Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I finally finished radiant historia last month. It was neat, had some cool stuff, story kept doing this thing where I wished they would just get on with the twists and reveals though since it was so heavily foreshadowed that it was getting annoying seeing them dance around different reveals. Also Aht was incredibly annoying.

I dunno if I'll do the extra content (this is the 3DS version with the extra story stuff), can any of you tell me if it is worth playing through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy bday

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I got these 2 puzzle boxes in the mail, they're pretty neat. Already solved them but puzzle boxes are cool.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

stev posted:

Does throwing them at a wall solve them?

Technically yes but in reality no because the final puzzle is to use a thing you find inside of it to go to a special website to put in your solve time, though that part is optional and the puzzle box itself is complete by the time you get that little hidden piece and that is not something easily fixed by throwing it at a wall.

Waffleman_ posted:

Did the spirit of a pharaoh possess you at any point

No, I am not cool enough to be possessed by ancient egyptian leaders who play death gambling games and, eventually, children's card games, and sometimes death gambling children's card games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sounds like something someone who was about to get possessed by an ancient egyptian leader would say

How about "I'm too white" instead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing this little casual weapon shop management sim called "Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!" and hoo boy. The game is trying so hard to be funny and it just isn't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, how are you all doing tonight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

How're you doin First?

Feeling kinda bleh, but that's because I've been playing Tales of Maj'Eyal and the game's story can be pretty heavy at times. Spoiler warning for the game's plot.

It's a frustrating thing because the game basically sets up a scenario where it is orcs vs all other races and the orcs make it clear that they will stop at nothing to kill any non-orc and that they were responsible for neverending massacres across the continent. So all the non-orcs got together and fought back until they genocided the orcs, and then the orcs survived through the genocide and were going to take revenge on all non-orcs for trying to wipe them out. Then a minority group within the orcs who were themselves not opposed to peace and were noted as being intelligent and discriminated against by the rest of the orcs but said other orcs were not in concentration camps because after the main game's campaign, the non-orcs decided that they could either let the orcs go free to continue trying to murder them as they always have, wipe them out then and there, or do some mass hypnosis stuff to keep them nonviolent and peaceful in concentration camps. Then they get rescued by the minority orcs and the undead minotaurs and then they all go on to wipe out the non-orcs in the area as revenge and the cycle of genocide goes on. Plus one of the reasons the minority orcs are mad is because they were attacked by the people they had some peace with except it turns out the people that attacked them were only disguised as those people so the whole thing is a misunderstanding that just leads to even more genocide attempts from both sides and it is exhausting playing through the game and knowing that from a plot perspective, everything sucks, anyone who is potentially good is dead or is going to die by your hands, and evil people will die too but the cycle of death continues. It'd be one thing if the orcs were ever characterized as being anything other than ravenous murder-hungry beasts but instead it just feels like the game isn't handling the subject well. It basically comes off as it objectively stating that orcs only want to murder so concentration camps are the only option to stop them and I just wish that if they were going to go with the "put them in death camps" stuff that they wouldn't also make the victims so horrendously evil and writing a situation where the most humane action is a loving concentration camp. And then having the player fight back to rescue the cartoonishly evil orcs so that they can go back to trying to kill everything.

Sorry, just needed to vent. I really enjoy the game and there are some neat story things but that spoilered poo poo really bothers me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

snakes aren't good at math, it could live anywhere else!!

You never heard of an adder before?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Tales of Maj'Eyal update

People casually wearing hobbit feet as good luck charms

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fed a cat some troll intestines earlier, now he's in my house 3 floors below the bottom of a lake

Can't interact with him though :(

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 3, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

i would die for this bird

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Adol needs to be legally barred from ever boarding a ship

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The opening bit of the sonic unleashed night level battle music is burned into everyone's mind forever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So Tales of Maj'Eyal has various seasonal/holiday events and it's May 4th somewhere so I found this guy while dungeon crawling.

