Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

goblin week posted:

hey what the gently caress

I hope Returnal does well for Housemarque because they make very good games and it was looking like they were dead for a while there when they quit making arcade games to focus on a battle royale (on the other hand I don't have a PS5 but if I did lmao I'm not paying £70 for a game) I was hoping to have a PS5 before RE8 but it's looking unlikely

I'm looking forward to Famicom Detective Club this month though I hope those are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'll buy Pokemon Snap at some point but the photography game I'm waiting for is the Switch port of Umurangi Generation

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You still have the sprout icon like 400 hours into the game with how many expansions there are now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought/completed/enjoyed Ys Origin over the weekend thinking it was a remake of the first game in the series or something but it turns out it's a prequel that's a little different to the other games since it's just a dungeon crawler

what is the correct order to Ys

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

Origin, I/II Chronicles, Memories of Celceta, Oath in Felghana, some old games that don't have modern remakes, Lacrimosa of Dana, Monstrum Nox somewhere around here I think, Ark of Napishtim, Seven

Ys game stories are only loosely connected so you can play in whatever order you like; Napishtim and Felghana are a lot like Origin if you want more of that, the others are way different

homeless snail posted:

just play the fun games and skip the not fun ones imo, ys is extremely episodic and trying to play them in order will just make you miserable

Nate RFB posted:

Whatever you want honestly, Ys just really isn't a series where it's worth worrying about the play order that heavily. It mostly just comes down to what style of Ys sounds most appealing to you, and Origin/Oath in Felghana/Ys VI are all of the same ilk and if you like one you'll probably like the rest (though VI being the first one that actually came out means it's rough around the edges). Origin and Oath are my two favorite titles so IMO either one is as fine a place to start as any.

The actual games you're thinking of in terms of being a remake of the first game are "Ys I&II" which is also on Steam but they are very much old rear end games that definitely necessitate you going into them with that kind of mindset (still very cool IMO but some of the bosses, dungeon layous, and difficulty balancing is pretty whack).

Nate RFB posted:

Good as all hell:
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Ys Origin
Ys III: Oath in Felghana

Overall good:
Ys IV: Memories of Celceta

Just kind of OK:
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
Ys VI: Ark of Napistim
Ys Seven

Cool but old as gently caress:
Ys I & II

Legit bad:
Ys V: Something about a desert

Thanks for the info everyone - I'm ok just playing the fun ones instead of going through in order. Though I hadn't realised that I actually only have access to VIII/IX/Memories of Celceta since my PC can't play games (I thought there were a lot more of them of PS4/Switch!) so I'll maybe jump to VIII after I finish Origin with Hugo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

If you're going to only play one character I'd suggest Yunica because she's a lot of fun and Hugo plays like kind of a weird range character that's interesting in theory but not a lot of fun to actually play. There's also a third character you unlock after beating one campaign who is the actual best character to play as but you can cross that bridge when you get there if you want to go through it again.

I already beat it with Yunica! This is my second playthrough to see what Hugo's deal is

actually I was wondering, does anything happen if you beat Kishgal in that first fight with Yunica

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Not video game related but is it just me or is microsoft edge...good??!

we use it at work and now I'm trying it at home (which is also where I work)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

if I'm a capcom dev reading this thread I'm realising RE9 needs to be underwater with an even taller woman

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going into it hoping for a reverse MGS2 situation where an hour into the game Ethan gets replaced by a much cooler protagonist (Leon/Jill/Claire/Rebecca/Billy/Carlos/Sherry Birkin/Jake/anyone)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was told by a tiktok that they don't use the terms red sauce/brown sauce outside of Northern Ireland/Scotland is this true

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

folks can we get back to "bush means vulva"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's cool to see more Judgement though the hands in that poster look like those memes where they photoshop an anime character or w/e pointing a gun at you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: this was the highlight of the Apple Lawyer trying to be Phoenix Wright today though

https://twitter.com/rcmacleod/status/1390786717783822338

Your top 20 has 25 games is definitely the kind of contradiction that leads to Phoenix Wright finding out the true killer in those games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The XIV magitek claw that carries you around is another top tier mmo mount

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is there any way to remove announcements from the user control panel

i don't wanna write for the front page

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What about a reboot where they're all humans

