Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I'm technically responding to a comment from the last thread, but Caligula Effect's switch port added a bunch of new content psp persona1 style in that it introduced an entirely new route where you side with the bad guys early into the story and they become your party instead of the normal route's party and it's apparently a completely different route tonally and thematically, which is cool and i wish more jrpgs did poo poo like this.

also they announced a second, completely standalone game a couple months ago, though god knows if we're gonna be getting it localized :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

trying to decide between 13 sentinels and the new nier remake (PC version) for which game i want to play next :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mix. posted:

trying to decide between 13 sentinels and the new nier remake (PC version) for which game i want to play next :v:

update: i decided to just do both. will return with thoughts on 13S as i get through some of it. (ive played nier before, so i already know. not much to react to there lol)

edit: i need to stop sniping pages with dumb bullshit

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok so i started 13 sentinels last night here are my thoughts so far (under spoilers, obv)

-wow i can already tell the battle part is probably going to gently caress me over in the late game, i am much more of a tactics-y turn-based kind of strategy fan so real time mecha stuff is completely foreign to me
-i have gotten far enough to be able to choose characters at will/swap between modes. i immediately went for the girl with the obviously evil cat who gave her a gun, because that is the funniest setup in the game so far and i want to see where that goes
-also a big fan of 'girl who has watched too much b-movie sci fi' and can't wait to see how her journey with johnny 5 plays out
-i appreciate the library letting me see the exact years and times of stuff because man i can already tell im gonna get turned around with some of this poo poo. the fact they just casually went 'oh, by the way, there's time travel bullshit' like 25 minutes into the game is incredible, but also making it so i have to pay attention to dates and timelines is a headache, ive already done this with the infinity games and zero escape ughhhh
-is it bad i think the two "main" kids are really boring? Juro and the girl who just looks like Ann from p5. they just seem very standard anime character so far, which means that the rug is absolutely getting pulled out from under me at some point
-i cant believe the sorceress from dragon's crown got a day job as a school nurse! good for her
-i do unironically like how each character seems to be spinning off into a different like. genre of anime bullshit? it reminds me of stuff like concrete revolutio where they just threw loving everything in and saw what stuck, and that anime rules, so im excited to see how off the rails everything gets

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Necco rules, theyre like flat smarties

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

dead by daylight is fun but why did the killer im the best at (so far) have to be not only the worst killer in the game but also the loving kpop joker

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

every time i see the name i think people are talking about this game, which i own and have never played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHcfwONzO7I

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/humble/status/1389992055468855296?s=09

LMAOOOOOOOO

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

well drat, i guess i better get to judgement now that a sequel got confirmed

...after i finish 13 sentinels. ...and nier. ...and the entire mgs series because it's apparently weird to, and i quote, 'own the entirety of a franchise you know nothing about and have never touched', according to some people.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/thedextriarchy/status/1390770755181453316?s=20

loving lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/itchio/status/1390788835991113730?s=20

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/thedextriarchy/status/1390778841036120065?s=20

your honor, i have NEVER hosed nor seen a boob, i want the record to state that

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

this is why saints row is the best game, because it gives you a murder weapon that's also a dildo, therefore allowing you to be in the sex AND the killing circles on the venn diagram

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

13Sent update (at nearly 3am my time, jesus):

-THE GRANNY IS AN AI NOW???? HELLO?????
-That one girl with glasses maybe or maybe not being a robot isn't really that surprising because I had 'someone is secretly an AI' in my expectations pretty early on, considering how many other anime tropes they've got spinning on plates already, but I can't wait to see what the hell is up with that... in like 10 hours
-On that note, it's very weird that I feel like there's like 4-5 characters that I still don't have access to, which has me guessing whether they're actually going to be playable or not- girl with the glasses, guy with a pomp, maaaaaybe that friend of Juro who has been setting off alarm bells in my head basically since I saw him
-Also, multiple characters are blocked off until I see someone's 'Extinction' event, which is absolutely not terrifying at all in any capacity
-I've been trying to bounce back and forth between the combat stuff and the story, but the combat still stresses me out even though it's on the easiest difficulty. I've been going for the bonus objectives though, because I wanna see everything, because I love reading loving file entries in video games because I'm a freak who loves exposition
-On that note, can someone tell me if I have to grind out mystery points through doing combat multiple times, or will I basically get everything just from doing each combat section once? I don't mind being spoiled on this, I just want to be able to set my expectations accurately
-Oh, also, I really love the flowchart system in this game. The fact that you're actively getting bits of information in these vignettes and then carrying that over to other parts of the chart (but not necessarily in a meta sense like something like zero escape, they're usually just stuff the character would already think about that just you the player aren't privy to yet) is really fun from a narrative perspective. Seeing the variation in how the flowcharts expand is also a really cool way of showing a character's personality and role in the story- the sick girl's flowchart is a loving tangled mess, the guy with the hat from the past's is very rigid because that's what he's like, etc etc. It's neat!
-every time the sexy nurse in a catsuit comes on screen i lose it for a moment because it's so loving out of place, but like. at least it's an adult that's breasting boobily everywhere she goes. love how low the bar is with anime

