Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

exquisite tea posted:

I have to restrain myself from looking too intensely at game trailers because I'll eventually start to figure out all the twists ahead of time.

That's a sign they should have either better twists or better trailer editors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Unhappy Meal posted:

Also wasn't Fade to Black the sequel to Flashback, thus making this new game Flashback 3?

Could actually be a remake of Fade to Black with a name that they think is less confusing, given there was a remake of Flashback.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
The best rail shooter is Gal Gun and as a bonus as far as I know it isn't involved in NFTs.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

SeXReX posted:

There was a Twitter thread that went around dev Twitter a while back where one of the take aways is that way more games work like this then you might imagine and in many cases the way the skip button works is just setting the playback speed of it all to happen in 1 frame.
I like the one from the spider-man tech postmortem, "they aren't unskippable cuscenes, they're animated loading screens".

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
There's an in-game option to do that thing you dug up cheatengine to do.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Walla posted:

Also the Outer Wilds is probably not something I will ever try. I don't enjoy games on a timer.

It's not a timer, it's a loop. When you miss something on a timer, it's gone. Here no matter what you missed you just need to be there again 20 minutes later.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The Sexy Brutale is a great game with a 'loop'thing going too.

I feel the Sexy Brutale loops are too short and simple and there's several I solved accidentally on the first iteration before even knowing what I was supposed to do. As a result I never really came to care for the game's cast and world the way I came to care about the people I never even saw in Outer Wilds.

Chev fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 16, 2021

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Back in the early times of BG&E2 leaks the supposed grand scheme was that the project was started mainly to keep Ancel happy after the considered quitting because Rayman had been shelved in favor of the rabbids (that was before Origins) so if that was true now he's gone BG&E2's odds of coming out have likely gone down, unless they've sunk too much cash into it already.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

The 7th Guest posted:

my enjoyment factor of umineko climbs and plummets precipitously depending on whether a scene has the annoying kid that talks like a toddler the whole time (are they supposed to be neurodivergent?? or is this just supposed to be a cutesy quirk/affect?)

battler being horny for his cousins should also stop imo

just have all the parents sniping each other and being big shits, that's the juice
All those things are definitely going places, I can guarantee that much.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Give the Berserk script to the Bastard mangaka, problem solved!

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

Why’s the G capitalized?
Well it's not SaGa in the first place (except in SaGa Frontier 1 and 2), it's Sa·Ga, so same reason as the Fantasy in Final Fantasy, it's capitalized because it's the start of a second word. Also Unlimited Saga is actually using the word Saga.

Chev fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 29, 2021

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

A fun prompt: which game would be the funniest if it were revealed to be a test to find the person capable of solving some real-life issue

Gal Gun of course.

Also, Receiver 2 eventually reveals itself to be that, explaining all the things it has told you about fighting depression and suicidal thoughts in yourself or others can be applied in a plane of existence beyond the game's universe, before booting you out of the game.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Danganronpa definitely goes to places you won't even vaguely guess if you stop early, and the sequels even more so. V3 is simultaneously one of the games I'd least and most recommend and is an incredible love/hate object.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Also Redreader's description makes it sound like you see someone being eaten, but it's actually just a crayon drawing by the stuffed bear antagonist showing he'd like some pancakes to go with the butter (it's actually a reference to a scottish children's book in which tigers are similarly reduced to butter for pancakes, which is of course sort of fitting in the game's context), and whether he did eat the butter or not is left to the viewer's appreciation, keeping in mind it's well established the stuffed bear doesn't need to eat but does like to get a rise out of people when he's not killing them.

EDIT: yeah, visually it's pretty cartoony violence (including the recurring gimmick of bright purple blood as a form of censorship), although it's worth noting textually it's quite a bit more graphic than that.

Chev fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 31, 2021