Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It still blows my mind that loving Leisure Suit Larry is on a Nintendo console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

That seems dangerous

Depends on the console.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This month I'm going to buy World's End Club. The Famicom Detective Club games are on my wishlist but I'm not sure.

Unrelated, my son is hooked on Ace Attorney now. :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm just happy it's something other than Minecraft or Five Nights at Freddy's.

The keywords for a 12 year old anime fan are: Anime, Visual Novel, and Murder. :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Persona 4 Golden:

Case closed in August? 7/10, game's too short.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This needs context. But no.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

You never heard of an adder before?

But there isn't a subtractor.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Nutrageous bars are one of my favorite candy treats, up there with twix, kit kats, saltwater taffy, french burnt peanuts, and jordan almonds

I'm constantly annoyed that I can only find King Siza Nutrageous locally. They are so good but I'm trying not to eat that much candy anymore.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Weird question but does anyone know what happened to Infinitum? He kinda disappeared?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

I dunno if I'd say so much that big things are scary per se but huge things deffo have an effect on me. Like if I'm standing around a shipyard it's like whoah

I don't deal with any creature larger than me. This includes most livestock.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I have no clue who the gently caress Tim Sweeney is. But I also don't really pay attention to the people behind the scenes. I could maybe name a few voice actors if pressed and that's about it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

hello I am typing to you from my new cheap rear end laptop

everything is so big on a real screen :stare:

also now i can post threads hehehe

And changed your avatar. I liked the old one.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hi everyone!

I just finished fixing the wiring on my adjustable bed that the installers hosed up last year.

What's good today?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Honestly, English pronunciations are just hosed. I say this as a native of Maryland.

Also, I dare anyone from outside the state to say Baltimore correctly. It makes Gloucester look sane.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Grouchio posted:

Baodemoor?
Bawltemor?

Growing up I used to say Worcester like War-Cess-ter

Ballmer if we're talking about the city. We're to lazy for hard consonants and third syllables. ;)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hi oddium!

I just bought Pokemon Snap. I know I will regret this purchase later but I want it now.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

I am with you on being disappointed with Octopath Traveler. At first glance it looked like it should have been a great RPG.

I'm another who bounced off Octopath hard, but I had it built up in my head as some kind of FF IV-VI pastiche when it's more of an homage to old school SaGa games with a FFV job system. I have this idea that if maybe you approached it as some kind of interconnected SaGa game and maybe didn't try to do everyone's story in one run it might be more palatable. I'm not sure how well that would work though.

I am looking forward to Project Triangle Strategy but it looks like it will actually have a story and the characters might have a reason to hang out.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

mutata posted:

I just pay a local dude to do ours; at least I'm supporting a professional in the neighborhood.

My taxes are simple as poo poo. Married, single income, 1 dependant and no assets. I still pay a dude $175 a year to prepare them for me because I hosed up the first year my kid was born and got audited for around $5,000.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

What should I cook for my mom for a belated Mother’s Day dinner?

Curry.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Americans aren't known for cleaning taps properly. Or soda fountains. Or anything else really.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

No I was referring to Irish ones.

I think bars not cleaning taps is prolly universal

I know. Just a friendly reminder that if it's a public place it's often dirtier than it looks. American restaurants and bars are often quick, sometimes efficient and rarely clean. ;)

One of the reasons I always preferred dive bars when I drank. At least they're honest.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

VideoGames posted:

I get sad thinking about all that wasted food. :(

Wasting food should be a crime.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The United States posted:

Have you tried a kneeling chair?

My bad knee hurts just looking at that. Probably a great workout though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I never liked beer. When I did still go to bars I mostly drank shots of tequila so I always drank something like Landshark or Corona with it since anything else tasted worse.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Only if they're frozen.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't think I've ever tried yakisoba, but the look of it doesn't appeal to me. I've fallen out of love with mist pasta and it's mainly a texture thing. Thin noodles just feel slimy and gross to me now when I used to love ramen and spaghetti. Now I'm all about the shells and shapes, and occasionally a bit of fettuccine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also the Outer Wilds is probably not something I will ever try. I don't enjoy games on a timer.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Re: Streaming

I haven't found a stream or YouTube commentator I like yet. I never used to consider myself some kind of audiophile but I've found that a poorly miked stream will hurt my ears more than nails on a chalkboard ever could and most streams are not miked properly. And the ones that are miked well are usually run by puffed up douchebags and with all of the recent scandals coming out about YouTube personalities just kind of turns me off of the whole medium.

I do enjoy a lightly commented LP though and I'm fascinated by speedruns.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

So you don't like a single thing about a medium hundreds of thousands enjoy. Cool

I also don't like horror movies. Weird.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

raditts posted:

My theory is that the "apocalypse" as seen in Mad Max is localized entirely to Australia, and the rest of the world just accepts it as The Way Australia Is.

So it's a documentary.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

i'm the most boring person in here you fascinating fucks

That's impossible because I just showed up.

Hi thread! I spent the past week trying to figure out a specific challenge in Fire Emblem Conquest. How's things?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Was there anything good about Yiik? I remember it got a lot of praise when it was released and a week later everyone hated it but I'm too poor to just buy some trash.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gaius Marius posted:

Using Elisa lams tragic death as an impetus for the plot is one of the most inspiredly moronic decisions I've ever seen on a game. It's like they set out to make a game everyone would hate and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams

Oh wow, ick. The amount of media that has used that girl's death for inspiration is frankly disturbing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Can't have cats because the father in law is allergic. Have a dog.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

He's just small!

But he does act like a cat.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

FWIW some breeds are hypoallergenic, like Maine Coons.

Oh I know. Doesn't matter to him though. Also his mother is deathly afraid of cats because reasons. And since I live with the man I have no say in it.

I'm happy with my little cat in a dog suit. :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Switch or Vita because handheld rules.

I've never played it but it's supposed to be super anime. Like anime squared.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've never understood the anime complaint. I've also never understood why people can't just ask if something has some loli poo poo or something else skeevy instead of beating around the bush about it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

fridge corn posted:

Because 99% anime has skeevy poo poo in it

That describes 99% of all media because people are skeevy.

Arzaac posted:

I'm playing through 428 Shibuya Scramble right now and hot drat, this poo poo is really good

I think I like VNs now? It's a genre I always gave a pass but I'm learning that there are some drat good VNs out there

Careful, it's anime. I need to find out if 428 is on the Vita some how. I've heard good things.

Danganronpa and 999 are good games if you like weird murder mystery suspense things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Congrats with the engagement!