Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

really torn on this poll i gotta say

kirby is very strong, but Clefairy can cast Metronome and Jigglypuff can sing (and has attitude) which are very powerful moves

hmm. kirby is what i named my cat, though. so i think i'm gonna have to give it to him.

edit: aw dang jigglypuff has no votes yet.

yall are gonna regret that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I played Infiltrator in all 3 games and it was great

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought and started pokemon snap and i gotta say this is very chill and cute :unsmith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Arzaac posted:

I was playing pokemon snap earlier and man. just felt like a kid again

just like, jumping in my seat at all the cool pokemon I can take pictures of

i was very tired today after eating too much and playing 4 hours of dnd and getting my 2nd vaccine shot yesterday, so my brain was in full derp mode, but this game is kinda perfect to just veg out with. had a big dumb smile on my face the whole time. can't wait to see more pokemon

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

How is Risk of Rain 2?

very fun game, there's tons of items to play with and if you get frustrated with not getting the items you want you can turn on artifacts that make getting those items easier! def one of my favorite games of the last few years

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this game is good.

Todd showed up as well! he's all grown up!!! :unsmith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Alpha is a pretty cool Chocobo.

Look at that adorable mug.

i would die for this bird

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

got that poster on the wall in my house :3:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

WTH is FFXIV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGRjdBmSCDA

a good game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Never played it but that's a cool video. Makes you appreciate how there are these massive worlds out there that gamers are exploring and making memories in every day, must be cool to be on the dev team for something like that and see how the players have taken your work and made it into something more.

i think the reason i like this video so much is cause it really kind of distills the game down to its core: one hell of an adventure. seeing those sprouts at the very end, knowing that they've got so much ahead of them, makes me tear up.

man what a good game.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Feels like America is the Wal-Mart of the world

correct

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ive only eaten like a whole, two candies in my life

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

30% drop in 3 years doesn't seem catastrophic to me given they haven't put out anything major in that time (yes, W3R's colossal failure notwithstanding)

the only things keeping them alive are WoW Classic and Shadowlands, and thats barely. i don't think diablo immortal is going to do well at all.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeah man, Blizzard is just barely hanging on.

alright sure, they're not in any danger of actually going out of business any time soon. the article was about a 30% loss in active users, which is a pretty significant drop. they're still making millions because they've gotten very good at squeezing money out of players.

edit: gasp. i'm a bingo buddy! my day is made

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

xedo posted:

It's not intuitive, but let's say you get vivillion in the first level - you still want to take pictures of it at every star level every level afterwards it exists on to get more points. If you only submit photos for monsters and star levels you don't yet have your progress is slow.

Basically each route wants you to submit a full pokedex worth of pictures for all the monsters on that route. (You don't have to actually replace your best photo, just submit the picture).

Even doing that I'm usually running a route 2-3 times, but I'm getting closer to 15k points than 3k points on retreads.

can't you only submit one picture per pokemon? like if i take 4 pictures of vivillon at each star level in the route i can only submit one.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

the water levels have Mareanie chasing down anything smaller than them.

but the professor said it was just a friendly game of tag :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

also i know i've completed some of these requests in pokemon snap but they are not marked down as complete and i dunno why :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

like i got the perfect shot of pigeot grabbing the magikarp but it didn't loving count!! i've had that request for a while too

but i did figure out you can use the Dpad buttons to turn the camera around faster and man i wish i had known that sooner

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like refried beans, green beans, and black eyed peas which are not peas but a bean

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

What things are so offensive you can't say them somewhere and what is wrong with somewhere that things cannot be said? This is in court, right, why should there possibly be anything prohibited from saying if it's relevant to the case? Is the judge going to cry and explode if they have to hear Titty McFuckButts and The Seven Slurs of Slazkaban? Some truly horrible things happen and have to be examined in court, do they sometimes go "sorry, the accused did poo poo so offensive we can't even tell you about it"

the lawyer is just being overly dramatic to make the other side look bad

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

beat Pokemon Snap, and am probably going to put it down after looking at the literal 150 requests i have not completed

good game though :unsmith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

from the brief moments of streams i saw of it and general discord chatter about it, it looked absolutely awful lmao

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

good evening thread i'd like to let everyone know that i'm having a Nice Time playing Vermintide 2, even by myself queueing with pubbies. they all seem to know where to go when i very clearly do not!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have never had a single drink of alcohol in my life so i cannot participate in this conversation!

i thought about buying pack of Vermintide 2 DLC but then decided i'll maybe wait for it to go on sale

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

In Sea of Thieves if you get too drunk your character will constantly projectile vomit and if you hit someone in the face it blinds them for a second so naturally whenever I'm not piloting the ship I am the worst shipmate of all time.

you can puke into your bucket and save it for an opportune moment later :ssh:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

VideoGames posted:

I am teetotal, but my vice is that I love ginger beer pepsi max the most. Followed by strawberry second. It is a shame you can only get strawberry max on fountains and not to take home.

yesss. teetotal buddies :hfive:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i didn't like Outer Wilds' timer because i think and explore very methodically, i like to clean out a location from top to bottom in one go, and the game says no, you are too slow. start over. which absolutely kills my thought process, my focus, and my will to try again.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

The Base Game Is Good, though

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the first 30 hours of the game are way less boring if you start in Limsa Lominsa cause you get to enjoy all the pirates swearing at you all the time.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

urianger just waits until the last minute then teleports across. he's so cool.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

sorry shtolas the coolest, because even though she could do that she instead chooses to just confidently stride down the beam at her own pace

i feel like she might be slightly adverse to teleportation spells at this point, for reasons

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i got a purple parse for the first time on DNC tonight and im feelin nice

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tonight my friends and i played a rousing game of Battlegroup, the Lancer space fleet combat spin off, and we won in spectacular fashion and no ships of any importance were lost

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what is victoria i've never heard of it

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

free cat

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i pick yoshi

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I made the mistake of googling FF14 character classes and oh my you can be an Archer, I could use an MMO in my life....

i've figured out that if you actually want to start FF14 the best way to do so is to pick Marauder as your first class, then switch to whatever you want later (like rogue at level 10 or archer at 15 when you can travel to the other cities).

this is because Limsa Lominsa is the best and most fun starting city, and marauder lets you swing a big axe and be tanky.

if you start with archer you have to start in Gridania, which according to empirical data (my friend) is boring and lame. be a pirate instead.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I have started up ff14 as a little person arcanist and i hope to have a good time

i also hope you have a good time :kimchi:

unfortunately tonight is maintenance for the patch tomorrow morning, so now we're all bereft

but i got a couple new outfits for my own popoto today!

i'm not in any of the goon guilds but i am on excalibur, hit me up (Kerrzhe Snowblade) if you ever need anything :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

For Final Fantasy XIV, that new small bunny looking race, are they going to be playable with the new expansion?

nope, they're going to be an npc faction to do daily quests for on the moon

the only new race option we're getting is male viera, which are still bunnies, but taller.