Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

i turned 37 today but the last two years have felt like a decade so i feel like i'm already 40

Happy birthday! Yes there's been a nasty time dilation effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Due to travel, it has been two days since I played a video game... how did the pilgrims do it

Ball in a cup doesn't require batteries and had an evolving meta.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

When I was a kid, the underwater levels in Mario64 were absolutely the ultimate roadblock for me. I nope'd out of the level with the giant eel immediately and just did everything else to progress.

I only tuned in to Giant bomb very, very irregularly. Sucks to hear it's falling apart.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

May the Fifth be with you all

wait poo poo gently caress

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

In New Pokemon Snap, I usually have to do a route multiple times before I can unlock the next new route. Are my pictures that bad that i'm not scoring well enough to level up a route to level 2 the first time? What am I doing wrong?

It's not intuitive, but let's say you get vivillion in the first level - you still want to take pictures of it at every star level every level afterwards it exists on to get more points. If you only submit photos for monsters and star levels you don't yet have your progress is slow.

Basically each route wants you to submit a full pokedex worth of pictures for all the monsters on that route. (You don't have to actually replace your best photo, just submit the picture).

Even doing that I'm usually running a route 2-3 times, but I'm getting closer to 15k points than 3k points on retreads.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

can't you only submit one picture per pokemon? like if i take 4 pictures of vivillon at each star level in the route i can only submit one.

Yes. So you still have to do multiple runs. But those runs will net more points if you make sure to take the best pictures you can of every pokemon, not just the new ones you need for your primary photodex.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Oh gently caress, that's awful. I didn't even know they were sick.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I admit I am irrationally upset by this, but when am I not irrationally upset by something?

Nothing irrational about being upset by war crimes filmed on camera.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

mutata posted:

Warm apple cider is good. Wassail is better.

:yeah:

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Theatrhythm
FF7R
Dissidia: Duodecim
10-2
WOFF

I have a lot of free time coming up this summer and hope to get through at least Heavensward in 14.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I think the first time I heard of D&D alignments back in the 90's was a writeup of how each alignment would handle the distribution of water to survivors of a wreck in a lifeboat. It was a really smart and effective description, or at least it was to 10-year-old-me.

I have been wracking my brains for the last decade or so trying to figure out where I read that.

Also this has been my cell phone wallpaper for years now.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

What else should I add?

Wild Arms XF
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
MGS Peace Walker
Tales of Hearts R
Oreshika Tainted Bloodlines
Me and My Katamari

No idea if any of those have been delisted.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

The best Dr. Doom lore is the time he stiffed Luke Cage $200, so Cage invaded Latveria all by himself to extract it out of Doom.

https://www.cbr.com/luke-cage-doctor-doom-where-money-honey/

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Beautiful reference in that Sonic comic panel.

https://imgur.com/gallery/S1mOcdj

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody

Heya!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

External Organs posted:

Quick, what's the best marvel thing ripe for a video game?

I feel like you could adapt a team comic into an SRPG with persona-style social links pretty well.

Alternatively, a Damage Control game where a team of people are rebuilding New York minecraft-style while superhero/villain battle wreck it. (Asymmetric game like Evolve where one team is building what another wrecks?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Happy birthday!