cool.

Does throwing them at a wall solve them?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

stev posted:

That seems like a personal decision, I don't think the Grand Council of Puzzle Solvers is going to be worried about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Did the spirit of a pharaoh possess you at any point

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

stev posted:

it solves the wall

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

stev posted:

Technically yes but in reality no because the final puzzle is to use a thing you find inside of it to go to a special website to put in your solve time, though that part is optional and the puzzle box itself is complete by the time you get that little hidden piece and that is not something easily fixed by throwing it at a wall.

Waffleman_ posted:

Did the spirit of a pharaoh possess you at any point

No, I am not cool enough to be possessed by ancient egyptian leaders who play death gambling games and, eventually, children's card games, and sometimes death gambling children's card games.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

I am not cool enough

Sounds like something someone who was about to get possessed by an ancient egyptian leader would say

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This month I'm going to buy World's End Club. The Famicom Detective Club games are on my wishlist but I'm not sure.

Unrelated, my son is hooked on Ace Attorney now. :)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Walla posted:

Unrelated, my son is hooked on Ace Attorney now. :)

Excellent!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sounds like something someone who was about to get possessed by an ancient egyptian leader would say

How about "I'm too white" instead

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

loving DID IT I FINISHED HOLLOW KNIGHT :woop:

:toot:

I almost accidentally reported this post instead of quoting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I played Infiltrator in all 3 games and it was great