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

also at least in the gorillaz situation multiple band members have stated they never signed off on or agreed to it so it's very likely it was some executive/production person doing it because they own the brand and not the actual bandmates themselves (which is why i wonder how many of the celebs like guy fieri/tony hawk/etc post about it without knowing anything about it bc some exec told them to)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Looper posted:

hello thread, let's play a game! see if you can guess which sonic character represents the following arthurian figures in sonic and the black knight

sorry, as someone who actually played that game to completion, i'm disqualified from participating

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i refuse to get excited for this because the last time a jet set radio reboot was floated it was killed on the spot, but

https://www.ign.com/articles/sega-considering-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-reboots-and-working-on-a-super-game

maybe the video games industry will smile upon me once more

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

mutata posted:

There's also this one with the original JSR composer: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1353230/Bomb_Rush_Cyberfunk/

oh im well aware and im also excited for that, too (and hoping it doesnt go the way that Hover did, since it feels like that one just never got the attention it needed)

but there's something about the JSRF setting itself thats really nostalgic for me, it was pretty much my first actual "fandom" online back when i was way too young to be online

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

you also have to understand the original nier has some commonalities with drakengard 1 (and 3, though 3 came afterwards), the other games in the franchise besides automata, since part of D1's whole "deal" is that it actively hates you, the player, and takes things you'd do in other games without really questioning it and makes it deeply un-fun or frustrating, as some kind of narrative on the structure of games and how players engage with them. (i'd also argue nier is the nicest of the bunch, for reasons that could be considered a spoiler so i won't say)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Started playing a game called Cloudpunk last night that I think I got in a H.Bundle at some point in the past. It's....pretty okay! The concept of a voxel-based cyberpunk delivery game is kinda fun, and even though it's pretty barebones (as someone who pokes around in game development discussions/forums from time to time it's hard to not notice some stuff) its still neat to just scooter around a city and try not to crash into a million hovercars in the process while taking questionable objects from point A to point B.

I do think it is kind of funny that the game immediately sets up 'hey here is a moral choice if you dont do the bad thing you will be punished' as a recurring plot element, but then like two deliveries later after the first one theyre like 'hey we decided to remove the penalty you got for not doing the bad thing because you delivered this one really good! congrats :buddy:' but like. If you want a game that's just loving around a city dropping packages off and then having conversations with your dog (who is an AI you installed in your hovercar) this game sure does have that.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Walla posted:

Was there anything good about Yiik? I remember it got a lot of praise when it was released and a week later everyone hated it but I'm too poor to just buy some trash.

the battle themes by toby fox and bo en were pretty good

im not gonna defend yiik but seeing all the stuff that got scrapped as well as what the original ending was supposed to be makes me fascinated by it. its never going to be good but its occupied a lot of my brainspace because of how much it fails on basically every level despite having a lot of stuff that would be good in any other game (assets, music, concepts, even some of the intended plot segments would work in a different game)

but im not gonna get into it because its a bad game and nobody wants to hear me ramble about a bad game that people should not play

Gaius Marius posted:

Using Elisa lams tragic death as an impetus for the plot is one of the most inspiredly moronic decisions I've ever seen on a game. It's like they set out to make a game everyone would hate and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams

this is inexcusable though, especially how the game actually handles it

Mix. fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 21, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

cats

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

redline is my favorite speed racer movie

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i havent been posting about it bc i'd usually been playing it late at night and forgot to post my thoughts, but I beat 13S last night. It's good! probably wouldve been GOTY last year if I'd played it at launch, so I'll just consider it GOTY for 2021 for myself and call it even.

Anyway here's a character tierlist as requested last month, spoilered in case anyone doesn't want to see it

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

crossposting because i am very bad at realizing what thread i am in

Mix. posted:

hey guys here are two separate choices, which two should i start next?

nier remake vs prey 2017

and

judgment vs astral chain

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

wuggles posted:

really wish you hadn't put astral chain and judgment in the same seed

for context one is 'games i can play in bed while my partner is asleep' (switch or ps4) and the other is 'games i can play during the day' (steam) so i understand the frustration, i own both so its not like im not gonna play both regardless but i struggle with choice paralysis a lot lmao

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

my favorite final fantasy is both not a mainline game but also a very divisive one so i dont usually mention it :kiddo:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Saint Freak posted:

You must be excited about the return of Weiss the Immaculate.

dirge of cerberus is my SECOND favorite final fantasy game :eng101: (and yes i legitimately lost my mind at that reveal)

my actual favorite is FFTA, and I have gotten yelled at for loving FFTA while finding original Tactics not as compelling, so make of that what you will :shrug:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i realize it was like two pages ago but the dragons dogma mmo was actually pretty fun. it was an actual action rpg like stuff like pso2 so it didnt feel like i was playing an MMO because i was an archer and had, like. to actually aim my shots and poo poo

too bad i got distracted and never got back to it

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

sonic unleashed's music didnt have to go as hard as it did

shame the game itself wasn't that great (though its funny how you still get people wanting adventure 3 when thats literally what unleashed was)

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Waffleman_ posted:

2006 was Adventure 3.

i would not know as i have intentionally kept myself as blind as humanly possible so i may one day do a blind stream and experience it for myself

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

cheddarwurst is the best hot dog and you cant convince me otherwise

gotta be the actual sausages tho

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i want a super monkey ball randomizer that makes the maps random. speedrun that motherfucker

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

A fun prompt: which game would be the funniest if it were revealed to be a test to find the person capable of solving some real-life issue

trauma center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

June: At Least Its Not May