Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Congratulations to all of the bingo winners and runners up I hope you get yourself a real nice tag.

Relax Or DIE posted:

only chumps posting below this line

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amp fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Waltzing Along posted:

May I say that May 14 looks like an interesting release day.

You can

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Hoping Snowrunner (the Dark Souls of truck driving games) runs well on the Switch.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

hoping to see some good pokemon snaps this month

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

its still april though....

again, i live in the middle of the atlantic ocean

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Yes!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

stev posted:

Does throwing them at a wall solve them?

That seems like a personal decision, I don't think the Grand Council of Puzzle Solvers is going to be worried about it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Finished up Code Vein, here's my review: don't play it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

I thought it was okay, what didn't you like about it?

I think "okay" is perfectly descriptive of it. I thought the overall design was pretty boring, every single trash area was just hallways and 1-2 guys at a time if you didn't sprint through places. It did, however, have a fairly interesting idea for mapping in a Souls-inspired game. I like that it gives you where you've been but not an actual detailed map until you're basically through an area and then it will give you the detailed map so you can see if you missed anything. A lot of the bosses seemed fairly uninspired as well, again "okay" is probably where'd I put it on a scale, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without reservations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

That's fair. I'm kinda hoping it gets a sequel because there's definite room for improvement.

This was something I was thinking about in the back third or so as well, it really felt like they kind of ran out of ideas for how long they wanted the game to be and I think and hope a second iteration could be really good. There's definitely a good foundation there to build on.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

If you're going to play 1 Bandai-Namco release from 2019 make it Ace Combat 7

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Code Vein has Dark Souls 1 combat and near lethal levels of anime and that's all I really want in a video game

the dark souls 1 classic combat situation of having 8 skills

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

stev posted:

Why would anyone want to skip double ape funtimes?

very much this, if I know anything about how VG likes to play Souls games he will be okay with this

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I think I've convinced myself to stream all of the Metals Gear games, possibly including Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Hype for PoOps+

only the stuff in the Legacy Collection, so:

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

(and then also if I get this far I'll play Revengeance and 5)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I bought biltong once at a 7-11 and when I opened it the meat inside was completely covered in mold

thats why you gotta buy the goon jerky

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stadia is my favorite console because of how much it's made me laugh.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

drat I'm watching the live Bombcast right now and they just announced Vinny, Brad and Alex are all leaving Giant Bomb.

Absolutely crazy. What even is the identity of that site now that everybody is gone...

what?????

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

the true ascension of gamebomb.ru begins today

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

the only way I'm learning anything about apple vs epic is if ALAB talks about it :colbert:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/mattyhochs/status/1389690044567412741

remember the good times

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Inner Light posted:

Where's the 'name a game that you forgot' thread?

I'm thinking of a FPS with a map called "Rommel" if I recall, kind of a blown apart city kind of map, but I can't remember what game it was....

Help us remember the name of a game!!!! Or perish!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

External Organs posted:

Is there like an "imagine a game that doesn't exist, but maybe it sort of does and someone knows about it" thread?

I can't stop daydreaming about a game that doesn't exist help I am not good at computers.

I don't think so but you should make it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

This twitter thread is the best highlight clip summary of Giant Bomb you'll probably ever find. I leaned real hard on that site from 2009-2015, but I haven't visited it much recently. I'm going to miss that crew a whole lot, but I'm excited to see what they individually do next.

https://twitter.com/airbagged/status/1389708043441557505?s=19

There's some really great stuff in this thread that I had entirely forgotten about. It was a nice trip down memory lane.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

A1 is a great sauce that is sold as "steak sauce" but shouldn't go on steaks at all

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I said come in! posted:

lmao Resident Evil 8 beginning has 80 pages of letters and lore dialog dumps to read through. I am so excited about this crazy game.

:sickos:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

consoles have always been loss leaders though

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

a1 on a burg is pretty nice

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

beans are great

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I saw my hardcore gamer friend the other day and told her I'd crushed Ninja Gaiden II and she was very impressed. Maybe I'm good at video games? :thunkher:

Ehh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I did my taxes back in February

I've filed my taxes, entirely unintentionally, within the same 3-day span for the last 4 years.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Games should have really difficult sections where you have to carefully analyze the main themes and characters in both short and long essay format.

Games should have stories that can stand up to the barest scrutiny

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Does anyone else set their location as something other than where they live for video game stuff? I always at least try to see if I can set my location to Palestine and it's very rare to be able to, off the top of my head the only service/game that lets you is Steam.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Maine is a good part of New England

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Most games got too many words in em, and then they usually have like a codex something with even more fluff.

*Old guy from 60 minutes turns to the camera*

" Haven't these video-game developers ever heard of show, don't tell?"

no

no they have not

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Did you manually set your data center otherwise? It'd be pretty funny if you were downloading all your Steam updates from Palestine lmao

I don't think the steam profile location and your datacenter are at all related, but I have checked that I'm on the closest datacenter previously.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

It would, however, be hilarious if that's how Steam determined what datacenter you used.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Really? Is Mass a bad part? (I know CT and RI are)

Massachusetts is a good part of New England, as are both Rhode Island and CT. Vermont and New Hampshire too.

Zaphod42 posted:

You'll have to learn how to park your car on Harvard Yard.

:mods:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I have a 144hz monitor and that has never happened to me. Games locked at 60 are totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

So in Tennessee they have these Dolly Parton license plates, and from a distance of anything more than like, 5 inches, it looks like Anime Dolly Parton

I wouldn't be surprised if there's anime Dolly somewhere. She's the best.