Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

famicom detective club is back, and soon, so will bowsette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i will probably get AI and Raging Loop and also maybe that root letter remaster that has the live actors because i'm a sucker for VNs with photo/fmv people

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

i presume you've already played 428 (which is also $10 this week wow value!!)
yeah, 428 was fantastic, obviously nothing's going to match that so i won't expect anything on that level with any other fmv/photo VN

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i turned 37 today but the last two years have felt like a decade so i feel like i'm already 40

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i started today finishing off the dread x: the hunt anthology. there were 3 games to go and then finishing the lobby game, so that meant jotting down 4 games in my may beaten list

favorite game of the collection was either uktena 64 or house of unrest

none of them were amazing, because even though they were all shooters, none of them had satisfying weapons or feedback.... but they were fine, and short, and well varied

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

raging loop was good but some of the end reveals were some real light novel nonsense, especially the final bonus chapter with the ex

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that's just how seckswrecks rolls

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dread X games that I've beaten, ranked so far:

1. Shatter
2. Touched by an Outer God
3. Uktena 64
4. Charlotte's Exile
5. Pony Factory
6. Axis Mundi
7. Squirrel Stapler
8. Rose of Meat
9. The House of Unrest
10. Black Relic
11. The Thing in the Lake
12. Solipsis
13. The Fruit
14. Seraphixal
15. Arcadletra

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Date really likes puns

Chev posted:

The best rail shooter is Gal Gun and as a bonus as far as I know it isn't involved in NFTs.
the best rail shooters are LA Machineguns and Typing of the Dead

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

the best rail shooter is any rail shooter where both players use the same screen so you can put coins in both slots and use both guns at once

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/zaxptv/status/1391989603180105728

tfw you try to apply videogame crafting mechanics to real life

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z30PZMuuzKQ

this has too many notable people in it for made-for-tv trash

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 11, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

famicom detective club tomorrrooowwwwwwwww

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a 5 year FPS project seems like they want to do a AAA release on the level of destiny or w/e

also it's unfortunate that creative assembly is working on this rather than alien isolation 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cursed cursed cursed cursed cursed
https://twitter.com/wapplehouse/status/1393191684251570176

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i would be streaming a lot more if i didn't have really good friends as roommates

i think recording LPs and streaming was primarily a function of loneliness and depression for me

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my mood today was basically...

*owl house gets picked up for third season* woooooooo

*third season was short-ordered and show is also cancelled* ooouuggghhh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LionArcher posted:

After the bullshit statement this morning and former ign employees making it very clear that this was probably not their friends doing this really loving stoked to see this. More journalistic integrity than most of the major news works it seems. Happy to listen to a few of their podcasts since their hosts all signed that letter.
just don't listen to the colin moriarty one. he sucks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

horror movies own

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wuggles posted:

I like horror movies that are psychologically scary and suspenseful, like something is following you, that one always gets me
so like It Follows or the original Halloween then

i love silly slashers, i love existential freakouts, i love banal horror, i love trashy movies with bad effects but earnest filmmaking

i especially love anything with a ton of effort put into the practical effects. anything robert kurtzman touches for example (evil dead 2, re-animator series, body bags, in the mouth of madness)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

won't play ff14 unless all dungeons can be soloed with AI companions which will never happen because it's an MMO

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

no gay marriage in rune factory 5

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my enjoyment factor of umineko climbs and plummets precipitously depending on whether a scene has the annoying kid that talks like a toddler the whole time (are they supposed to be neurodivergent?? or is this just supposed to be a cutesy quirk/affect?)

battler being horny for his cousins should also stop imo

just have all the parents sniping each other and being big shits, that's the juice

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's finally gotten slashery in umieko after four almost torturous hours of maria uu-uu-ing and that embarassing "we know you're bad at business and hosed up, so accept our terms..." "wahaha, i know you're all bad at business and hosed up so accept my terms" "HOW COULD THIS BE" sequence

now i can hella scrutinize alibis

although three people whose schedules/movements i was intrigued by are already dead on day 2 so. lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

John Romero posted:

start an e3 thread
I'm the one who usually does it, we're still 3 weeks away so i'm not in a rush but I might type up the OP this weekend

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Wait there's an E3 this year?
there's an E3 and a "Summer Games Fest" happening almost simultaneously

the thread is not going to play up the trashfire aspect of E3 as much this year since it's not gonna be people on a stage loving up and doing skits

i will probably use the thread primarily as a stealth indie game promotion opportunity because no one's gonna buy or play half the games shown at E3 anyway

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Something in the air this week with thread hostility...
the fog has rolled in... time to start the feast

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i forgot to do a subtitle for the e3 2021 thread but i also think that's appropriate for what e3 has become, considering it didn't even exist last year https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968543

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

umineko ch4 is leaning too hard into "the anime bullshit is good actually", but the anime nonsense in umineko has been all bad and dumb to this point, rather than the anime nonsense i either enjoy or at least tolerate

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barudak posted:

Whoever said Dino Crisis 2 is an incredible game and deserves a remake is absolutely goddamn correct, top 10 playstation 1 game there
Still have to play that. The first one was just OK because it was still trying to be a 1:1 RE clone so the correct course of action for most rooms was to just never fight enemies, just like RE.

My RE list:

1) 4
2) 7
3) Revelations
4) 1
5) 5
6) Code Veronica
7) 0 (this is the only one I just did not like at all)

I guess I've played more RE games than I thought

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Hey we’ve ranked the residents evil already today, let’s do final fantasies now

of the ones i've beaten or put significant time into

1. FF6 (SNES) <- beaten
2. FF12 (PS2) <- beaten
3. FFX-2 (PS2)
4. Theatrhythm (3DS) <- beaten
5. FFX (PS2) <- got to final boss
6. FF9 (PS1)
7. Lightning Returns (PS3) <- beaten
8. Crystal Bearers (Wii) <- beaten
9. FF8 (PS1)
10. Fantasian (iOS)
11. FF3 (iOS) <- beaten
12. FF13-2 (PC) <- beaten
13. FF13 (PS3) <- got to final boss, it was a huge timesink, bleh

i haven't put enough time into FF4 or FF5 to give them a fair ranking. and I haven't played FF2. and i can't play FF14 fully solo yet

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 24, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

and if i had to rank the final fantasies and resident evils together, the #1 game would be

obviously

Parasite Eve

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cheetah7071 posted:

what are the best video games about the moon
Moon Remix RPG Adventure

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq7xrO2q2yM

i love songs that are just happy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barudak posted:

The in battle sprites look nice but in dungeon and overworld it looks bad to me
at this point you either like the octopath style or hate it. and by style i mean a shitload of post processing effects

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Walla posted:

Wait, lurdiak autobanned? Why?
he posted the game he assisted on in imp zone. when the first post provided feedback that wasn't 100% positive, he got extremely mad instantly, which is like kicking the beehive. then people found clips of him brainstorming dialog for the game like jokes about murdering make-a-wish kids. at which point he started to go into "i'm laughing at you from the gym" mode. after giving on up that, he had a friend of his post a new thread in imp zone to ask people to leave him alone. it was an entirely preventable meltdown by someone who has a history of picking fights out of nowhere and then acting like he did nothing and the mods are all in collusion against him

the only times the chill chat discord has ever been unchill is when lurdiak picked fights with people there, until he left

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel bad and i don't like bullying, but he should have just asked for feedback here. he needs to handle his anger better as well because he has gotten angry both in this thread and in the discord over things that are not really a fight or argument and it just makes people miserable to have to see poo poo slinging