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Project Triangle Strategy seems like it'll be pretty good going by the demo idk

Does anyone know if the original Famicom Detective Clubs were good I'm weirdly excited for these remakes in a few days but I don't know if I should be

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Truly the game that keeps delivering....

https://twitter.com/bgDzNY5zKPNFETJ/status/1390317888771268608?s=19

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Hotel Dusk/Last Window Kyle Hyde made you do a quiz at the end of each chapter to make sure you knew what was going on

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would've been ok with sumo just making another racing game tbh instead of whatever hood is

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems that I have finally managed to get a PS5 :woop:

are there any smaller games I should know about I'm mostly just getting it right now to play RE Village on a console that isn't insanely loud

e: no I didn't realize I could redeem PS5 games without a PS5 until Oddworld Soulstorm RIP
vvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 11, 2021

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yoshi being up there is cool but his reward is not

what am i going to use 99 lives on i already got everything

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

One time I said it was my birthday but no one responded so I can never do it again

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I played through Astro's Playroom and it was surprisingly good! The rumble and weird pressure thing with the triggers are both cool but maybe seem like the kind of things launch games mess around with then 95% of games don't bother using them in any interesting way (maybe it's for the best because the spaceship thing felt like it was destroying the controller)

weirdly out of all the sony nostalgia stuff it throws at you the thing that got me was hearing the PSP startup sound for the first time in like 15 years when I was looking at artifacts (actually the end of the PS2 level was pretty well done too) I had never seen the PS1 T-Rex demo from the last level before, at first I thought it was going to be a kurushi/intelligent qube reference

now to start re8

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is the verdict on "famicom detective club"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Platinum games usually have pretty good finales

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

to be honest I've been getting sick of these 24 hour timers I'm having to deal with every day

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk it probably doesn't mean anything if you can't get a following as a streamer, it feels like there's a big luck element

Like I'll have art streams on in the background sometimes where they're super good at drawing and are really nice people but have like 3 viewers watching because it's so hard to get noticed unless they're like chatting a lot with other art streamers/joining their discords etc

it seems like it'd be even harder to get noticed if you're just someone playing games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

i'm a legacy so I only pay $8/mo, which is cheap enough that i don't really give a gently caress if the only reason i log in some months is to make sure my house doesn't get demolished

i'm an idiot who's paying for 2 extra retainers because what if I need this rock I mined 500 hours ago someday or this fish

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Capcom will be Monster Hunter stuff, and maybe Street Fighter VI. UBISoft is going to be the next Assassin's Creed.

I'd be kind of surprised to see Street Fighter 6, a reveal of the last season 5 character maybe seems more likely

I was thinking they'd reveal SF6 at whatever Evo is going to look like now or maybe even at the CPT final next year (or E3?? is that still happening) but maybe development is further along than I'm expecting idk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Rayman games are so good I wish they weren't attached to a massive weirdo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The June games I'm looking forward to are the switch release of Umurangi Generation/Game Builder Garage maybe since it sounded really neat back when it was a Labo thing/Mario Golf/Guilty Gear/possibly Scarlet Nexus

there's also ratchet and clank which will probably be good but I'll wait for it to go down in price because it's another £70 game and I'm not in any rush to play it anyways

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You could take more photos, in Umurangi Generation

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Who do you guys main / who would you main in Super Mario Party

I really love Mario character design

In Super Mario Party specifically I like Daisy/Shy Guy because their dices (dies??) are very low risk (Daisy is all 3s and 4s and Shy Guy is all 4s with one 0)

i like toad/toadette the best but sadly in this one they are doomed to host the party

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

"tuturu~" - philip k dick

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got the RE Village platinum today and the game is extremely good though the factory probably goes on too long and I don't really like the section before the final boss. I was going into the game thinking Ethan was extremely boring but I liked what they did with him in this one

now I'm moving on to Hitman 3 which I have heard literally nothing about since it came out for some reason I hope it's good the last two were amazing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah you had to speed run the old ones in like an hour to get a cowgirl outfit or w/e for Leon

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i haven't played kirby i only know the smash hats

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

i can't get over how good the sonic comic is now (where i'm reading (sonic universe #1))

ahoy senchou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please use NWS tags if you're going to post that kind of thing