The problem: this particular map is an arena where the outer ring is inaccessible and filled with neutral spectators. The player can't get over there. The wall blocks any move that would dig through it, teleport past it, or any move that could attack through or over it. So there's a stormtrooper just going around killing all of the people at this arena and I can't stop him and we can't even attack each other.

I'm sure there'll be others who'll spawn in reachable locations later but this was the first time I found a stormtrooper in this game so it was just an odd surprise.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Nutrageous bars are one of my favorite candy treats, up there with twix, kit kats, saltwater taffy, french burnt peanuts, and jordan almonds

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Seriously though, any of you ever had jordan almonds or french burnt peanuts? They so fuckin good, but 2 completely different candy + nut experiences.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Necco wafers were something I wouldn't go out of my way to buy but if I had them then sure I'd eat them and they'd be fine.

I've had the candy lego bricks before and they're nothing special outside of the gimmick of building with them but the puzzling thing was where I had them. They were offered as a topping at a frozen yogurt place. As I quickly found out, they were an absolutely terrible topping because they were just big unbreakable brick chunks mixed with frozen yogurt.

Has anyone actually had those candy ufos? The name I usually see them called by is satellite wafers but they're just these candy saucers/ufos/discs. I've seen them before at various stores but never actually seen anyone getting them.

Also, any of you ever had Turkish Taffy? I only had it once but it was alright, though iirc it isn't actually taffy and also isn't Turkish.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh and of course

The skittles video game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I was about 8 or 9 my neighbor pranked me by giving me a warhead and telling me they weren't sour because he knew I didn't like sour candy. When I spit it out and said he lied to me, he told me to put it in water to get rid of the sour part and then it'd be fine so I tried it and it was still really sour and terrible.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna post one of my fave Ys songs. It's pretty rad as the penultimate boss music but I think what really does it for me is how it starts up with synth seagull noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzfodAERwuU

Walla posted:

Weird question but does anyone know what happened to Infinitum? He kinda disappeared?

I hope they're doing okay. Same with Stux and Oddium, haven't seen them around for a while.

Who else is missing? I apologize to those I've forgotten but I hope they're all doing okay.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 4, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it's true, the article specifies that each current member of blizzard will be liquified and fed to bobby kotick as a smoothie

People smoothies are gross, I prefer McMishima burgers.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember remember the 5th of Mayvember

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I did all the sidequests and got all the endings and bonus content stuff in radiant historia perfect chronology, now I can put it away and move on to a different game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Biohazard, Bioshock, Biomutant? Meet your new baby brother, Biofist

Where does this fit in

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhgHzuPYiI

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When we gonna get Mario Cricket huh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

the best pokemon isn't in snap, unfortunately

Dunsparce?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fought some more stormtroopers in ToME from the star wars event they're doing.

R2D2 gonna help me tear poo poo up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

No One Can Stop Mr. Domino

Gravity can

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So in ToME a giant worm showed up outta nowhere and ate me so now I'm inside this worm and having to dodge into alcoves to avoid the wave of gastric juices and in one of the alcoves I encounter this thing.

But the game generated its name as this.

Double Corrupt... powerful...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What do flat earthers think is on the bottom side of the flat earth

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un6Y5E4TOv4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lost Juugment

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh god I didn't know what the game's ending was

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Umbrella is self-cannibalizing so it only makes sense that they'd wipe themselves out

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Don't forget the confirmation tweet from one of the devs that says that it's there. Sorry, wait, the dev didn't say the trunk, they said the backseat, that you can see into during the game and can see with your eyes that its not there.

Being able to see something or not see something isn't exactly out of the norm for silent hill though, considering the letter James has.

I hadn't heard of the car trunk theory though.

As for batshit game theories, Squall being dead after disc 1 of FF8 is pretty well known as far as that kinda thing goes and it's a pretty fun one too since it almost makes sense.

A silly game theory I like is that Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is actually just an action movie film adaptation of the book Nastasha wrote about the events of MGS1

e: and that Metal Gear Ghost Babel is canon to the series but as a simulation for Raiden to go through as an abstraction of the events of Metal Gear Solid.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's a mall

it's just like a mini mall but maller