Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Ok, should I get Last Remnant, Star Ocean the Last Hope or maybe dot Hack from this PS store sale?

Each is roughly 10 space dollars

.hack is 3.5 games in one, so you should get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Snakes:

1. Snake (Snake Rattle n Roll)
2. Snake (MGS3)
3. Snake (MGS1,2,4)
4. The snake from Resident Evil
5. Snake (Snake's Revenge)
6.Snake (Rock & Roll Racing)

Where does the math snake rank on this?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Arzaac posted:

Holy poo poo, "I was young, in love, and had a spare bomb!" Is a powerful line

Feb 2022 thread title right there.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

The real question is: Does Pokemon Ranger count as a loop game?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I played through Outer Worlds a while ago, and some notes on the gameplay:

1) Ammo is, like, stupidly common. On top of having just three types split between all guns, it also showers you in ammo constantly. I played on normal (which is flat out called 'the intended difficulty' by the game), and by the end I had something like 8K of each ammo type.

2) The skill system is infuriatingly restrictive. Unlike New Vegas, skills cap at 150 instead of 100, but you only get 10 skill points per level, with a level cap of 30 (36 with all DLC). So now you can only max 1 or 2 skills during the entire game, and odds are you'll want Speech and either Lockpick or Hacking leveled just to pass skill checks, so any other skill is a dump stat by default.

3) The healing system has a thing where you can shove items into your healing inhaler for extra buffs, but there are just so loving many of each type all with different effects and durations that I honestly ignored it entirely. Also, just to get all four buff slots open requires like 80 points in Medicine, which ain't loving happening with how tight points are already.

4) Perks are just... kinda bland? They're all just 'here have some health' or 'x weapon type does more damage', no fun perks that can shake things up. By the time I was max level I was just picking random perks because I already got all the ones that caught my eye.

Like, Outer Worlds has some good stuff, I personally liked the idea behind the Phobia system and the disguises, but man there's a lot of room for improvement on a hypothetical Outer Worlds 2.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I remember trying Let It Die back when it first came out on PS4.

I dropped it after I tried to save up some coins, called it a night, then came back to all my coins gone because I got raided while I was asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

exquisite tea posted:

The best games journalism these days is mostly being done by youtube hobbyists as retrospectives on some random crap like the history of Silent Hill 2 ports lead down an entire path of discovery about the confluence of proprietary hardware, technology and commerce.

My favorite SH2 video was a history of speedrunning it, and how a random person dropping into random speedrun streams and telling the solutions to RNG puzzles got the community to reverse engineer the RNG.