Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Played Resogun today for the first time in years and got through easy mode on my first go (looks like I'd never beaten stage 4 or 5 years back). I'm gonna choose to believe that I've gotten better at games since 2014 and not that they made easy a little easier. That game is really fun and still looks gorgeous.

There are lots of really well made custom ships in there. If you wanna play through the game as The Simpsons on their couch, or as Ryu throwing a Hadoken, or as an X Wing, the community has you covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't know how many times I have to post this but the narrative that Pokémon Snap is too short or doesn't have enough content to be worth 60$ is just plain wrong. Yes, you can finish the story in a couple of days, I did it myself to make sure I unlocked all the areas and upgrades. But that's not the point of the game - the point is the absolutely staggeringly massive number of different pictures to find. And they're hard. I have hundreds of requests at this point hinting me towards special photos and I'm stumped by so many of them. I think I've still yet to grasp just how drastically you can manipulate Pokémon behavior to get these crazy things to happen. It's gonna take me a long time to get everything.

Ha, this sounds a lot like Hitman.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I said come in! posted:

How is Risk of Rain 2?

I played a bunch of this a few months ago and my best advice is don't play the final level for a while. The end of stage teleporter thingy on stage 5 can be activated before you start it up and it'll let you loop back to stage 1 over and over. The goal there is to just become absurdly powerful until the game catches up and kills you.

The final level isn't very fun and it's less fun the longer it takes you to get there. The final boss guy will have so much health that you literally shoot him for 15-20 minutes if you wait too long. That's why I recommend just looping over and over until you get used to the different items and characters.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Much like the back and forth of the combat in the game, I go from feeling like I'm a full on Shinobi and anything in my path will be cut to feeling like a total clown who exists to receive punishment.

My minor nitpick of Sekiro is that most of the bosses have names where I can't remember who I've fought. I'll hear someone mention Gyouba and go, wait, did I fight him or am I mixing him up with Ryouga or someone?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

HIS NAME IS

GYOBU
MASATAKA
ONIWAA

:cheeky:

I mean, just need to spend more time paying attention to Japanese names.

Haha apparently it's Gyoubu so combined we know his name!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Just looked up the difference between reptiles and amphibians. Amphibians are better at fractions while reptiles are better at scale factors.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Aww dang. I've listened to thousands of hours of Giant Bomb over the years. It's always been a bummer when someone leaves there because I've liked hearing them chat. I follow them less for video game coverage and more just to hear them chat about stuff.

I guess that leaves Jeff G, Jason, Jan, and Jeff Bakalar. Very J-centric group.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Lol that's hilarious.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Mandalore Gaming did 3 videos all about Thief 1-3 that were pretty thorough. He jokes at the end of the third vid about how maybe someday they'll revisit the series, and then saying "what are you talking about, no they didn't, moving on."

So, having never played Thi4f, what was so terrible about it. I kinda remember the press previews seeming positive on it prior to release but then it released with a resounding thud.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I'm surprised they didn't just wait a while and hope something distracted people from their crummy change. I'm not gonna applaud doing a poo poo thing and reversing course, but I'm surprised.

I'm reminded of this Simpsons gag:
https://youtu.be/q8AULZ2le28

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'm not restarting my sub, but they also haven't said anything about the cap to charity they put in that was also bad right?

The tone of that statement is very "oh we went too far but we'll be changing it again in some way in the future."

This quoted text isn't all that clear:

quote:

Today, we’ll be turning sliders back on for all customers on our bundle pages while we take more time to review feedback and consider sliders and the importance of customization for purchases on bundle pages in the long term.

In the coming weeks, we’ll roll out the updated design which will include sliders that work exactly as they did previously. 

So today sliders are back on but that final sentence makes it sound like they're not working how they did before for weeks. :shrug:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I think on the GB Quick Look they said that if you got a pic that fulfills a request before you actually got the request it won't count and you'll have to take a new pic to get credit. Not sure if that helps or not.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Lol, how long has this Info Broker been at the Temple in Sekiro? I'm betting he came here right after I helped him outside of the castle and I didn't notice for several hours. I'm always amazed at things I miss in games. I didn't notice the child Lord of Cinder in the chair in Dark Souls 3 for many hours either.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Lol were you being sarcastic or did you also miss that he's not short so much as everything below his waist is gone?

Ha, I did notice his legs were totally gone but didn't notice him in the chair until I'd restored one of the other Lords. I was like "oh hey, have you been here this whole time?"

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

To further dunk on myself, I watched at least two seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race before I realized the joke in the repeated mantra that a great Drag Queen must possess Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

VideoGames posted:

If you have a birthday, happy birthday!
If it is not for a while, happy birthday for then!
If we have missed it, happy birthday for back then!

Just thinking about Sekiro and something I really appreciate about the bosses with a phase two is that most of the time they are not drastically different but merely have a few bits of evolution on the moves they made before.
Just watching Owl #2 fight again and so many of his moves just had the tiniest flourish in his second phase in both of hit fights, so you know if you can beat phase one then you have a very good chance of phase two and adapting to these little differences is the point of being a Shinobi :)

A neat touch I noticed with the fight with Genichiro on top of Ashina Castle is that in phase two he loses all of his armor and the game reflects this change by having him take more posture and health damage than when he was fully armored.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I hadn't drank an energy drink in 15 years or so but then after playing a bunch of Death Stranding and really enjoying it I decided to find out what a Monster Energy tasted like. (Hey, even dumb marketing works apparently)

I didn't like it at all. Really sweet but to the point that it was gross. Watering it down with ice didn't help. Felt wired from the caffeine but sluggish from all of the sugar. Didn't think it'd be my thing but I was surprised by how bad it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

While playing RE Village I thought it would be great with a gyro aiming option. Looked in the menus and sure enough there's a "Motion Sensor Camera Mode."

It's terrible.

Instead of working in conjunction with the right stick to fine tune aiming, the option disables the right stick completely and makes all camera and aiming controls use motion controls exclusively. It doesn't really work at all. If you want to turn around you have to crank the controller all the way to one side and wait for the character to turn like you're making a long sweeping turn in Mario Kart Wii. I'm surprised it's even an available option considering how unusable it is.